[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

Hopefully Marquise did all of the damage. I'm sorry, but Mike Pouncey is the best offensive lineman on the team other than perhaps Brandon Albert. I don't want to see another season of Tannehill getting pile driven, and a nonexistent running game. I know this is heartless, but……hey stuff happens in clubs late at night.

why would 4 bouncers and the Pounceys would have to get one man out of the club?

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to have a birthday gig. When mixed with drink at 4am some kind of flare-up isn't out of the bounds of possibility.

So the Pounceys as human beings don't need to be held to some ridiculously high account that wouldn't apply to you or me.

But Mike Pouncey is a leader in an oline that prevented his team from reaching the playoffs, that exposed their young QB to hits and injury, that demoralised players coaches and fans alike, that cost coaches and players their jobs and that brought embarrassment on themselves. I'm not even going into the Martin thing.

This oline is costing Miami big time and you'd have to expect that the players carrying over into this year are doing everything to right those wrongs. The idea that anyone on the line is out of shape, partying excessively, popping mollies and running up stripper tabs, or otherwise has their eye on a different prize than erasing all memories of 2013/4, is outrageous. Any player acting and thinking like that should be off the team because they're holding it back.

If I have to choose between a guy who takes his craft seriously but is a bit of a headcase or egotist (eg Brandon Marshall) and a guy who isn't dedicated to his profession, gimme the headcase any day.

The FO are in a tough spot here and you hate to lose talent, but talent in the absence of dedication is mostly a theoretical concept. Centers aren't exactly key pieces on the roster and Pouncey should realise that but he clearly doesn't. Tough calls may be made before the season is out.

And, as I said previously, who here believes that the choice to throw a bash
and stay out drinking until 5AM was a solid choice that didn't have any negative impact on his life?
That's twice an incident at this club has caused him negative impact,
and it seems to be getting worse each time.

Hopefully he can learn from his flawed decision making process this time.

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to have a birthday gig. When mixed with drink at 4am some kind of flare-up isn't out of the bounds of possibility.

So the Pounceys as human beings don't need to be held to some ridiculously high account that wouldn't apply to you or me.

But Mike Pouncey is a leader in an oline that prevented his team from reaching the playoffs, that exposed their young QB to hits and injury, that demoralised players coaches and fans alike, that cost coaches and players their jobs and that brought embarrassment on themselves. I'm not even going into the Martin thing.

This oline is costing Miami big time and you'd have to expect that the players carrying over into this year are doing everything to right those wrongs. The idea that anyone on the line is out of shape, partying excessively, popping mollies and running up stripper tabs, or otherwise has their eye on a different prize than erasing all memories of 2013/4, is outrageous. Any player acting and thinking like that should be off the team because they're holding it back.

If I have to choose between a guy who takes his craft seriously but is a bit of a headcase or egotist (eg Brandon Marshall) and a guy who isn't dedicated to his profession, gimme the headcase any day.

The FO are in a tough spot here and you hate to lose talent, but talent in the absence of dedication is mostly a theoretical concept. Centers aren't exactly key pieces on the roster and Pouncey should realise that but he clearly doesn't. Tough calls may be made before the season is out.

Wasn't Marshall rumored to have been involved in an assault at a nightclub weeks before being traded? As far as I can tell they are almost identical situations with us coming off an even worse season with even more people being fired but the one big difference is Marshall was on his second strike.

If you just want players that take the game "seriously" then you're likely going to have a pretty nonathletic roster. The sad state of affairs is relative to Olympic athletes (a lot of who don't get paid anything at all, ie amateurs) most NFL players are lazy ass unprofessional ****tards.

And, as I said previously, who here believes that the choice to throw a bash
and stay out drinking until 5AM was a solid choice that didn't have any negative impact on his life?
That's twice an incident at this club has caused him negative impact,
and it seems to be getting worse each time.

Hopefully he can learn from his flawed decision making process this time.

