**uniform/logo Update Thread** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**uniform/logo Update Thread**

Again, the only reason why they were considered one of the best uniforms is because they actually won in them. If the Dolphins were like say, the Bucs, in their first years no one would care about the original uniforms. Hell I live in Colorado and I seldom hear people saying they should go back to their Orange Crush uniforms. They prefer the ones that came after because they won actual Super Bowls in them.

As for my personal opinion of how the original uniforms looked. They are alright. They are extremely dated and from a design standpoint point very bland and unoriginal outside of the color combination. I personally think the new uniform, if given more orange and knocked the colors down a tone or two they will look just as good as the original uniforms.

Oh for the people that say the current color scheme makes the team look like a bunch of wusses. I hate to break it to ya but that opinion has always been in place even when it was the darker colors. I had plenty of people give me **** about the Dolphins colors because they are considered pastel colors. You just have to live outside the Florida area to hear it.

There's a lot of truth in that. When teams win their uniforms do look better. I bet if they did a survey the top uniforms would generally be most of the top teams and visa versa with the bad teams.

There are aspects I like better about the classic uniform, the deeper aqua color for one. I do like aspects of the new design, the striping on the helmet is better and less of a reliance on the orange color.

Recall how long it took to make the last uniform overhaul?! Months and months to go to a solid color with no creativity. It took longer to create a non creative uniform than it took to sign Suh to a 100+ million dollar contract. Don't hold your breathe

Right now people can buy stuff with the throwback logo and new logo. More money.

just wish they would go back to the old trowback but what can we do?

Ozzy rules!!

Ask the damn fans their opinion and go with the fans idea for logo and uniform. Ross isn't smart enough to figure that out. Dolphins could really be a bigger hit with the fan base if they'd run a poll and let the fans decide.

These are the uniforms and look we need:

118pxc6.jpg

Last edited:
I'm being realistic here...the one (almost) universal wish from people who want old school and people who like the new stuff is that we need more orange, and that's what I think is going to be the main change...a thicker, more prominent number outline, and perhaps a couple of stripes, maybe even on the helmet.

I'd be surprised if they do anything with the logo and/or aqua....while Tannenbaum seems to like the old stuff, Ross has forked out a lot of money incorporating Hard Rock with the new color and logo. Plus, from a business perspective, selling both new and throwback merchandise is a good double dip...if they went totally throwback, they'd be losing much of that income.

I’m not a fan of the new logo. I tell everyone we are the Miami Whales now. What I understand even less, is those of you that pine for the Phins to go back to the old logo. When has that ever happened to a sports franchise? Where they said “our newest logo design looks so bad that we’re going back to the one we used 40-50 years ago.” Do you guys expect that to happen and that’s why you demand it or that you know it will never happen and yet you still demand it? Help me understand

Don't you just love when people find a thread they're not interested in, and still go into it to tell everyone they're not interested....
Hello, glad to see your interest in our fine site.

Staff members are expected to monitor even the conversations they find boring in the name of enforcing our Terms of Service. You'll simply have to indulge me yawning from time to time.

:) Bumpus, FH Admin

Again, the only reason why they were considered one of the best uniforms is because they actually won in them. If the Dolphins were like say, the Bucs, in their first years no one would care about the original uniforms. Hell I live in Colorado and I seldom hear people saying they should go back to their Orange Crush uniforms. They prefer the ones that came after because they won actual Super Bowls in them.

As for my personal opinion of how the original uniforms looked. They are alright. They are extremely dated and from a design standpoint point very bland and unoriginal outside of the color combination. I personally think the new uniform, if given more orange and knocked the colors down a tone or two they will look just as good as the original uniforms.

Oh for the people that say the current color scheme makes the team look like a bunch of wusses. I hate to break it to ya but that opinion has always been in place even when it was the darker colors. I had plenty of people give me **** about the Dolphins colors because they are considered pastel colors. You just have to live outside the Florida area to hear it.

That's true to an extent but the Bucs have been bad for a while now and every single Bucs fan I know prefer the creamsicle throwbacks, which I admit are amazing and way better. The winning culture is gone and with it came a desire to switch to the OG look, in which they won nothing. Just looks cooler.

And that's not even taking into account that the modified Bucs logo isn't at all bad, they're just desperate for a new color scheme and design on the uniforms. It's like every unappealing color threw up all over those jerseys. Just awful.

The Dolphins logo changes over the years are a metaphor for how far they've fallen from being among the league's elite. Every decision takes them further and further away from where they need to be. Ross ... get it together.

Hello, glad to see your interest in our fine site.

Staff members are expected to monitor even the conversations they find boring in the name of enforcing our Terms of Service. You'll simply have to indulge me yawning from time to time.

:) Bumpus, FH Admin

I run some Facebook groups and other chats and would never do that....it's just mean-spirited.

We watch the Dolphins for entertainment, and how they look is at least part of our enjoyment...perhaps not yours, and that's fine, but let us have our fun.

That's true to an extent but the Bucs have been bad for a while now and every single Bucs fan I know prefer the creamsicle throwbacks, which I admit are amazing and way better. The winning culture is gone and with it came a desire to switch to the OG look, in which they won nothing. Just looks cooler.

And that's not even taking into account that the modified Bucs logo isn't at all bad, they're just desperate for a new color scheme and design on the uniforms. It's like every unappealing color threw up all over those jerseys. Just awful.

The Dolphins logo changes over the years are a metaphor for how far they've fallen from being among the league's elite. Every decision takes them further and further away from where they need to be. Ross ... get it together.

hes-right-you-know.jpg

Back
Top Bottom