Up Next: The Denver Broncos | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up Next: The Denver Broncos

Re: Hey all I know is...

Originally posted by Oliver
... you have started one of the most read threads I have ever seen on any MBoard. You get more reads in this thread than half naked female Dolphin fans holding a Dolphins helmet. That's saying something! :D

Oliver...

i sure wish we had oliver in his prime, then we'd have one defensive backfield, one you only dream about!

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco
Marion says "The Pats had 8-9 man fronts, and couldn't hold him under 100 yards."

The only reason why they couldn't hold him under 100 was because he rushed the ball 35 times for Christ's sake. They held him under 3 yards per carry which is all you can ask for, especially a defense that is ranked near the bottom of the barrel against the rush.

He can rush it 10, 35, or 50 times, the point is, give him his carries, he'll get the yards. How many times was Ricky stopped for no gain? A lot, and he still came out with nearly a 3 YPC average. That means he must have ripped a couple bigger runs(5-8 yards), on an 8-9 man front. I know you'll hold him in the first half, but we'll see come the end of the 3rd quarter, and the 4th quarter. The fact that they are ranked "near the bottom of the barrel" has very little relevence. The fact is, the Pats threw everything they had at stopping the run, and had partial success. If the game is close in the 3rd and 4th quarter, I give the edge to the 'Fins for the mere fact that this is the time when Ricky is lethal......

Griese

I just can't respect a team that was losing 34-3 to the then 0-2 Baltimore Ravens. I just can't respect a quarterback that gets a DUI. Griese will be thouroughly overmatched come Sunday night.
Miami's defense will pressure him into big time mistakes. For example...I predict Fletcher will get his first big time play in the NFL with a 62 yard interception for a TD for the game winner.:eek:

Week 6 Primer: What's old is new

Week 6 Primer: What's old is new
By Vinnie Iyer - The Sporting News

GAME OF THE WEEK

Miami at Denver . Dolphins 20, Broncos 17

The key to this close game, then, will be big catch-and-runs by rookie playmaking tight end Randy McMichael. Surprisingly, even with those fast linebackers, the Broncos have struggled to cover tight ends, giving up 24 catches for 272 yards in four games.

"I just can't respect a team that was losing 34-3 to the then 0-2 Baltimore Ravens. "

And I just can't respect a team that consistently loses in the first round of the playoffs by an average of 30 points...

"I just can't respect a team that was losing 34-3 to the then 0-2 Baltimore Ravens. "

And I just can't respect a team that consistently loses in the first round of the playoffs by an average of 30 points...
:lastyr:

this is a different team than that one - see Ricky run :D

Marion says "The Pats had 8-9 man fronts, and couldn't hold him under 100 yards."

The only reason why they couldn't hold him under 100 was because he rushed the ball 35 times for Christ's sake. They held him under 3 yards per carry which is all you can ask for, especially a defense that is ranked near the bottom of the barrel against the rush.

Regardless if Ricky was held to 2.9 ypc, we had the ball for 40 mins against their 8-9 man fronts. We had one drive that took 7 and 1/2 mins. off the clock in the 4th quarter. Ricky did his job and that was control the clock. Your offense can't score if they don't have the ball.

And I just can't respect a team that consistently loses in the first round of the playoffs by an average of 30 points... [/B][/QUOTE]
Ouch that had to sting

And I can't respect a QB who's ears poke out his earholes...

Oooooh! Ouch...

No I'm just kidding... I actually think Fielder is ok. He showed a lot of heart in that Monday Night Jets game a few years back taking some big hits and getting back at it. I like the guy.

I still think he's losing on Sunday though... ;)

Here is why I think the Broncos run D will be surprised. Which running backs have they played? Marshall Faulk, Kevin Barlow, Tomlinson, and Lewis. With the exception of Lewis, they are all cut-back type runners, slashers almost. You are about to play a RB where LB speed isn't the biggest factor, strength is. Lewis is more of a power back, and he had the best game a running back has had against your D. You're about to play maybe the most physical power back in the NFL. I don't think Ricky will get 100 yards, but he will get around 70-80, which will be enough for a win......

:monkey: DAVE GOLDBERG

A survival game for the Broncos
The Broncos need the game more, it's in Denver and it's on Sunday night, meaning the home crowd gives the Broncos an even bigger edge.

BRONCOS, 20-13
the Fins need this win real bad, too and scored 26 ag. the Pats :confused:

and 16 of those points were off of turnovers....What's your point?
that we are scoring more than 13 either by TO or thru the air...

Back
Top Bottom