Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers) | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers)

The only good thing about Tyrod would be going into Buffalo and beating them there. That might make it all worth it

Bridgewater, Taylor wow....just wow. What is next Manziel?

The duality of this Tyrod Taylor thing is strange.

Somehow the fan base can be convinced BOTH that Tyrod Taylor is an awful quarterback AND that if we sign him we will go 7-9 where otherwise we could be Tanking for Tua (which would require a 2-14 record, at best).

If the guy is worth that many wins he is patently not an awful quarterback. And if he is an awful quarterback and Miami are destined to be a terrible team, he is probably not good enough to step in the way of being awful.

But this is the walking contradiction you constantly see in some fans. They live in a La La Land where they can require that the Dolphins go 2-14 while also insisting on 1) having good coaches, 2) having good players, and 3) don't intentionally throw football games. Like you can just wave a magic wand, give the team an unproven quarterback, and voila!

Conveniently forgetting that a total slappy like Brock Osweiler won 2 of 5 games last year with this roster and with (we hypothesize, hence we fired them) worse coaching.

I mean, why should we aim to sign good players? Good players win games. Winning games is a no-no. Why should we teach them proper technique in camp? Proper technique wins games, and winning games is apparently a no-no. Why did we bother to hire a bunch of coaches with championship resumes? Good coaches win games, and winning games is apparently a no-no.

The reality that Dolfans don't want to admit is the Dolphins are already done with Tank for Tua. They sealed up that possibility when a 7-9 team fired its coaches and didn't allow the natural self-destruction that occurs when a team keeps its coach one year too long, everyone's frustration reaches peak level, and the coach starts to lose the locker room, like we saw when Wannstedt started off 1-8 in 2004, when Sparano started off 0-7 in 2011, or when Joe Philbin started off 1-3 in 2015.

The only way they go picking #1 overall is if they accidentally hired a Cam Cameron. And if there had been any Tankers at that time, I bet they'd have been stone cold furious about signing Trent Green because it would have "won us too many games".

But there are posters who live and die that this is true!
Agreed. I don’t think there is any such thing as an intentional tank in the NFL, and if one actually took place and was verified to be true, I fully suspect the commissioner would discipline that team, likely by taking their first round pick away.

You gain the chance to see what you have on offense, to see what pieces fit and what pieces don't, instead of putting someone out there like Nathan Peterman who throws 5 picks a game and not knowing what everyone else is capable of. You give the players that sign up for this year with us the hope of actually accomplishing something, instead of just throwing out an UDFA and throwing the season away in the eyes of the rest of the team. I'd still draft someone this year, and maybe later on in the year see what the rookie has to offer if the year turns sour.
Sorry, but I don’t find this a good explanation. Who says we need a UDFA QB? You agree a QB should be drafted, so draft one and play them. In two years you will know what you have and can draft a high QB if this one fails. This is perfectly reasonable and is unlikely to disenfranchise anyone but the must win now vets, which are likely going to be somewhere else next season anyway. Also, we already know what we have on offense, anyway. If anything, the only player anyone is really up in the air about is Gesicki, and a rookie would actually use him as a safety blanket, thereby providing a better assessment opportunity than a veteran.

Again, I see no logical scenario where Tyrod makes any sense at all.

The duality of this Tyrod Taylor thing is strange.

Somehow the fan base can be convinced BOTH that Tyrod Taylor is an awful quarterback AND that if we sign him we will go 7-9 where otherwise we could be Tanking for Tua (which would require a 2-14 record, at best).

If the guy is worth that many wins he is patently not an awful quarterback. And if he is an awful quarterback and Miami are destined to be a terrible team, he is probably not good enough to step in the way of being awful.

But this is the walking contradiction you constantly see in some fans. They live in a La La Land where they can require that the Dolphins go 2-14 while also insisting on 1) having good coaches, 2) having good players, and 3) don't intentionally throw football games. Like you can just wave a magic wand, give the team an unproven quarterback, and voila!

Conveniently forgetting that a total slappy like Brock Osweiler won 2 of 5 games last year with this roster and with (we hypothesize, hence we fired them) worse coaching.

I mean, why should we aim to sign good players? Good players win games. Winning games is a no-no. Why should we teach them proper technique in camp? Proper technique wins games, and winning games is apparently a no-no. Why did we bother to hire a bunch of coaches with championship resumes? Good coaches win games, and winning games is apparently a no-no.

The reality that Dolfans don't want to admit is the Dolphins are already done with Tank for Tua. They sealed up that possibility when a 7-9 team fired its coaches and didn't allow the natural self-destruction that occurs when a team keeps its coach one year too long, everyone's frustration reaches peak level, and the coach starts to lose the locker room, like we saw when Wannstedt started off 1-8 in 2004, when Sparano started off 0-7 in 2011, or when Joe Philbin started off 1-3 in 2015.

The only way they go picking #1 overall is if they accidentally hired a Cam Cameron. And if there had been any Tankers at that time, I bet they'd have been stone cold furious about signing Trent Green because it would have "won us too many games".
I get what you’re saying, and agree with much of it, but I think you are missing the overarching point. Tyrod has been decidedly mediocre to worse than mediocre everywhere he has been. Isn’t that what we are cutting ties with at the QB position this offseason? Even if Tyrod were given the benefit of the doubt and called a good QB, what does that accomplish for Miami? A good but aging QB with a weak overall team means mediocrity. When the team has improved everywhere else, Taylor will be on the backside of his career. Again, there is no good reason to bring him in if we are trying to build a long term contender. This isn’t even about tanking, it’s about building the franchise to respectability, in what way has Tyrod shown himself to be an appropriate cornerstone of such an effort?

Some questions for Tyrod advocates:

1. For those of you who believe Tyrod is better than Tannehill, are you seriously advocating that Tyrod is the QB of the future and will take this team to the next level?

2. For those of you who believe Tyrod is roughly equivalent to Tannehill, why are you willing to bring in another mediocre player? If the goal is better draft position, Tyrod clearly isn’t the answer anymore than Tannehill was. Is a “professional” locker room presence worth the mid-1st round pick every year?

3. For those who believe Tyrod is worse than Tannehill, why bring in a player with no upside instead of gambling on a draft prospect? Even if you pick a late round QB and throw him in as a starter, let him fail miserably and enjoy the high pick, or if he lights it up, you have the QB of the future. If he is mediocre, you might have some trade value. If you get Tyrod, there is absolutely zero upside.

Really, it’s pretty obvious that there is no good reason to bring Tyrod in unless you believe in scenario number 1. Unfortunately, if you believe in scenario 1, you are just plain delusional and can’t be taken seriously. Look at his work in Cleveland and realize he is coming to a team with far less talent. If you still see greatness there, it might be time to book an appointment with a therapist.
Less money.

not the biggest fan of Taylor but signing him will insure that Tanny is vamoosed so yes, sign him for a reasonable amount.

Back
Top Bottom