USA Basketball Team gets BLOWN OUT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Basketball Team gets BLOWN OUT

.The US team lost because they didnt give it enough effort plain and simple. NO EXCUSES. I am just pointing out that NO TEAM HAS CAUGHT UP TO OUR TEAM YET

Yeah...No team has caught up....they lose to Italy and then need a buzzer beater to knock off that great basketball powerhouse Germany.

t2thejz said:
.The US team lost because they didnt give it enough effort plain and simple. NO EXCUSES. I am just pointing out that NO TEAM HAS CAUGHT UP TO OUR TEAM YET

:shakeno: Take off those red, white, and blue glasses. They lost to Italy. Well they didn't even lose, they got embarassed. Germany almost beat us but it took a prayer for us to win. Yep noone has caught up to us alright. :rolleyes:. US isn't the same powerhouse it was a few years ago. People are getting better all around the world. That and they want to beat the US. But no you are right...no team has caught up to us. :roflmao:

Well, I'll put it this way: In terms of indiviual players, the world hasn't caught up. We have the best individual players. It's probably not that close either.

However, in terms of team ball (which is what matters, after all), the world is definitely closing the gap. They pass well, shoot well and have their fundementals down. They play great together. Some of these guys drop put of school very young (like 13-14) and are coached full-time. They play ball all day pretty much.

LIQUID24 said:
Well, I'll put it this way: In terms of indiviual players, the world hasn't caught up. We have the best individual players. It's probably not that close either.

However, in terms of team ball (which is what matters, after all), the world is definitely closing the gap. They pass well, shoot well and have their fundementals down. They play great together. Some of these guys drop put of school very young (like 13-14) and are coached full-time. They play ball all day pretty much.

We do have the best individual players. I think the only foreign players who could make this team are Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Peja Stojakovic (sp?), and Yao Ming. Maybe I forgot one or two guys but you get the idea. We do have the best talent. However, we lack chemistry and since this is a team game, we won't win games if we lack it.

LIQUID24 said:

I agree. They play better team ball, but the thing is the US is capable of playing team ball

iceblizzard69 said:
We do have the best individual players. I think the only foreign players who could make this team are Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Peja Stojakovic (sp?), and Yao Ming. Maybe I forgot one or two guys but you get the idea. We do have the best talent. However, we lack chemistry and since this is a team game, we won't win games if we lack it.
I agree 100 percent but I think we need only half the chemistry the other teams do and we can win it all. Im hopfull that we can get it together

Prime Time said:

:shakeno: Take off those red, white, and blue glasses. They lost to Italy. Well they didn't even lose, they got embarassed. Germany almost beat us but it took a prayer for us to win. Yep noone has caught up to us alright. :rolleyes:. US isn't the same powerhouse it was a few years ago. People are getting better all around the world. That and they want to beat the US. But no you are right...no team has caught up to us. :roflmao:
Alright Italy beat us ONCE. If we played them 10 times, they would be lucky to win 3 games and if you think otherwise you dont know anything about the game. You guys have to get real if you think any European team has caughten up to us.

America has a lot of fundamental players, it is just that hardly any of them are top notch athletes and don't get a chance to show what they can do because they NBA is about POTENTIAL. A kid with a 10ft wingspan, a 44 inch vert, and a killer crossover is going to be drafted ahead of a 4 year college guy with good fundamentals but slow foot speed. There are thousands of Americans playing all over the world with very good fundamentals in teams with great "team" games.

Right now the youth do NOT have to adapt because the system is set up for the athletes to get all the chances. Until GMs stop taking players based on A.A. and potential and make them PROVE themselves nothing will change, I guarentee you that. You think the kid growin up in the Bronx right now is worried about beating Latvia? No, he wants to get on SportsCenter and get a max contract.

And the term "Superstar" is being thrown around generously. Hoe many Superstars are on team USA? I count 2. That is right, two players. Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson. What has any other player done to deserve the moniker superstar? Good young players? YES! But to be a superstar you have to be more than that and you have to WIN. You have to be the Go-To guy in pressure situation and you have to suceed over a long period of time before you are a real star.

t2thejz said:
Alright Italy beat us ONCE. If we played them 10 times, they would be lucky to win 3 games and if you think otherwise you dont know anything about the game. You guys have to get real if you think any European team has caughten up to us.

Italy do not have one currant or former NBA player on their roster. That statement speaks for itself.

t2thejz said:
Marbury is a superstar. Look at the guys numbers

How many winning teams has he been a part of, and been the #1 guy on?

He is a star, but calling him a superstar just shows how much that term is worth these days. To me, it ain't worth a row of beans anymore.

It is just a product of the hype machine.

Wow! He has averaged a little over 20 points and 8 assists per game in his career. He is right up there with Iverson, and I agree I was throwing the term around pretty losely but Marbury is an elite player

t2thejz....they killed us. It wasn't like they won by 3 points or something. For you to make that statement is just because you are being blinded by the red white and blue.

t2thejz said:
Wow! He has averaged a little over 20 points and 8 assists per game in his career. He is right up there with Iverson, and I agree I was throwing the term around pretty losely but Marbury is an elite player

But teams don't get better because of Marbury. He doesn't bring teams up a level like real superstars do. It isn't just about stats, look at Glenn Robinson. Good PPG and RPG averages but was he ever a superstar?

Stats are a small part of the equasion for me. What you do in a broader sense is what makes *true* superstars.

Marbury, to me, is a star that is young enough to become a superstar if he brings teams to the forefront. Right now he is only a star to me though.

Back
Top Bottom