Veteran RB Options for the Miami Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Veteran RB Options for the Miami Dolphins

?
There are dozens of FA running backs still unsigned along with post June 1st cuts. Not sure why it would only come down to a trade.
I’ve already stated my belief that none of the FA RBs are worthy of being brought in. As far as cuts in the summer how often has that actually succeeded?

Damn, it seems like a lot of people feel we shouldn't even play our games this year since we didn't draft a RB high.....lol
I'll admit I was hoping for one of the top 3 RB's but that didn't happen. Keep in mind every pick we didn't use for a RB was used for a player at another position and trust me, every position we drafted was a real need as well.

I'm still available. I've flown under the radar some this year. At 6ft 258 lbs and 53 years young I have a lot left in the tank, and it's quite a large tank at that. I was once clocked at 4.15 in the 40, wait that was a typo, it was 4:15 but that is still pretty fast considering that time included a stop for a drink of water and a Nutty Buddy at the 20 yard mark. That was a minute ago but I believe I could get that time again with a little training and if there was an ice cream truck involved for motivation...
If someone can put in the good word and get me on the team I promise to come back on here weekly and give you guys the inside scoop.
You might want to contact Urban Meyer and the Jags. They will sign you.

I'm not sure why ppl assume it is even a priority for Flo n Co.

Sure, if some possible upgrade comes along, they are going to look at it, but I don't know there is any OMG, what are we going to do, hand wringing going on.

We put a claim in for Kerryon Johnson

If this is true, then it shows they do want to try and upgrade the RB position. Guessing someone else will be added before the season starts. Hoping we will wait until after the June 1st cuts to add somebody. Hopefully someone who is not expected to get cut does.

We'll find someone. Really not concerned with running back.

As a team that plays in the AFC East, where its three division rivals play in regions of the country that experiences severely bad weather late in the season, expecting to count on the passing game and Will Fuller and Jaylen Waddle to open up the running game in that weather is nuts. I agree with those that have said that there aren't any RBs that would be a significant upgrade to our running back corps. The time for an upgrade was in the draft and free agency. Will Brown or Doaks be the guy that can pound the ball in bad weather? I hope so, but the thing that worries me more than the talent of our RB corps is Matt Skura at center. I have confidence that Jackson, Kindley, and Hunt will improve this season, and Eichenberg will be a good fit at RT, especially in the running game. But what I've seen of Skura on tape makes me wonder what the front office was thinking when we signed him. I'm not even talking about the snapping issues he had last season. He has so many lapses in technique and isn't the kind of interior lineman that can regularly get some push in the running game. Hunter Long may turn out to be a good tight end, but the front office blew it when they passed on Meinerz. Meinerz is going to be, at the very least, a solid lineman in the NFL. Honestly, I believe he'll be in the top 5 at his position within two years.
It's possible that Miami likes Deiter at center.

Skura's contract was backup money. Doesn't mean he won't be the starter, but that could be a good competition.

The problem I see here isn't that the position has no value but rather that people don't know how to appraise the value.

The first 2-4 yards can be won by the line consistently, after that individual ability takes over.

Where in the stat sheet does it show the effect of a HB setting you up with 3rd and short after a 2nd down run?

Its never going to show on a stat sheet for the HB that the defense was off balance.

Its not going to show that the HB set up a TD with a 20 yard first down scamper on third and 4.

You always want the most skill at your skill positions. I'm not saying to pay out the rear but the idea if wanting the best athlete possible at HB isn't insane.
The Dolphins seem to value the position even less than most teams.

That said, Grier has had some late round success at running back. I want to see what Doaks brings to the table before bringing in cast-offs from other teams.

Hard to find a less talented rb room than miamis

maybe the ups driver laird finally gets his walking papers. He’s made nfl money 2 years too long already

Back
Top Bottom