Undrafted Rookie that will Surprise/Make Instant Impact | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undrafted Rookie that will Surprise/Make Instant Impact

My darkhorse is Dustin Waldron. I don't think he shows up this year b/c he needs time to get a little stronger, but for a tackle he is EXTREMELY athletic and quick off the ball. I think he could excel in a zone-blocking scheme and be a guy who really develops in a few years.

Our utility man could be Rishard Matthews. Great PR/KR guy, a WR who can play RB as well, and he's an explosive receiver. VERY raw though.

Our utility man could be Rishard Matthews. Great PR/KR guy, a WR who can play RB as well, and he's an explosive receiver. VERY raw though.

Where did you ever come up with this idea? Never played RB in college.

Without a doubt, Kelcie McCray. He was a guy I was hoping the Phins would take a shot on in the 5th-6th round so they may have gotten a steal. And Ireland is already talking about how much he likes him. He has the best shot out of making the 53 out of any of the UDFA's IMO.

Very raw?? Huh? Don't think so at all. He was a starter at JC before transferring to the Wolfpack and starting almost every game for two years. He caught a lot of passes and in different schemes. He was a darn good punt returner.

He ain't no scholar, but if given enough time to grasp the offense, he could be valuable in the future. A good #5 who returns punts.

hmm

if i had to go with my gut it would be some o lineman that we brought in here perhaps dennis.
i would love to see fuller and gray though

I thought I knew of one a couple of months ago but I can't even find his name anywhere. He was a college LB that we wanted to make into a FB.

I'm not sure if any of this guys will become stars, but some could make the team.

Derrick Shelby

Kelcie McCray

Jonas Gray

Jeff Fuller

Lewis, the linebacker from Bethune Cookman was thought to be a guy that would be converted to fb. He was a tryout player. He was never offered a contract.

Cam Collins was a safety at Oregon State. He was then converted to linebacker. Several scout types have listed him as a super sleeper. He is athletic and has some instincts. Don't be shocked to hear his name. Gil Brandt list him as one of the best gets for Miami as an undrafted free agent.

Very raw?? Huh? Don't think so at all. He was a starter at JC before transferring to the Wolfpack and starting almost every game for two years. He caught a lot of passes and in different schemes. He was a darn good punt returner.

He ain't no scholar, but if given enough time to grasp the offense, he could be valuable in the future. A good #5 who returns punts.

He doesn't run routes well AT ALL

Back
Top Bottom