USC Mike Williams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC Mike Williams

Geauxfins said:
You go on believing that...clearly you were never a college athlete. The NCAA has rules. The rules are made by the member university's. The NCAA is exists to enforce the rules. Seems pretty easy to me. Mike Williams had options that did not include getting an agent and taking money from that agent. He could have retained a lawyer to advise him, and the lawyer would have told him to wait and see what happened. My opinion, bad choice and too bad he has to pay the price...but you can't set a precedent by letting him skate the rules...what's next, a kid gets an agent doesn't get drafted so you have to let him back in...then, a kid gets and agent, gets drafted by San Diego, so he wants to go back to school. Nope, the NCAA exists to enforce the rules, and that is what they did. Get over it. I think Mike will be ok...:cool:
The court system overruled their rules and therefore was not a "rule" at the time Mike Williams declared for the draft. Once the rule was put back in place he gave back everything. I wholehearted disagree with this. He followed the rules to a t.

byroan said:
Who does want to go to class?? You act like it's a big deal he only wanted to play ball, there's hundreds of people out there that just want to play ball. When you're that good, the last thing you think about is your academics.

you're right. These guys deserve a free pass because they play a sport, and you love to watch compeitive NCAA Football. A kid that works his *** off to be tech club president doesn't get a scholarship, he still has to go to school. And last time I checked, keeping Williams out of NCAA only hurts the ratings. NCAA Football is FOR A CLEAN SPORT not for making college look like a joke so you can get the big $$ in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom