Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

The focus on running the ball in Tennessee isn't to protect Tannehill, it is to protect the OL. That is what some cannot seem to understand. The pounding the ball and play action passing slows down the pass rush.

I have not seen a single fan of Tannehill, myself included, claim that he is on par with Mahomes or Rodgers. Not sure why people keep throwing up that straw man. Franchise and elite are not synonyms. There are only 2 or 3 elite QBs and 10-15 franchise QBs.
I agree 100%. We just appreciate him for who he is and the growth he's shown since leaving Miami.

He used to drive me crazy when he was here and I think he and the Phins needed a change but I'll be the first to admit I didnt realize just how bad the coaching around him was. Im happy hes suceeding and Ive found myself rooting for the Titans multiple times this year. He also made our draft soooo much better this year. You will not hear me doggin Tannehill again

I think the Titans are going to have a really hard time beating red hot Ravens for 3rd time in a year.

Their D is problematic. The one (big) thing they have going is the intangible “never say die” mentality that always seems to pull them out. If they are with 10 or 14 in 4th Q, you KNOW it’s going right down to wire.

i think THill jas something like 6 or 7 game winning drives since last year.

EDIT: 9 GWD since starting @ Titans, 7 of which were 4th qtr comebacks.

He should land in the NFL all-time top 10 in GWD next year, with another 5 years to go after that. Amazing

Last edited:
He used to drive me crazy when he was here and I think he and the Phins needed a change but I'll be the first to admit I didnt realize just how bad the coaching around him was. Im happy hes suceeding and Ive found myself rooting for the Titans multiple times this year. He also made our draft soooo much better this year. You will not hear me doggin Tannehill again
Makes you wonder how many other careers have been derailed or diminished by coaching and/or FO incompetence. Think if the Skins would have drafted Tannehill instead of RG3. Shanahan's offense would have fit him perfectly. Or, better yet, if we would have hired Shanahan instead of Gase since he interviewed with us.

I used to slam Elway and E Manning for driving trades, but I've changed my tune. If you have the power to avoid incompetence, more power to you.

yep; 7 years without having to worry about a QB and you STILL couldnt build a decent O around him. Thats just terrible mismanagement. I woulda loved to see some glory return to Miami with him at helm.

Makes you wonder how many other careers have been derailed or diminished by coaching and/or FO incompetence. Think if the Skins would have drafted Tannehill instead of RG3. Shanahan's offense would have fit him perfectly. Or, better yet, if we would have hired Shanahan instead of Gase since he interviewed with us.

I used to slam Elway and E Manning for driving trades, but I've changed my tune. If you have the power to avoid incompetence, more power to you.
That's my biggest concern with Tua. Do we have the right coaches to get the most of Tua and the right front office to get the right pieces.

Back
Top Bottom