UPDATE: Flores expects Chan Gailey to return as OC/Gailey steps down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UPDATE: Flores expects Chan Gailey to return as OC/Gailey steps down

Gailey was brought in because of his work with Fitzpatrick in the past. I have to assume the plan was for Tua to sit out most of this season, if not all of it. When it was clear that Fitz wasn't cutting it and Tua was ready, Gailey wasn't able to tailor his offense to what Tua does well (not that there were many weapons). Gailey is done in this league and it's time for him to retire and play some golf. Good luck.

The few folks who are calling this guy a scapegoat must have forgotten how bad our prior DC was compared to Boyer.

Same situation on the offensive side.

Is it any coincidence that people who cant see that Gaileys playcalling sucked also think Tua is a bust after half a season of games?

With this happening so quick to me it shows Flo wasn't happy how Gailey handled the offense with Tua at the reigns.
Good point
I said in my other post,
Tua is known for roll out accurate. How many roll out he called on the LV and Buf game?

I got a feeling he was out to put down Tua, and promote his butt buddy Fitz.

Last edited:
IDK. See thread I just posted on performance stats. Feels like a bit of scapegoat nonesense going on here.
I don't know if it is a scapegoat. Maybe they just came to the conclusion that Tua and Chan are not a good fit. Maybe... But I don't know.

I would not have hired Gailey - just because he had experience with Fitzpatrick.

This was a bad hire - everyone on here called it (just like everyone called the Jets hiring Gase a bad move).

Flo should have hired a guy that knew how to use Tua - even if he wasn't plan on being used this year.

That way, year two - that hard work could have manifested on the field.

Horrible hire - he wasted everyones time.

Good luck to Chan though - time to play with the Grand Kids (or Great Grand Kids).

The few folks who are calling this guy a scapegoat must have forgotten how bad our prior DC was compared to Boyer.

Same situation on the offensive side.

Is it any coincidence that people who cant see that Gaileys playcalling sucked also think Tua is a bust after half a season of games?
That DC has the Giants playing really good defense. He just had zero to work with last season, same as Gailey this season.

I don't think the plan went beyond one year with Gailey. We need to bring someone in to get this offense humming!
There is better way to part way. This tell me Flo is not happy.

I would not have hired Gailey - just because he had experience with Fitzpatrick.

This was a bad hire - everyone on here called it (just like everyone called the Jets hiring Gase a bad move).

Flo should have hired a guy that knew how to use Tua - even if he wasn't plan on being used this year.

That way, year two - that hard work could have manifested on the field.

Horrible hire - he wasted everyones time.

Good luck to Chan though - time to play with the Grand Kids (or Great Grand Kids).
Except Gase sucked and Gailey got the offense to produce best in 20 years in most major statistical categories

Back
Top Bottom