If he is found to have done nothing wrong, where's the negative impact?

If he is found to have done nothing wrong, where's the negative impact?

The negative impact would the attention he's getting for all the wrong reasons. While Mike has the right to throw a birthday party at a club he should show better judgement/decision making and not be out at 4 or 5 in the morning.

I understand Pouncey may be one of those people who believes in work hard play hard but sooner or later he has to realize that type of lifestyle comes with consequences, often negative, for a celebrity/professional athlete.

The negative impact would the attention he's getting for all the wrong reasons. While Mike has the right to throw a birthday party at a club he should show better judgement/decision making and not be out at 4 or 5 in the morning.

I understand Pouncey may be one of those people who believes in work hard play hard but sooner or later he has to realize that type of lifestyle comes with consequences, often negative, for a celebrity/professional athlete.
but the attention didn't come from anything he did. It appears he simply went out, had fun and went home without incident. I'm sorry, I don't see what is wrong with just being there

Being out at 4am is bad judgement?! Why?

Being out at 4am is bad judgement?! Why?

Too many times I have read or heard about professional athletes getting into trouble because they were out at that time of the morning. If Pouncey wants to be the team leader he claims he is, he has to know that the things you do off the field is just as important as the things you do on the field.

Attorney for Pounceys vows action If alleged assault victim “continues to lie

“Mike and Maurkice were not involved in any altercation with the accuser or anyone else that night and did nothing wrong,” Jeff Ostrow wrote in the statement to the paper. “It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain. Any attempt by the accuser or anyone else to bring an action against them based upon these false allegations will be vigorously defended. If the accuser continues to perpetuate these lies, we will bring an action against him.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lt-victim-continues-to-perpetuate-these-lies/

Too many times I have read or heard about professional athletes getting into trouble because they were out at that time of the morning. If Pouncey wants to be the team leader he claims he is, he has to know that the things you do off the field is just as important as the things you do on the field.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Generalizations, such as yours, do nothing more but create prejudices and inequality. Yes, there are stories of athletes and celebreties getting into trouble in the middle of the night, but I'm sure it's not nearly as much as the instances where NOTHING goes wrong. But because you open your morning paper and have read a handful of times that an athlete got into some sort of trouble the night before, you want to condem all of them and suggest that being out past midnight is the making of a poor leader? Well, I'll asure, teamates nor coaches feel the same.

And the fact of the matter is, these athletes are nothing more than entertainers. They aren't saving peoples lives, they live their life playing sports. Stop putting these people on a pedastool and accept that they have the same rights you have and shouldn't be slaves to your ridiculous opinions on what they should/shouldn't be doing.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Generalizations, such as yours, do nothing more but create prejudices and inequality. Yes, there are stories of athletes and celebreties getting into trouble in the middle of the night, but I'm sure it's not nearly as much as the instances where NOTHING goes wrong. But because you open your morning paper and have read a handful of times that an athlete got into some sort of trouble the night before, you want to condem all of them and suggest that being out past midnight is the making of a poor leader? Well, I'll asure, teamates nor coaches feel the same.

And the fact of the matter is, these athletes are nothing more than entertainers. They aren't saving peoples lives, they live their life playing sports. Stop putting these people on a pedastool and accept that they have the same rights you have and shouldn't be slaves to your ridiculous opinions on what they should/shouldn't be doing.

You obviously have me confused with someone else because I have never put any athlete professional or otherwise on a pedestal.

If you don't think a team leader out past midnight doesn't cause concern for coaches and their teammate, then you are terribly mistaken.

but the attention didn't come from anything he did. It appears he simply went out, had fun and went home without incident. I'm sorry, I don't see what is wrong with just being there

There was nothing wrong with Pouncey being there but as he said himself, he cannot go out anymore without someone trying to make something of it.

Whether Pouncey or anyone else wants to admit it, Mike has become a marked man for someone potentially looking to make a quick buck off of him.

Back
Top Bottom