Up Next: The Denver Broncos | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up Next: The Denver Broncos

Originally posted by Muck
Just want to reiterate that Ricky had 126 total yards at KC (at 6 yards per touch). Only thing that stopped Ricky was NORV.
this i agree with 100%!

its the only game he didn't rush for 100 yds!

i have to point out, norv is a good OC. when things weren't working, wanny should have stepped in! asking jay to win the game just doesn't work!

Saying that Shanahan is the best coach in the league is simply opinion. There is no statistics you could bring up that would support that. I guess we'll have to wait until this Sunday to settle the arguement though......

The DOLPHINS-BRONCOS Series

The Dolphins lead the all-time regular season series with the Broncos 8-2-1. The Dolphins have captured each of the last five regular season contests of this series overall.

No matter what you denver fans say (what very little there is), the onus is on Denver for this one.

The last time the Broncos beat the Dolphins in the regular season was on October 27, 1968, when they came away with a 21-14 victory at what was then known as Bears Stadium.

Originally posted by minus
I really think this game will depend on who has the better day passing and doesn't throw the int's.I believe both teams will struggle running the ball but I'm really hoping Miami offensive line steps up ...

Miami 28
Denver 17

but it all depends on which QB ends up having the better day ...

I agree with that.

Denver surely won't run on us and Denver will stack the line against Ricky.

Whichever QB dosen't make the big mistakes.

So have a few more beers this week Griese and go find your dog!

:drinker: :drinkers:

GO FINS!

I'm going to be very interested to see what Clinton will be able to do against the Dolphins... I personally think that we'll be able to get at least 100 yards with him.

You think so? Only Edgerrin James has gotten 100 yards on us, and he has historically(by that I mean the last 3 seasons) given us fits. His style of running makes it hard on our D. We shut down Priest Holmes and Curtis Martin, 2 of the top 5 backs in the league, and you think a rookie is going to get 100? Possible, but not likely.....

Back when we had Terrell Davis running like mad, we went up against a lot of those teams... "nobody has gotten a rushing TD on this team in 15 games" And then TD gets two... "nobody has rushed 100 yards on this defense in 3 seasons..." And then TD runs for 120 yards... That's just the nature of TD... but also our offense. San Diego was saying some of the same things.

But more than that... Wait until you guys get a load of Portis. During the preseason, guys on the Broncos team were comparing him to Barry Sanders and Walter Payton in running style... I was disgusted that they'd say stuff like that until I saw the kid run for the first time. I don't think he's like either... I think he's his own new deal. This guy has got springs on him. His legs are always pumping. Even when he's falling down he's gaining yards. A two yard gain turns into a 5 yard gain because his legs are always on full-speed as he's going down. This kid is the real deal. And he was just announced our number one starter. He's going to be looking to prove why this week.

That first statement you made goes for your D also. Not that we have TD, but that Ricky is fully capable of ripping a rush D apart. The Pats had 8-9 man fronts, and couldn't hold him under 100 yards. Do you think your font 7 is better than an 8-9 man front? I can guarantee you'll hold him in the 1st half. However, you better hope you have a big lead in the second half, cuz thats when Ricky will hurt you.

Every back is looking to prove something every week. The whole comparing your back top Barry Sanders and Walter Payton is nothing new, the Buffalo guys here think they have Barry Sanders incarnate in Travis Henry. However, if Priest Homles couldn't get his yards, and he did try, then I don't think Clinton Prtis will either......

Portis may get close to 100 yards, but I'm also predicting he'll cough up the ball at least once. This isn't so much a knock on Portis (although he has had ball-handling oopsies early) as a feeling our defense will be determined to create turnovers. The Fins and the Broncs match up extremely evenly, and I'm sure our defensive coaches are pounding home the importance of manufacturing turnorvers. They'll be the difference in the game.

I really liked Portis in Miami, but if he stayed in school his role would have really diminished with McGahee being there, who Miami coaches always thought was the best RB on the team. Also, Gore was originally supposed to take over for Portis but Gore got injured. I think Portis will be a good but not great back in the NFL.

Marion says "The Pats had 8-9 man fronts, and couldn't hold him under 100 yards."

The only reason why they couldn't hold him under 100 was because he rushed the ball 35 times for Christ's sake. They held him under 3 yards per carry which is all you can ask for, especially a defense that is ranked near the bottom of the barrel against the rush.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Saying that Shanahan is the best coach in the league is simply opinion. There is no statistics you could bring up that would support that. I guess we'll have to wait until this Sunday to settle the arguement though......

Ummmmmm.........

Shanny was voted the best HC in the league .......
by his peers

Hey all I know is...

... you have started one of the most read threads I have ever seen on any MBoard. You get more reads in this thread than half naked female Dolphin fans holding a Dolphins helmet. That's saying something! :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by Taco John
Back when we had Terrell Davis running like mad, we went up against a lot of those teams... "nobody has gotten a rushing TD on this team in 15 games" And then TD gets two... "nobody has rushed 100 yards on this defense in 3 seasons..." And then TD runs for 120 yards... That's just the nature of TD... but also our offense. San Diego was saying some of the same things.

But more than that... Wait until you guys get a load of Portis. During the preseason, guys on the Broncos team were comparing him to Barry Sanders and Walter Payton in running style... I was disgusted that they'd say stuff like that until I saw the kid run for the first time. I don't think he's like either... I think he's his own new deal. This guy has got springs on him. His legs are always pumping. Even when he's falling down he's gaining yards. A two yard gain turns into a 5 yard gain because his legs are always on full-speed as he's going down. This kid is the real deal. And he was just announced our number one starter. He's going to be looking to prove why this week.

Back
Top Bottom