Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers) | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers)

People keep forcing a lockerroom issue if they draft Murray . . . .but Cards aren’t trading him at a major discount.

They may not get the first they covet, but somebody is gonna give at least a second . . .and New England is definitely in play.

They really liked Rosen in the draft.
I could see NE doing that. You and I have talked about this and I can't see us spending a 2nd as we need to fix the whole team but NE always have extra picks(12 picks this year) so I can see them doing it.

It will be interesting to see what the value of the contract Tyrod signed, who is clearly better than tannehill. It will show what Tannehills real value is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi...2/18261948/blake-bortles-trade-rumors-jaguars

-Wonder if we could really copy the Browns, trade for Bortles eat his cap and get a pick for it

That article implies Jax would get a pick, that's clearly not happening.

Buying a draft pick would be stellar. And if there is an owner willing to buy one, it's ours.

It doesn't even have to be a 2019 pick if a future pick would be a greater value we are in a position to accept that.

Give them a 4 this year for a 2 next year.

Houston gave Cleveland a 2 straight up IIRC but swallowed a much bigger cap hit, ironically for Osweiler.

Last edited:
I could see NE doing that. You and I have talked about this and I can't see us spending a 2nd as we need to fix the whole team but NE always have extra picks(12 picks this year) so I can see them doing it.

I am still not understanding your logic tho.

There is nothing more important about fixing this team than bringing in a young QB.

Using pick 48 to do that makes sense does it not? Worrying about the Cardinals affairs and haggling between a 2nd and a 3rd seems irresponsible if you like him as your QB.

Obviously me saying use a 2nd means I feel like he can be the starter and be a young QB that could potentially be the future while not giving away any assets to keep us from further improving the position in a future draft.

If Miami has no interest in him at all, then this is a dead conversation . . . .but if there is legit interest from Miami or anybody else, using a second is inconsequential IMO and makes a whole lot of sense in comparison to giving a FA vet 10 to 12 million.

That article implies Jax would get a pick, that's clearly not happening.

Buying a draft pick would be stellar. And if there is an owner willing to buy one, it's ours.

It doesn't even have to be a 2019 pick if a future pick would be a greater value we are in a position to accept that.

Give them a 4 this year for a 2 next year.

Houston gave Cleveland a 2 straight up IIRC but swallowed a much bigger cap hit, ironically for Osweiler.
Exactly If I remember Osweiler was 18 mill they said Bortles would free 10-11 mill I would think ya sending a late round pick and getting back Bortles and a 3rd would be reasonable. I’m purely speculating on this though I completely just made this up based off reading the article

I am still not understanding your logic tho.

There is nothing more important about fixing this team than bringing in a young QB.

Using pick 48 to do that makes sense does it not? Worrying about the Cardinals affairs and haggling between a 2nd and a 3rd seems irresponsible if you like him as your QB.

Obviously me saying use a 2nd means I feel like he can be the starter and be a young QB that could potentially be the future while not giving away any assets to keep us from further improving the position in a future draft.

If Miami has no interest in him at all, then this is a dead conversation . . . .but if there is legit interest from Miami or anybody else, using a second is inconsequential IMO and makes a whole lot of sense in comparison to giving a FA vet 10 to 12 million.
I guess my logic is that I'm not really sold on him. I agree that if any team feels he's the guy then a 2nd makes sense or even a 1st if you like him so much. I'm not totally sold on him but I also know that there's still some potential there so I'd give up a 3rd and if they say no then fine, on to the 2020 draft it is and we go both lines on this draft. My thinking is this team needs a lot of help and we need the picks for players we feel sure about. Like you said, nothing more important then the QB position IF you're convinced he's your guy but I'm not convinced so I'd rather use a 2nd round pick on a lineman that I'm sold on than on a QB that I'm not sure about. You should also try to get the best possible deal for your team so even if I'm willing to give up a 2nd I'd offer a 3rd first.

I guess my logic is that I'm not really sold on him. I agree that if any team feels he's the guy then a 2nd makes sense or even a 1st if you like him so much. I'm not totally sold on him but I also know that there's still some potential there so I'd give up a 3rd and if they say no then fine, on to the 2020 draft it is and we go both lines on this draft. My thinking is this team needs a lot of help and we need the picks for players we feel sure about. Like you said, nothing more important then the QB position IF you're convinced he's your guy but I'm not convinced so I'd rather use a 2nd round pick on a lineman that I'm sold on than on a QB that I'm not sure about. You should also try to get the best possible deal for your team so even if I'm willing to give up a 2nd I'd offer a 3rd first.

After watching House Hunters over the weekend with my ol lady, I wouldn’t want to insult the seller by offering a third, if you want the property.

In all seriousness, that is ultimately where we have issues. You don’t believe Rosen is the answer and don’t value him as such. A third is basically, well its just a third for a talented guy that Zona wants to get rid of and we could use a QB around these parts.

I am not sure he is the answer and find pick 48 (or even a bit more) to be a fair compromise in finding out if he is while maintaining options going forward.

If Miami feels he is the answer then a first should absolutely be in play, but not necessarily 13 or the 2020 one.

Either way my disagreement this whole time is that a second is the floor for Zona, and they likely won’t settle for less . . . .which they shouldn’t.

Kurt Warner and friends can stick to being talking heads.

After watching House Hunters over the weekend with my ol lady, I wouldn’t want to insult the seller by offering a third, if you want the property.

In all seriousness, that is ultimately where we have issues. You don’t believe Rosen is the answer and don’t value him as such. A third is basically, well its just a third for a talented guy that Zona wants to get rid of and we could use a QB around these parts.

I am not sure he is the answer and find pick 48 (or even a bit more) to be a fair compromise in finding out if he is while maintaining options going forward.

If Miami feels he is the answer then a first should absolutely be in play, but not necessarily 13 or the 2020 one.

Either way my disagreement this whole time is that a second is the floor for Zona, and they likely won’t settle for less . . . .which they shouldn’t.

Kurt Warner and friends can stick to being talking heads.
Last week or so I saw Todd McShay opining on what it would take to get Rosen if AZ drafts Murray. He scoffed at the notion that AZ would accept anything less than a 1st cuz the league opinion on Rosen hasn't changed given how bad the team surrounding him was.

I've said before: a 2nd for him would be a bargain, a 3rd would be an absolute steal. Personally, agree with the talking heads who think Belichick has his eye on Rosen and would pony up a 2nd or better.

I will admit I was looking forward to using lines like "Tyrod struts" or "Tyrod shocks" (car guy humor)

Well, there's Kap, and possibly RG3 available. Flores can provide another opportunity to the "minority" as he's called it. There is a shortage of black QB's in the NFL. Make it happen Flores!
I said it weeks ago. Tannehill will be back on a new contract for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom