Valentine's Day Thread: What made you fall in love with the Dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Valentine's Day Thread: What made you fall in love with the Dolphins?

the dolphin on the helmet

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

it was i seen that game the qb was i think jim hart

When I was 5, my dad came home from work one day with a surprise for my older brother and I. This was mine...

_57JPG-1.jpg

_57JPG-2.jpg

Haven't looked back since. That was 94' and we just now seem to have found Dan the Man's replacement.

Being a kid in Miami and seeing Bob Griese come into my families Pizza Place and then going home and watching him on TV. The crowd cheers from neighbors homes when they had a positive play..

I was 13 in 1985 when Marino really blew up. It was an exciting time, and 84-85 were my sports formative years. It was easy to like them. I mean, at that time, growing up in Michigan, you either liked the Lions or some other front runners like the Raiders. In 84 I fell in love with the Tigers for baseball, 85 the Dolphins for football.

I would spend the weekends at my grandpas house and we would either watch the Dolphins games every Sunday or listen to them on the radio while we were out fishing.. Sprinkle in going to probably 1 game a season with my dad. Now you have a 28 year old.. who's got his girlfriends 5 year old wearing a Dolphins cap to school and already telling me the crap other kids say... Poor kid lol

My brother is a huge Bills fan. It was sometime around 1990 and he was watching Bills vs Dolphins. To be the spiteful younger brother I started cheering for the Dolphins to piss him off. Unfortunately have been a die hard fan ever since.

72 Super Bowl watching with my father, he said who do you like? Me knowing nothing at age 5 liked the Unis so went with The Dolphins. Dear God I coulda been a Redskins fan if they had cooler unis....

There were two teams in Florida when I started watching...it was between the Fins and the Bucs.

Dad took me to the first Dolphins game mainly to see Flipper. The next season he signed me up for the Zelda Farms huddle club and let me go to games with a group of kids on a bus. Our section was in the cheap seats but after the first quarter we all snuck down to the empty good seats. I watched wrestling as well so Wahoo Mcdaniels was my favorite player.
Had season tickets during most of the Marino years.

great story... you do know I was speaking about the tv show, right?

Marino and the Mark's Brothers in Marino's rookie season. Never saw anything like it.

My dad was a Dolphins fan and I started watching games on TV when I was about 7 in '97. Went to my first game in '98 and the stadium was half full of damn Jet fans. Went to the game where they retired #13. It's been a long, miserable journey. The love has drained out of this marriage.

January 2, 1982 Chargers vs. Dolphins- AFC Divisional Playoff Game
The game was on late and it was a great game. I lived in Nj and liked the eagles at the time(so young, and dumb.lol). I remember just liking the Dolphins. The hook and ladder to Tony Nathan just GOT ME. My Mom made me take a shower during the game, to get ready for the next day. I took the fastest shower ever!!!lol Got back to the game and she made me go t bed.smh(Mother!!!lol) BUT!!!! I left the TV on and was able to watch the rest of the game on my stomach from the top of the stairs.lmao. I witnessed us lose that game. I witnessed Charlie Joyner or Kellen Winslow being carried off the field. AND I WAS IN TEARS!!!! AND a new member of the Miami Dolphins fan club.

Dan Marino....

My first game I ever sat down and watched was Marino's comeback against Atlanta in 95. I was 7 years old and I was hooked on the Dolphins after that game. Incredible game

Back
Top Bottom