UFC 70: This Saturday on SPIKE! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFC 70: This Saturday on SPIKE!

I'm still in shock over that fight. Never seen anyone get KO'd like that.

This could very possibly set up a fight I've wanted to see for a very long time.......... Cro Cop vs. Arlovski

I know this is kinda off topic...but..Does anybody have he clip of St.Piere getting koncked on his ***? (I was sorry that he lost..cuz irally wanted Matty climb the ranks, Whoop his ***, and rretire as a true champ that he is)

I just watched it a couple hours ago. I was away most of Saturday and most of today. I didn't know the result until about 7pm tonight or so. All I can say is ...

WOW!!!!!
Cro Cop got destroyed!!!

that kick wouldn't have knocked mark hunt out...crocop is very succeptable to KOs.

that kick wouldn't have knocked mark hunt out...crocop is very succeptable to KOs.

Rogan was commenting moments before the KO that Cro Cop has a small head and chin, especially compared to Gonzaga, which might make him susceptible to getting KO'd.

that kick Gonzaga landed was unreal. during the replay, you could tell Cro Cop thought it was a body kick; he lowered his hands to try to block or catch it. bad move.

For the first time in five years, the UFC returned to England. At the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester, UK, 14,921 fans witnessed one of the biggest upsets of the year. UFC 70: Nations Collide was headlined by title elimination match between Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and Gabriel Gonzaga. Coming into the fight as a big underdog, Gonzaga did the unthinkable and knocked out Mirko Filipovic with a right high kick.

Just one day after his shocking loss, Mirko returned to Zagreb, Croatia. Upon his arrival, Mirko spoke with Hrvatski Sportski about his unfortunate loss. “I got what I deserved after a performance like this,” said the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix Champion. “That seems to be the cross I’m carrying. I fall down every once in a while and I don’t know why. I’ve been through two times of crisis. Against [Kevin] Randleman, I came back; against Fedor [Emelianenko], I came back. I’ll come back after this. It’s part of my career.”

The knockout loss was the most devastating in the Croatian star’s career. After such a defeat, some fans wondered if “Cro Cop” would continue fighting. “Of course I will finish my [UFC] contract,” responded Mirko. “I have 4 fights left.”

When Gonzaga landed the right high kick, Mirko fell to mat, landing awkwardly on his right leg. According to Nokaut.com, Mirko’s ankle remains swollen and does give him some discomfort. He is expected to have an exam on Tuesday to further diagnose the injury.

I am AMAZED that Cro Cop didn't break his ankle. I honestly did not know that an ankle could bend that way. Must be at least strained, though.

As an aside, UFC 70 was the third UFC event I've witnessed, and quite frankly, I've given up trying to predict main event fights. I'm now 0-3 thanks to Couture, Serra and Gonzaga. :lol:

Here's hoping Cro Cop is okay, and that he and Arlovski go at it. Arlovski/Werdum was painful to watch. But watching two world-class strikers go at it, with minimal interest in the ground game should be a good (if short) match.

I am AMAZED that Cro Cop didn't break his ankle. I honestly did not know that an ankle could bend that way. Must be at least strained, though.

As an aside, UFC 70 was the third UFC event I've witnessed, and quite frankly, I've given up trying to predict main event fights. I'm now 0-3 thanks to Couture, Serra and Gonzaga. :lol:

Here's hoping Cro Cop is okay, and that he and Arlovski go at it. Arlovski/Werdum was painful to watch. But watching two world-class strikers go at it, with minimal interest in the ground game should be a good (if short) match.

:yes:

I'd also like to see that Cheick Kongo guy take on Cro Cop or Arlovski.

:yes:

I'd also like to see that Cheick Kongo guy take on Cro Cop or Arlovski.

Kongo DESPERATELY needs to go to wrestling camp. Even Cro Cop or Arlovski would take him to the mat after seeing that performance. I mean, it's one thing not to be real good on the ground, but to be as inept as he was...wow.

Kongo DESPERATELY needs to go to wrestling camp. Even Cro Cop or Arlovski would take him to the mat after seeing that performance. I mean, it's one thing not to be real good on the ground, but to be as inept as he was...wow.

VERY True, but I'd still like to see a good stand up match between any of the 3.

agreed, but man is he a deadly striker, if he gets some wrestling skills he is going to be an animal!!

VERY True, but I'd still like to see a good stand up match between any of the 3.

Very true. Here's hoping the ref who did the Arlovski/Werdum fight would ref it. I *LOVED* when he told those guys, at the start of round 3 "first guy who retreats loses a point", i.e. "stand up and fight, you wussies!" I don't know his name, but he's my new favorite referee.

Very true. Here's hoping the ref who did the Arlovski/Werdum fight would ref it. I *LOVED* when he told those guys, at the start of round 3 "first guy who retreats loses a point", i.e. "stand up and fight, you wussies!" I don't know his name, but he's my new favorite referee.

:yes: Herb Dean is the man.

I just watched it a couple hours ago. I was away most of Saturday and most of today. I didn't know the result until about 7pm tonight or so. All I can say is ...

WOW!!!!!
Cro Cop got destroyed!!!

Really shocking. I didn't have internet Saturday and most of yesterday so I couldn't get on here to see people's reactions but Cro-Crop gots his *** handed to him. And that wasn't just a lucky kick, Gonzaga was winning the round easily and had done some damage to Cro-Crop on the ground. Great upset for UFC and this is why UFC is gaining in popularity. I don't think their has ever been a heavyweight enter the UFC with so much hype and just get completely destroyed like that. You know UFC was dying to set up Randy and Cro-Crop but it looks like those plans are now on hold. Props to Randy though, he really showed his expertise doing commentary. While everyone was saying that Gonzaga had a slight chance, they didn't really mean it but Randy went and straight up called the upset. I like Gonzaga, he's a big dude and I can't wait to see him and Randy get it on!

This was the third straight fight Arlovski had that put me to sleep!

Back
Top Bottom