[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

You obviously have me confused with someone else because I have never put any athlete professional or otherwise on a pedestal.

If you don't think a team leader out past midnight doesn't cause concern for coaches and their teammate, then you are terribly mistaken.

past midnight? really? should he be home by the time the street lights come on?

past midnight? really? should he be home by the time the street lights come on?

Street lights come on after midnight? :chuckle:

I am not saying the players cannot stay out after midnight. I am saying that the coaches are concerned anytime they hear about a player staying out after midnight.

You obviously have me confused with someone else because I have never put any athlete professional or otherwise on a pedestal.

If you don't think a team leader out past midnight doesn't cause concern for coaches and their teammate, then you are terribly mistaken.

Based on what? How could you possibly think that you know what the concern is for coaches on this matter? Because YOU feel that way? OJ McDuffie said on Finsiders yesterday that him and a few teamates were often out at late hours, but you didnt hear anything about it because well there wasnt the social media we have today, but secondly, because nothing negative happened. Now Pouncy has had a pretty bad offseason and this is just another 'smh' moment, but to say he shouldn't be able to celebrate his birthday with his twin after a certain hour is insulting to him and all athletes.

And if you dont put them on a pedestal, then stop trying to dictate what they do with their free time that you wouldn't place on any other individual.

Based on what? How could you possibly think that you know what the concern is for coaches on this matter? Because YOU feel that way? OJ McDuffie said on Finsiders yesterday that him and a few teamates were often out at late hours, but you didnt hear anything about it because well there wasnt the social media we have today, but secondly, because nothing negative happened. Now Pouncy has had a pretty bad offseason and this is just another 'smh' moment, but to say he shouldn't be able to celebrate his birthday with his twin after a certain hour is insulting to him and all athletes.

And if you dont put them on a pedestal, then stop trying to dictate what they do with their free time that you wouldn't place on any other individual.

How am I trying to dictate what anyone does in their free time. All I said that coaches are concerned anytime they HEAR about a player being out after midnight.

Players are going to be out after midnight and coaches are not going to prevent them from doing so but that doesn't mean the coaches are not going to be concerned.

The negative impact would the attention he's getting for all the wrong reasons. While Mike has the right to throw a birthday party at a club he should show better judgement/decision making and not be out at 4 or 5 in the morning.

How am I trying to dictate what anyone does in their free time. All I said that coaches are concerned anytime they HEAR about a player being out after midnight.

These two statements seem contradictory to me.

These two statements seem contradictory to me.

Maybe it's because you have me confused with someone else.

I have never once said Pouncey or anyone else cannot be out after midnight, I only said that coaches and maybe some teammates get concerned whenever they hear about a player out that late.

As of right now, Pouncey has not been proven to do anything wrong but if you don't think the Dolphins organization didn't do a :bobdole: when they heard that Pouncey may have assaulted someone at a night club not only because it brings more negative attention to the organization but out of concern for Mike who has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately.

Wasn't Marshall rumored to have been involved in an assault at a nightclub weeks before being traded? As far as I can tell they are almost identical situations with us coming off an even worse season with even more people being fired but the one big difference is Marshall was on his second strike.

If you just want players that take the game "seriously" then you're likely going to have a pretty nonathletic roster. The sad state of affairs is relative to Olympic athletes (a lot of who don't get paid anything at all, ie amateurs) most NFL players are lazy ass unprofessional ****tards.

Brandon Marshall was/is one of the leagues top receivers at the same time as he was/is a headcase. Marshall always seemed to be in top physical condition. Marshall seemed to care a lot about the game and wanted the ball as much as possible because he felt he was good enough to always make a play (which, to be fair, was right a lot of the time).

Marshall isn't a nice person, even if his violent moods have an impressive "syndrome" label. But he seems to care hugely about football and take it very seriously, even while he's being an idiot off the field.

Pouncey didn't do jack to improve the oline last year. McKinnie made more positive changes in a few games after he came in than Pouncey did all season. He was part of the Martin fiasco. His name was regularly referenced in relation to recreational drugs. He's supposed to be rehabbing his hip and he looks totally out of shape. He seems to have this stubborn streak that makes him do whatever people advise him not to do.

So, yeah, I would have Marshall on my team before Pouncey any day. Pouncey is just cruising and collecting paychecks, IMO. He should be raising the standards of an embarrassed oline and he's doing the opposite.

Maybe it's because you have me confused with someone else.

I have never once said Pouncey or anyone else cannot be out after midnight, I only said that coaches and maybe some teammates get concerned whenever they hear about a player out that late.

As of right now, Pouncey has not been proven to do anything wrong but if you don't think the Dolphins organization didn't do a :bobdole: when they heard that Pouncey may have assaulted someone at a night club not only because it brings more negative attention to the organization but out of concern for Mike who has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately.

Well if I got you wrong, then my bad...I agree with what you've said here, Im sure they are frustrated with the news.

Mike and Maurkice Pouncey proclaim their innocence against assault accusation

NFL players Mike and Maurkice Pouncey proclaim their innocence against a South Florida man who plans to file a lawsuit against the twin brothers, claiming they assaulted him early Saturday morning during the twin’s birthday party at Cameo’s nightclub

The alleged victim, Ricky Vasquez, gave a statement to the police outside the nightclub after he and some friend were kicked out of the club following an incident. On social media Vasquez claims the Pouncey’s and Cameo’s club bouncers chipped his tooth, and he required 10 stitches to close a cut.

“Mike and Maurkice were not involved in any altercation with the accuser or anyone else that night and did nothing wrong. It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain,” said Jeff Ostrow, a lawyer who represents the Pouncey twins.
http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80816882/

Any time these two are out together, trouble ensues. Whether at their fault or not. Shame.

NFL players Mike and Maurkice Pouncey proclaim their innocence against a South Florida man who plans to file a lawsuit against the twin brothers, claiming they assaulted him early Saturday morning during the twin’s birthday party at Cameo’s nightclub

The alleged victim, Ricky Vasquez, gave a statement to the police outside the nightclub after he and some friend were kicked out of the club following an incident. On social media Vasquez claims the Pouncey’s and Cameo’s club bouncers chipped his tooth, and he required 10 stitches to close a cut.

“Mike and Maurkice were not involved in any altercation with the accuser or anyone else that night and did nothing wrong. It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain,” said Jeff Ostrow, a lawyer who represents the Pouncey twins.
http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80816882/
thats funny. The clown Omar starts the article of with this...
And then ends it with this...
According to the Miami Beach police, the Pouncey twins have not been connected to the incident, and as of Tuesday evening Vasquez has not cooperated with the investigation.

"The alleged victims have not come in to meet with the detectives and that is delaying the process," Sgt. Bobby Hernandez said Tuesday evening.
This guy is a circle jerk....

BsY7pzNIUAATdX-1.jpg

Looks like Pouncey wanted everyone to know how well his recovery from surgery was going by walking around the club shirtless.

Bros gonna bro.
You know what that picture makes me think of?

My work.

That looks exactly like a scene in the dayroom in B wing the other day
when we had about 15 of 'em drunk on hooch.

Back
Top Bottom