USA Basketball Team gets BLOWN OUT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Basketball Team gets BLOWN OUT

Reaction score
Granted it was only an exhibition game, but this is still worrisome. We lost to Italy 95-78. It wasn't close.

Perhaps this team is still gelling together, perhaps we are still getting used to the international refs (they call traveling A LOT). Or perhaps we're not that good. I'm not panicking or anything, but there are some definite holes on this team.

Our perimeter shooting is pretty bad, this HAS to improve. This team is seems to be very confused by the zone defense. We don't know how to penetrate it. We can't seem to the ball inside to our big men. Pretty frustrating to watch.

If we win the gold in the Oympics, it won't be easy. I'm not so sure we can do it. The world is catching up to us.

Thoughts?

We will win it. I watched the game. I think it was a fluke. USA just needs to start playing like a team. Hopefully they will get it together by the time it starts counting

It was only a matter of time before the world caught up. Couple that with the fact that american players would rather practice their dunks than their shooting or passing skills, and you have the recipe for a blow out.

Expect more.

The simple fact is, we outshot them % wise from the floor, they wiped the court with us at the foul line and the 3 point line. The decline of the fundamentals in the American game is glaring. We lost because our guys quit playing the game. Im sure on a blacktop in Philly, the US team would have blown the Italians away. Too bad noone wants to be a student of the game anymore.

For those of you who watched the game, didn't you feel the Americans were being given a hard time by the officials. I saw some ticky-tacky fouls called on us and a lot of pounding going on, on the other end with no whistle. Just wondering what you all thought.

inFINSible said:
It was only a matter of time before the world caught up. Couple that with the fact that american players would rather practice their dunks than their shooting or passing skills, and you have the recipe for a blow out.

Expect more.

Wonderful post. You couldn't be anymore correct. Of course the world has caught up to us because instead of practicing a point shot people practice their dunks. :shakeno:

caneproud117 said:
For those of you who watched the game, didn't you feel the Americans were being given a hard time by the officials. I saw some ticky-tacky fouls called on us and a lot of pounding going on, on the other end with no whistle. Just wondering what you all thought.
They did call traveling A LOT. Our players will have to get used to this and adjust accordingly.

Prime Time said:
Wonderful post. You couldn't be anymore correct. Of course the world has caught up to us because instead of practicing a point shot people practice their dunks. :shakeno:
Except they still havnt caught up too us. We are still way more athletic and more skilled. It was a bad game. You have to remember 1)these guys just got done playing an NBA season plus playoffs for some. Thats pretty tiring. 2) These arnt the best players America has to offer. Most countries are putting their best out there and we should still beat them. 3) These other national teams have been playing together a lot longer than the US team. 4) Pretty much the whole US team is full of YOUNG superstars. It will take them a little while for them to find their place on the team. They cant all be the number one scorer. The game VS. Italy the players were trying to do too much by themselves. Italy just played better team game. 5) The US came into the game thinking it doesnt count its just an exhibition game. Italy came into the game thinking wouldnt it be awsome if we could be the Great American team. The game was worth a whole lot more to Italy.

Now im not making excuses for the US. THey should of won the game easily but instead they got embarassed. I am trying to proove that the world has not caught up to us. They are catching up but I dont think they will ever be caught up or at least not in my lifetime

LIQUID24 said:
They did call traveling A LOT. Our players will have to get used to this and adjust accordingly.

don't those refs know that they are star NBA players and that they are use to a different set of rules :roflmao: :roflmao:

t2thejz said:
Except they still havnt caught up too us. We are still way more athletic and more skilled. It was a bad game. You have to remember 1)these guys just got done playing an NBA season plus playoffs for some. Thats pretty tiring. 2) These arnt the best players America has to offer. Most countries are putting their best out there and we should still beat them. 3) These other national teams have been playing together a lot longer than the US team. 4) Pretty much the whole US team is full of YOUNG superstars. It will take them a little while for them to find their place on the team. They cant all be the number one scorer. The game VS. Italy the players were trying to do too much by themselves. Italy just played better team game. 5) The US came into the game thinking it doesnt count its just an exhibition game. Italy came into the game thinking wouldnt it be awsome if we could be the Great American team. The game was worth a whole lot more to Italy.

Now im not making excuses for the US. THey should of won the game easily but instead they got embarassed. I am trying to proove that the world has not caught up to us. They are catching up but I dont think they will ever be caught up or at least not in my lifetime
I'm sorry, you haven't proven a thing.

6th in the world championships and then losing to ITALY!!their next time out....Proves a whole lot more.

You've heard the saying, "You have to play the best to be the best"? Well, that's exactly what was said when the USA first started dominating the olympics with the NBA players....They said that for awhile, the US team would smoke everyone consistently and that's what happened but, they also said that the other teams would LEARN from the US players and they would improve, until one day, they will beat the US team....That happened too.

They also said that from that point on the US would no longer be dominant.....

Take it for what it's worth, it may be a mirage, like you said or it may be the real deal, like others have predicted.

But, please don't say that your list of excuses is proof of anything.

ltfinfan said:
don't those refs know that they are star NBA players and that they are use to a different set of rules :roflmao: :roflmao:
You need to take three or four good steps to do a 360 switch hand no look crotchgrab dunk!! :lol:

t2thejz said:

Now im not making excuses for the US.

Yes you are. That is all it is. EXCUSES.

No its not its an exhibition game. Like I said before the US should of won, it was embarassing. We should win the gold no excuses. I was just stating how the world hasnt caught up to us yet. Everything I said is true and came into factor but even with those factors we should of won. Because a team beat us doesnt mean they have caught up to us. Like I said I believe it was a fluke. Jesus the team has been practicing together for 2 WEEKS. Thats nothing.

inFINSible said:
I'm sorry, you haven't proven a thing.

6th in the world championships and then losing to ITALY!!their next time out....Proves a whole lot more.

You've heard the saying, "You have to play the best to be the best"? Well, that's exactly what was said when the USA first started dominating the olympics with the NBA players....They said that for awhile, the US team would smoke everyone consistently and that's what happened but, they also said that the other teams would LEARN from the US players and they would improve, until one day, they will beat the US team....That happened too.

They also said that from that point on the US would no longer be dominant.....

Take it for what it's worth, it may be a mirage, like you said or it may be the real deal, like others have predicted.

But, please don't say that your list of excuses is proof of anything.
WRONG. If you think the world has caught up to us then look in the NBA. Sure there has been a rise in European players in there. Like I said the world is catching up but havnt caught up and wont in my life time. But 90 percent of our stars are still American and like I said are top stars arnt even on the US team I have played against B ball players that have gone to Europe to play in there leagues and have done fairly well but they arnt even close to being able to make the last spot on an NBA team. If these Europeans have caught up then they would be in the NBA but there not because they arnt good enough. Now with that being said they are getting better but they arnt even close to are players skills

t2thejz...you are contradicting yourself. You are listing excuses why USA lost and yet you say I am not making excuses. You obviously are.

just stating how the world hasnt caught up to us yet. Everything I said is true and came into factor but even with those factors we should of won.

Sounds like excuses If you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom