Updated 2020 Draft Strategy: Stay at 5 and get 4 First Round Picks | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated 2020 Draft Strategy: Stay at 5 and get 4 First Round Picks

The first thread omega created on this topic wasn’t enough and a 2nd one was somehow needed?

WTF is going on around here??

Clearly after last night, Herbert is just as polished as Burrow and Tua.

Clearly you’re one of those guys that overvalues combine workouts over years of actual game performance.

And if that’s really the conclusion you’ve really come to, there’s no better evidence IMO why the combine is a bad thing for the average fan to watch.

We do not need a WR. That's our most talented unit on the team.

I know the WR prospects look amazing but its not in the cards for us this year. Drafting one of those 3 would surprise me more than us passing on a QB.
Especially since we are looking at about 8-8 Nextel year; no super high draft picks.
It does however also depend on if we can build the OL with FAs and or develop guys like Dieter and Shaq

Clearly you’re one of those guys that overvalues combine workouts over years of actual game performance.

And if that’s really the conclusion you’ve really come to, there’s no better evidence IMO why the combine is a bad thing for the average fan to watch.

i love reading these threads featuring personal evaluation opinions with the phrases “clearly as good” or “ it’s a fact!” Because it shows the ignorance

Agree. That would be a pretty dynamic start. Plus, with the $90 million in cap space wwMiami should be able to land maybe 4-5 starters.
I’m not sure I trade a Rd2 to move up from #18 for an OT. I’m only moving from #18 if Tua wasn’t available and we passed on Love.
Assuming we have our QB, I stand pat at #18.
My thinking is:
Austin Jackson + Winfield or Swift >> Thomas

Plus a Thomas may fall to #18.

I’m not sure I trade a Rd2 to move up from #18 for an OT. I’m only moving from #18 if Tua wasn’t available and we passed on Love.
Assuming we have our QB, I stand pat at #18.
My thinking is:
Austin Jackson + Winfield or Swift >> Thomas

Plus a Thomas may fall to #18.
It will definitely be interesting t o see how far Thomas falls. In recent years, those tackles have come off the board quickly.

I really like Winfield and Swift. Maybe Austin Jackson makes it to #26?

We do need a WR. We need one more quality WR. Wilson is a ? Hurns is serviceable, Ford is a project, Williams has a lot of potential and Parker has had one year injury free.

It will definitely be interesting t o see how far Thomas falls. In recent years, those tackles have come off the board quickly.

I really like Winfield and Swift. Maybe Austin Jackson makes it to #26?
We could also move from 26 to say 20-22 with our draft capital.

Back
Top Bottom