Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers)

Tyrod Taylor provided play in Cleveland that was pretty much on par with Cleo Lemon, John Beck caliber play. We're not gonna get a top level QB for sure, but my one prereq for a starting QB is that they have to be able to at least throw the darn ball so we can evaluate our playmakers. Tyrod can't do that.

Pretty sure the Cleveland holdover staff felt like Tyrod Taylor was well on his way to torpedoing their 18 season once the games started

Pretty ****y for a guy that has a hard on for a QB with a career record of 42-46.

You sound like the guy that invented the term "participation trophy".

Instead of doing film study perhaps you should psychologically evaluate yourself to better understand why you support losers at the expense of your own reputation.

Now please dispute what DJ said, factually. Go line by line and answer with a simple (True) or (False) statement.

I'll answer question 1 for you:
Career Passer Rating: Tannehill 87. Tyrod Taylor 89.6.

Which number is higher?
Taylor’s. It’s also higher than Luck’s (89.5). Just saying...

This conversation may get old
The duality of this Tyrod Taylor thing is strange.

Somehow the fan base can be convinced BOTH that Tyrod Taylor is an awful quarterback AND that if we sign him we will go 7-9 where otherwise we could be Tanking for Tua (which would require a 2-14 record, at best).

If the guy is worth that many wins he is patently not an awful quarterback. And if he is an awful quarterback and Miami are destined to be a terrible team, he is probably not good enough to step in the way of being awful.

But this is the walking contradiction you constantly see in some fans. They live in a La La Land where they can require that the Dolphins go 2-14 while also insisting on 1) having good coaches, 2) having good players, and 3) don't intentionally throw football games. Like you can just wave a magic wand, give the team an unproven quarterback, and voila!

Conveniently forgetting that a total slappy like Brock Osweiler won 2 of 5 games last year with this roster and with (we hypothesize, hence we fired them) worse coaching.

I mean, why should we aim to sign good players? Good players win games. Winning games is a no-no. Why should we teach them proper technique in camp? Proper technique wins games, and winning games is apparently a no-no. Why did we bother to hire a bunch of coaches with championship resumes? Good coaches win games, and winning games is apparently a no-no.

The reality that Dolfans don't want to admit is the Dolphins are already done with Tank for Tua. They sealed up that possibility when a 7-9 team fired its coaches and didn't allow the natural self-destruction that occurs when a team keeps its coach one year too long, everyone's frustration reaches peak level, and the coach starts to lose the locker room, like we saw when Wannstedt started off 1-8 in 2004, when Sparano started off 0-7 in 2011, or when Joe Philbin started off 1-3 in 2015.

The only way they go picking #1 overall is if they accidentally hired a Cam Cameron. And if there had been any Tankers at that time, I bet they'd have been stone cold furious about signing Trent Green because it would have "won us too many games".

Tyrod Taylor. Not good enough to lead a championship team. Not bad enough to lead a tanking team to 1-15.

Post your feeling, via a gif animation, if we sign Tyrod Taylor.

Tyrod Taylor provided play in Cleveland that was pretty much on par with Cleo Lemon, John Beck caliber play. We're not gonna get a top level QB for sure, but my one prereq for a starting QB is that they have to be able to at least throw the darn ball so we can evaluate our playmakers. Tyrod can't do that.
I'll take 43 starts of Taylor in Buffalo as a better measure of him than three games in Cleveland under a head coach whose decisions were so to so inhibit Baker Mayfield's development that he was canned midseason.

Bottom line: Taylor was decent in Buffalo. You can say he held on to the ball too long...but I'll take a guy throwing 7 picks getting sacked 40 times over a guy throwing 16 getting sacked 30. QBR is a much, much better measure of a quarterback that QB rating as it figures in throwing stats as well as stats, rushing, down, distance, and score....and Taylor was always top half of the league in Buffalo. In fact, two of three seasons he was top ten. And the truth is the sacks didn't stop once Taylor left....Bills QB's were sacked 41 times last year despite throwing less than 500 passes.

I for one don't want to be an organization that drafts high to win. We need to draft well. When Manning was drafted by the Colts there was a huge debate of whether he or Ryan Leaf should be the first pick and it could have went either way.

If the Fins are building the right way ( the trenches first) you have to at least have a QB that is tough enough to battle out there despite losing. At least Taylor is that. And he can be an adequate backup and mentor. Something Tannehill always failed. He was the worst QB ever when pressured and teammates had zero respect for him.

I'll take 43 starts of Taylor in Buffalo as a better measure of him than three games in Cleveland under a head coach whose decisions were so to so inhibit Baker Mayfield's development that he was canned midseason.

Bottom line: Taylor was decent in Buffalo. You can say he held on to the ball too long...but I'll take a guy throwing 7 picks getting sacked 40 times over a guy throwing 16 getting sacked 30. QBR is a much, much better measure of a quarterback that QB rating as it figures in throwing stats as well as stats, rushing, down, distance, and score....and Taylor was always top half of the league in Buffalo. In fact, two of three seasons he was top ten. And the truth is the sacks didn't stop once Taylor left....Bills QB's were sacked 41 times last year despite throwing less than 500 passes.

I for one don't want to be an organization that drafts high to win. We need to draft well. When Manning was drafted by the Colts there was a huge debate of whether he or Ryan Leaf should be the first pick and it could have went either way.
You know, a workplace truism is that if you get promoted to the next levels by your employer who knows you best, it reflects better than having to change jobs to get to the next level of responsibility.

To me, it's the same with Taylor. Buffalo knew him best, yet decided to draft a QB and ride with Peterman instead. IMO that's far from being construed as any kind of endorsement! Hard Pass.

Post your feeling, via a gif animation, if we sign Tyrod Taylor.
ImmenseSeparateGrayling-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Please explain what you hope to gain by signing him then. It makes absolutely no sense for the short term or the long term.
Competitive integrity from our new head coach..

Is he a free agent or we need to trade for him? This really happening?

Back
Top Bottom