UFC 70: This Saturday on SPIKE! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFC 70: This Saturday on SPIKE!

Very true. Here's hoping the ref who did the Arlovski/Werdum fight would ref it. I *LOVED* when he told those guys, at the start of round 3 "first guy who retreats loses a point", i.e. "stand up and fight, you wussies!" I don't know his name, but he's my new favorite referee.
Dean....is his last name..I think

This was the third straight fight Arlovski had that put me to sleep!

Unfortunately i agree, I'm a huge fan of his but it seems like he lost that edge after losing to Sylvia the first time. When he first came to UFC he looked unstoppable. He is clearly missing that killer mentality these days.

Unfortunately i agree, I'm a huge fan of his but it seems like he lost that edge after losing to Sylvia the first time. When he first came to UFC he looked unstoppable. He is clearly missing that killer mentality these days.
he looks scared, IMO....after he got clocked by Tim he's lost his edge. And I dont know about anyone else but except for that guy that beat Franklin, I haven't been that impressed with the Pride guys.

he looks scared, IMO....after he got clocked by Tim he's lost his edge. And I dont know about anyone else but except for that guy that beat Franklin, I haven't been that impressed with the Pride guys.

Wait til Nog fights :chuckle:

And yeah, Anderson Silva is a beast.

that kick wouldn't have knocked mark hunt out...crocop is very succeptable to KOs.
He has been knocked out twice in his career...Everyone is susceptible to a knockout, if the right shot lands on the right spot at the right time....Almost every fighter has been knocked out at some point in their careers, even Matt Hughes and Fedor have had flash KOs...

He has been knocked out twice in his career...Everyone is susceptible to a knockout, if the right shot lands on the right spot at the right time....Almost every fighter has been knocked out at some point in their careers, even Matt Hughes and Fedor have had flask KOs...
no kidding....I dont care who you are a kick like that from a guy that size...your goin down!!

that kick wouldn't have knocked mark hunt out...crocop is very succeptable to KOs.

I'd definitely have to disagree with that as well. In that exact scenario with him dropping his guard anyone would have been out cold.

crocop has that glass jaw...and damn@ the leg bending back the way it did

crocop has that glass jaw...and damn@ the leg bending back the way it did

I agree he has a suspect jaw, but that didn't really have anything to do with the KO. I still can't believe his leg isn't all messed up.

I'd definitely have to disagree with that as well. In that exact scenario with him dropping his guard anyone would have been out cold.

nah man, cro cop actually caught mark hunt with one of those kicks, and the more powerful kicker hardly dazed him. dudes head is made of iron, and his head is sunken into his neck. its a freakish thing, but thats just a few fighters gift. Nog, and Cabbage have those ridiculously iron jaws too.

He has been knocked out twice in his career...Everyone is susceptible to a knockout, if the right shot lands on the right spot at the right time....Almost every fighter has been knocked out at some point in their careers, even Matt Hughes and Fedor have had flash KOs...

Anything can happen in the sport. But I've seen him eat that kick and keep coming.
ps. where'd he get KO'd, in K1?
He's never been KO'd in MMA.

LossFedor EmelianenkoSubmission (Kimura)PRIDE - Shockwave 2006
LossJosh BarnettSubmission (Kimura)PRIDE - Critical Coutdown Absolute
WinTsuyoshi KohsakaTKO (Strikes)PRIDE - Total Elimination
WinYosuke NishijimaKO (Punch)PRIDE 31 - Dreamers2/26/200631:18
WinMirko FilipovicDecision (Split)PRIDE - Shockwave 200512/31/200535:00 WinWanderlei SilvaDecision (Split)PRIDE - Shockwave 200412/31/200435:00 WinDan BobishTKOPRIDE 28 - High Octane10/31/200416:23
LossHidehiko YoshidaSubmission (Armbar)PRIDE - Critical Countdown 2004

I agree he has a suspect jaw, but that didn't really have anything to do with the KO. I still can't believe his leg isn't all messed up.

Kevin Randleman has 2 KO's in 28 MMA fights, not exactly his "thing". One KO was Mirko. Conversely, he "supplexed" Fedor, with Fedor landing on his head with force of both the slam and his bodyweight. Cro Cop wouldve been out cold, Fedor, locked up an armbar for the win a minute later. Some guys take the shots better than others.

I admit, that was a sick, viscious kick though.

UFC 70 did a 1.8 rating the other night on SPIKE

UFC must be dissapointed with that number. Not good.

Anything can happen in the sport. But I've seen him eat that kick and keep coming.
ps. where'd he get KO'd, in K1?
He's never been KO'd in MMA.

LossFedor EmelianenkoSubmission (Kimura)PRIDE - Shockwave 2006
LossJosh BarnettSubmission (Kimura)PRIDE - Critical Coutdown Absolute
WinTsuyoshi KohsakaTKO (Strikes)PRIDE - Total Elimination
WinYosuke NishijimaKO (Punch)PRIDE 31 - Dreamers2/26/200631:18
WinMirko FilipovicDecision (Split)PRIDE - Shockwave 200512/31/200535:00 WinWanderlei SilvaDecision (Split)PRIDE - Shockwave 200412/31/200435:00 WinDan BobishTKOPRIDE 28 - High Octane10/31/200416:23
LossHidehiko YoshidaSubmission (Armbar)PRIDE - Critical Countdown 2004
Sorry, I meant Mirko has only been knocked out twice..

Back
Top Bottom