Under-the-Radar Free Agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Under-the-Radar Free Agents

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily cheap, but definitely under-the-radar types. I expect Miami to sign a couple of high-end players, although more likely they will be looking for young, ascending talent at the mid-level of free agent dollars. Some of these players may end up signing with their current teams.

Player, Position, Age

Jordan Howard, RB 25

Looked good early on with Chicago. Played for Philly last year.

Frank Gore, RB 36
Loved him with Miami and apparently wants to come back. Great work ethic. Would he be willing to play a minor role in the 100-125 carry range?

Kareem Hunt, RB 24
Not for everyone due to character issues, but might be cheaper than his talent dictates.

Emmanuel Sanders, WR 33
Receivers on the wrong side of 30 rarely get big dollars. Probably not a priority for Miami. Maybe if they don't bring Wilson back.

Marcus Mariota, QB 26
In a recent article, David Carr thought Mariota could succeed in a spread offense. Is he more of a high end backup?

Brian Bulaga, OT 31
Miami will be looking at every offensive lineman. More of a short-term solution.

Connor McGovern, C 27
Probably right up the Dolphins alley.

Devin McCourty, S 33
Could end up being that bargain vet that helps for a year or two. Familiar with Flores's system.

Eii Apple, CB 25
Hasn't lived up to his draft status. Would likely sign a "prove it" contract.

Jarran Reed, DT 27
Liked him coming out of college. Had one really good year. Another "prove it" contract type.

Blake Martinez ILB 26
Don't think Miami will be looking linebacker, maybe more depth types.

Shaq Lawson DE 27
Isn't getting the attention of some of the others, but pass rushers get paid. Buffalo has a reported $90 million in cap space, so they should be able to resign him.

A couple of those guys may be of interest.

Love Gore, and he probably wouldn't ask for much, but I don't see them tying up a roster spot at that position, on a 36 yr old back.

Eli Apple? At a cheap (easily cuttable) non gauranteed deal.

McGovern? IDK if thats a clear upgrade over Kilgore.

Reed? Big strong dude. Has a bit of baggage, but likely will not come cheap

Bulagas real solid when healthy. Problem is he’s rarely healthy. I’d be surprised if the pack didn’t bring him back one more year.

that o line takes a massive uptick when he plays

Pack let Martinez go they will literally have zero off ball lbs that can play.

It’s a massive hole in that defense and forces them to play so many heavy db packages

Bulagas real solid when healthy. Problem is he’s rarely healthy. I’d be surprised if the pack didn’t bring him back one more year.

that o line takes a massive uptick when he plays
Just read that Emerson Griffin voided his contract with Minnesota. Another one to watch for Miami.

Just read that Emerson Griffin voided his contract with Minnesota. Another one to watch for Miami.

I wound definitely look into this. He’s a loose cannon and south beach might be a bad mix. but of all the edge options this one trumps imo and given his off field maybe you get him at a good price

unless he’s just walking away which I’m tellin ya he’s a loose cannon

now you are talking.

Last edited:
I see JPP is out there again. Even with 1 1/2 hands he's been producing. Another 4-3 DE that could translate to a standup rusher

Back
Top Bottom