Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers) | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers)

But if the FO likes Taylor, why wouldn't they go after him now? Because he may not be available after the draft. More than 1 way to skin a cat. None of them are wrong, if they get the job done.
If this organization is so in love with Tyrod Taylor that they can't live without him, we are in for many more years of misery as fans.

If this organization is so in love with Tyrod Taylor that they can't live without him, we are in for many more years of misery as fans.
As a bridge qb. You act like anyone is saying the FO wants Taylor as the franchise.

Where the play style and the playbook would be the same for the starter, as it would the backup (if it's murray). Then yes, I can see why they would want Taylor now.

As a bridge qb. You act like anyone is saying the FO wants Taylor as the franchise.

Where the play style and the playbook would be the same for the starter, as it would the backup (if it's murray). Then yes, I can see why they would want Taylor now.
No, I'm saying if your goal is to get in the best position to draft a great qb, it is not in the franchise's best interest to bring in a qb that can get you just enough wins to keep you out of the top two spots in next year's draft. Murry is a pipe dream. This team won't get a sniff at Murry, so I believe their best bet is to get their franchise qb in next year's draft.

The veteran presence crap is so overblown in my opinion. What can a young qb learn from playing behind a bad veteran qb?

No, I'm saying if your goal is to get in the best position to draft a great qb, it is not in the franchise's best interest to bring in a qb that can get you just enough wins to keep you out of the top two spots in next year's draft. Murry is a pipe dream. This team won't get a sniff at Murry, so I believe their best bet is to get their franchise qb in next year's draft.
If the FO knows exactly who they want, they will try to go after them. If they can't get him in the draft, there's a thing called trading up. It's what many teams do. And they've done it without trading the farm.

the only person dolphins can blame is them self. letting all them blue chip qb go by. now they crying they want qb. look on good side. we go have a fast team w Taylor Stills, Wilson, Grants and Drake. 9-7 who know what can happens. I just want beat Cowboys. come on dolphins. shut them bitch *** fan up

OT - you from Bahamas?

The veteran presence crap is so overblown in my opinion. What can a young qb learn from playing behind a bad veteran qb?
One can learn a lot. Just because they are bad, doesn't mean they don't know what to do. They just don't do it very good.

Tyrod Taylor.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen....

Well, we used to be, dammit.

I’m holding out for Bortles. If we plan to **** this up like a soup sandwich, the 5 to 9 wins guys are too good. We won’t get the pick we want next year.

Sweet Jesus, did I just imply that Taylor is too good for our team?

Marino must be livid.....

Some questions for Tyrod advocates:

1. For those of you who believe Tyrod is better than Tannehill, are you seriously advocating that Tyrod is the QB of the future and will take this team to the next level?

2. For those of you who believe Tyrod is roughly equivalent to Tannehill, why are you willing to bring in another mediocre player? If the goal is better draft position, Tyrod clearly isn’t the answer anymore than Tannehill was. Is a “professional” locker room presence worth the mid-1st round pick every year?

3. For those who believe Tyrod is worse than Tannehill, why bring in a player with no upside instead of gambling on a draft prospect? Even if you pick a late round QB and throw him in as a starter, let him fail miserably and enjoy the high pick, or if he lights it up, you have the QB of the future. If he is mediocre, you might have some trade value. If you get Tyrod, there is absolutely zero upside.

Really, it’s pretty obvious that there is no good reason to bring Tyrod in unless you believe in scenario number 1. Unfortunately, if you believe in scenario 1, you are just plain delusional and can’t be taken seriously. Look at his work in Cleveland and realize he is coming to a team with far less talent. If you still see greatness there, it might be time to book an appointment with a therapist.

Some questions for Tyrod advocates:

1. For those of you who believe Tyrod is better than Tannehill, are you seriously advocating that Tyrod is the QB of the future and will take this team to the next level?

2. For those of you who believe Tyrod is roughly equivalent to Tannehill, why are you willing to bring in another mediocre player? If the goal is better draft position, Tyrod clearly isn’t the answer anymore than Tannehill was. Is a “professional” locker room presence worth the mid-1st round pick every year?

3. For those who believe Tyrod is worse than Tannehill, why bring in a player with no upside instead of gambling on a draft prospect? Even if you pick a late round QB and throw him in as a starter, let him fail miserably and enjoy the high pick, or if he lights it up, you have the QB of the future. If he is mediocre, you might have some trade value. If you get Tyrod, there is absolutely zero upside.

Really, it’s pretty obvious that there is no good reason to bring Tyrod in unless you believe in scenario number 1. Unfortunately, if you believe in scenario 1, you are just plain delusional and can’t be taken seriously. Look at his work in Cleveland and realize he is coming to a team with far less talent. If you still see greatness there, it might be time to book an appointment with a therapist.

Before I start my therapy sessions, it would be helpful to know how Taylor being better than Tannehill has anything to do with him being the QB of the future.

Personally, I don't view Taylor as anything more than a quality backup, which is where i believe his value lies with a team like the Dolphins (and every other team). I'd pass on him now knowing he'll probably be available every off season if it made more sense in the future.

Back
Top Bottom