Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers) | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers)

2011 Colts have not won the Super Bowl after "tanking" but they have won their division twice and been to the playoffs four out of the seven years when their star QB is healthy.

The 1997 Colts are presently a better example of tanking. They went from 9-7 in 1996 to 3-13 in 1997. Drafted their QB in 1998 and eventually won a Super Bowl with that QB.
Geez. Now the Colts tanked in the 90s?

I call BS. The Colts were a bad team. They went 3-13 and the coach got fired. They got a new coach, picked Manning and went 3-13 again because they were still bad.

The minute you have a coach and/or GM got fired this BS about "tanking" is out of the window.

The Ravens tanked the same year the Dolphins only won one game. Against the Ravens of course. Ravens went on to dominance and the Dolphins continued in the sewer.

The Ravens knew what they were doing, but the Dolphins were just confused. Enormous difference!

That is just one example.
Now the Ravens tanked in 2007? :lol:
5-11 is now tanking?

None of this matters. Miami is heading into a long term, Browns-like, dark age. We're talking about 50 wins or less over a 10 year period. It doesn't matter who the coach is, who they draft or who they add during free agency. By the time the Dolphins re-emerge from the dark age there won't be a player or coach on the roster that was around in 2019. Heck half the fan base will have been purged by then. In a few seasons fans will think of the 8-8/9-7 seasons as the glory years.

dolphins still need qb. we all know that. every coach going cover their ass a little bit. who can really trust rookie

These are your two examples? :lol:

We don't have to rehash the Colts. Facts and evidence points to "no tanking" but poor decisions in the aftermath of Manning's injury thus everybody getting fired after the season.

The Dallas Cowboys did not tank anything. They were a bad team before JJ arrived (3-13 in Landry's last season) and they only became good because they took the Vikings to the dry cleaner.

Try again.
I don't have to try again. The Cowboys traded away who everyone thought was their best player at the time and loaded up on draft picks so they could rebuild. The Colts conveniently got their only 2 wins of the season in weeks 15 and 16 after they already locked up the number 1 pick in the draft. No team is going to admit to tanking and the players are definitely are not going to go along with the idea of tanking. I think tanking has to be an organizational decision made from the top. There is clearly an advantage to being the worst team in the league if you are not going to be competitive for a playoff spot. Especially if you don't have a competent qb. Give me one good damn reason for not tanking this season if there are at least two potential franchise qb's in next year's draft? You either need to be near the best team in the league or the worst team in the league in order to have any hope of winning on a grand scale, but where Miami has been as a franchise is the worst place to be. Stuck in a rut, spinning it's wheels with no hope of ever getting over the hump,

If the Bills could excavate Derek Anderson, I'm sure Curtis Painter would make himself available for a few $mil. Under the circumstances would prefer him over Tyrod...hell to achieve sub-mediocrity, I'd take Nathan Peterman, who Buffalo who knew Tyrod best, preferred over him

I don't have to try again. The Cowboys traded away who everyone thought was their best player at the time and loaded up on draft picks so they could rebuild. The Colts conveniently got their only 2 wins of the season in weeks 15 and 16 after they already locked up the number 1 pick in the draft. No team is going to admit to tanking and the players are definitely are not going to go along with the idea of tanking. I think tanking has to be an organizational decision made from the top. There is clearly an advantage to being the worst team in the league if you are not going to be competitive for a playoff spot. Especially if you don't have a competent qb. Give me one good damn reason for not tanking this season if there are at least two potential franchise qb's in next year's draft? You either need to be near the best team in the league or the worst team in the league in order to have any hope of winning on a grand scale, but where Miami has been as a franchise is the worst place to be. Stuck in a rut, spinning it's wheels with no hope of ever getting over the hump,
that 89 time have change. what team is going help dolphins out like. we finish in 2 place last yr in division. it not like we suck. we just need a good coach, and ride wave out. or yall want be like ARI.

If we pick Taylor up these are the only reasons:
a) the FO has realized "anybody but Tannehill". As others said he has become toxic to the franchise and the fans.
b) we are not tanking. Taylor is a minimal upgrade almost same level as Ryan. If he'd start an entire season we'll end up with 6 or 7 wins.
c) if Taylor is brought in he is the veteran presence at QB and the Dolphins have identified their future QB. Rosen would be out. No need to trade for him if you get Taylor because Rosen would start immediately. Most likely the Dolphins have identified their future QB in THIS draft.
d) if we pick Taylor up I expect the Dolphins to trade up for Haskins or Lock. Not enough power to move up to #1.
e) Taylor will start while our draft pick will learn as a backup much like the Browns intended last year. Depending on Taylor's play and the learning curve of our future QB we may see a switch during the season. The Browns were forced to make a switch due to Taylor's injury.

Did you read my post? The Cowboys were bad going 3-13 before Johnson arrived. That;s why Jones fired a HoF coach in Landry. Johnson knew how bad the team was that's why he made that trade and took the Vikings to the cleaner.

You are doing revisionist history in an attempt to make your argument somehow fit.

If we pick Taylor up these are the only reasons:
a) the FO has realized "anybody but Tannehill". As others said he has become toxic to the franchise and the fans.
b) we are not tanking. Taylor is a minimal upgrade almost same level as Ryan. If he'd start an entire season we'll end up with 6 or 7 wins.
c) if Taylor is brought in he is the veteran presence at QB and the Dolphins have identified their future QB. Rosen would be out. No need to trade for him if you get Taylor because Rosen would start immediately. Most likely the Dolphins have identified their future QB in THIS draft.
d) if we pick Taylor up I expect the Dolphins to trade up for Haskins or Lock. Not enough power to move up to #1.
e) Taylor will start while our draft pick will learn as a backup much like the Browns intended last year. Depending on Taylor's play and the learning curve of our future QB we may see a switch during the season. The Browns were forced to make a switch due to Taylor's injury.
Well if this is the plan, it is evident that the front office is as stupid as it's ever been. What would be the point of winning 6 games? I hope you are wrong and I think you are. You wouldn't give your new head coach a 5 year guaranteed contract if he didn't expect to be really bad for at least two seasons.

Well if this is the plan, it is evident that the front office is as stupid as it's ever been. What would be the point of winning 6 games? I hope you are wrong and I think you are. You wouldn't give your new head coach a 5 year guaranteed contract if he didn't expect to be really bad for at least two seasons.
Why? My post clearly said that they identified their QB and probably will draft him this year. They are taking the Browns route: use Taylor as veteran and let the young kid learn behind him. In that case it does not matter of we have 6 or 7 wins if we already have our franchise QB on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom