USA Basketball Team gets BLOWN OUT | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Basketball Team gets BLOWN OUT

Bodzilla29 said:
But teams don't get better because of Marbury. He doesn't bring teams up a level like real superstars do. It isn't just about stats, look at Glenn Robinson. Good PPG and RPG averages but was he ever a superstar?

Stats are a small part of the equasion for me. What you do in a broader sense is what makes *true* superstars.

Marbury, to me, is a star that is young enough to become a superstar if he brings teams to the forefront. Right now he is only a star to me though.
What about T-Mac. What would you consider him?

Prime Time said:
t2thejz....they killed us. It wasn't like they won by 3 points or something. For you to make that statement is just because you are being blinded by the red white and blue.
Did you watch the game? So you actuelly think Italy is a better team then us and has caught up. You call me blind? If they were a better team then the Us wouldnt have been so embarassed after losing.

t2thejz said:
What about T-Mac. What would you consider him?

I think Tmac is a star, and a very good basketball player that is made out to be great by the media machine. He is a very good player with the chance for greatness. But, what has he ever done for his teams? Another guy that has never been out of the first round of the playoffs and everybody bows to him. Win something, show me you have the heart and will power to force your team to victory. Tmac hasn't shown this yet, but is still young and can definately get there.

Remember, this is only my opinion(but I think everybody would do well in adopting it, I mean some people think Amare freakin Stoudemire and Dwyane Wade are superstars). To me, to be a real superstar, you have to win. PLain and simple. MVP of the league, Rings, and the ability to win a game and take your teammates to another level. There are few true superstars, and that is the way it should be. Only the best of the best should be considered in the superstar category, the rest should be called stars or good players until they reach greatness.

Bodzilla29 said:
I think Tmac is a star, and a very good basketball player that is made out to be great by the media machine. He is a very good player with the chance for greatness. But, what has he ever done for his teams? Another guy that has never been out of the first round of the playoffs and everybody bows to him. Win something, show me you have the heart and will power to force your team to victory. Tmac hasn't shown this yet, but is still young and can definately get there.

Remember, this is only my opinion(but I think everybody would do well in adopting it, I mean some people think Amare freakin Stoudemire and Dwyane Wade are superstars). To me, to be a real superstar, you have to win. PLain and simple. MVP of the league, Rings, and the ability to win a game and take your teammates to another level. There are few true superstars, and that is the way it should be. Only the best of the best should be considered in the superstar category, the rest should be called stars or good players until they reach greatness.
Alright you make some good points. I still think Stephan is a borderline superstar but your consistent and your opinion is as valid as any others

No, nobody has caught up to the US....It was all just a mirage....The US is back to it's old dominating ways.

Good call, t2......thanks for setting us straight.

inFINSible said:
No, nobody has caught up to the US....It was all just a mirage....The US is back to it's old dominating ways.

:shakeno: You dont know **** about b-ball if you think the world has caught up to us. Did you even watch the game? Puerto Rico wanted it more than our players. Plain and simple. You could tell by the expressions on their face. For some reason our team doesnt give a cats *** if we win the gold or not. It doesnt mean anything to them. They would play twice as hard in the playoffs. I mean the team captain is Allen Iverson. :lol: The guys a bum. The team just doesnt have the drive they need to win . To think that puerto rico is even as good as the US. Then you need to study the game a little more. The reason why the US looks so bad is a think called effort, not talent.

t2thejz said:
So you actuelly think that Puerto Rico is better than the US team or as good
You don't??

I don't think you understand the concept of team basketball. It's not about who has the better athletes and it's not about which team can get more dunks. It's about putting the bal lin the hole and keeping the other team from doing the same. It's about ball movement and open looks. It's about picks and jumpers. It's about ALL 5 players on the floor.

YES, I think Puerto Rico has a better TEAM than the US....Didn't they just prove that?

Wow try to use some logic. Damn! I guerentee that Greece wanted it more than us but Im sure the US didnt want to lose 2 in a row and be even more embarassed than they already are. Like Ive been saying the US is better than any other team out there and they can beat anyone when they put enough effort out there and the US will pretty much beat most teams with their half assed effort.

inFINSible said:
You don't??

I don't think you understand the concept of team basketball. It's not about who has the better athletes and it's not about which team can get more dunks. It's about putting the bal lin the hole and keeping the other team from doing the same. It's about ball movement and open looks. It's about picks and jumpers. It's about ALL 5 players on the floor.

YES, I think Puerto Rico has a better TEAM than the US....Didn't they just prove that?
Yes its about execution but to exacute you have to put forth some effort out there. These bums on the US team are too worried about getting hurt for the NBA season than getting a gold. The US could beat that team 10 times in a row if they gave it 100 percent.

There have been 100s of times that a team has beat a better team than theirs in sports history, and most of the time is has something to do with effort, or luck

inFINSible said:

You call getting blown out by 19 to a non medal contender and then beating an average Greek side by 6 getting back to dominating ways?

Wow, I'd love to live in your reality for even 5 minutes!

Bodzilla29 said:
You call getting blown out by 19 to a non medal contender and then beating an average Greek side by 6 getting back to dominating ways?

Wow, I'd love to live in your reality for even 5 minutes!
He was being sarcastic

Back
Top Bottom