Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

Cool story. Too bad it’s not true. Tannehill is playing elite ball with or without Henry (133 passer rating against NO last season). Henry was piling up 3.6 YPC last season until Tannehill came along. Those are facts.

Agreed they are facts. However, they're facts that support that Mariota and the Titans offense was bad. They don't support than Derrick Henry isn't a beast.

7-6ehill is an average quarterback without being able to hand it to Henry.

Agreed they are facts. However, they're facts that support that Mariota and the Titans offense was bad. They don't support than Derrick Henry isn't a beast.

7-6ehill is an average quarterback without being able to hand it to Henry.
Henry is a beast. Tannehill has had one chance to play without Henry. He played excellent against an excellent team.

Tannehill was an average QB playing on a crappy team. He is an excellent QB on a good team. Every single passing stat and film review shows that.

I do and it's a fact. No running back in the league has faced more loaded boxes the past 2 years than Henry.

I can't help it if groupies like to get on the internet and lie. Nothing I can do about that.
The Titans also play a lot of heavy formations on offense. Its not like Tennessee is coming out in 4 receiver sets and defenses are loading the box. They are playing 2 TEs much of the time.

you would have an argument if Tannehill were making nothing but easy throws, but that is not what is happening. He is making some of the most difficult throws in the league. This is all backed up by statistics. Expected completion percentage, aggressiveness %, YPA, intended air yards, etc all point to a QB that is slinging it.

That's not logic. It's more of a false equivalence than logic. Josh Jacobs is also worse with Mariota under center than he is with Derek Carr under center.

Henry was figuring the league out while Mariota was his quarterback. I told you last year the Titans playoff story ends when Henry finally runs out of gas and Tannehill has to throw it 35 times. You can't be serious with this conversation.
I can't? But by the same token how many times have I told you that Melty Ryan has glass balls and no matter the lead in the first half, it's a reasonable bet that he will come up short?

Vaark = Oracle

I can't? But by the same token how many times have I told you that Melty Ryan has glass balls and no matter the lead in the first half, it's a reasonable bet that he will come up short?

Vaark = Oracle

That type of thing is going to happen to everybody. It happened to Elway, Marino, and all of the greats many times.

All I know is Matt Ryan could've played for me. He was never supposed to make it this far to begin with according to the Oracle.

That type of thing is going to happen to everybody. It happened to Elway, Marino, and all of the greats many times.

All I know is Matt Ryan could've played for me. He was never supposed to make it this far to begin with according to the Oracle.
Well Junior, if premature ejaculation is your thing, then who am I to criticize who your NF role models are :shrug:

The Titans also play a lot of heavy formations on offense. Its not like Tennessee is coming out in 4 receiver sets and defenses are loading the box. They are playing 2 TEs much of the time.

you would have an argument if Tannehill were making nothing but easy throws, but that is not what is happening. He is making some of the most difficult throws in the league. This is all backed up by statistics. Expected completion percentage, aggressiveness %, YPA, intended air yards, etc all point to a QB that is slinging it.

Titans knew better than to come out in 4 receiver sets with Tannehill. That's the part Miami couldn't figure out.

Tannehill is doing really well at what they're asking him to do. He can make the throws off heavy play action. It's when the volume increases that he gets in trouble.

Stats are worthless versus the incredibly sharp eyesight and football acumen of the almighty Teddy.

Titans knew better than to come out in 4 receiver sets with Tannehill. That's the part Miami couldn't figure out.

Tannehill is doing really well at what they're asking him to do. He can make the throws off heavy play action. It's when the volume increases that he gets in trouble.

They were built for that style before they signed Tannehill. After Brown and Davis their WRs are trash. He has a passer rating of 108.5 on non-play action passes. That's hardly struggling.

Regarding in Miami, only an idiot would come out in 4 receiver sets with that crap OL. Unfortunately, they hired idiots for coaches.

Last edited:
Back on task people, I have questions:

Given that Adam Gase seems to be some sort of talent black hole, and that Payton Manning endorsed him, how could any team think that hiring Payton Manning as a GM is a good idea?
It would not surprise me that on his deathbed Peyton admits his tongue was firmly in cheek.

They were built for that style before they signed Tannehill. After Brown and Davis their WRs are trash. He has a passer rating of 108.5 on non-play action passes. That's hardly struggling.

Regarding in Miami, only an idiot would come out in 4 receiver sets with that crap OL. Unfortunately, they hired idiots for coaches.

Pretty much this.

There's a way to describe Tannehill that's a less insulting and more accurate way of explaining what he is....unless someone is TRYING to be insulting. That last bit decidedly explains a few posters who will simply cling to the "Derrick Henry made Ryan Tannehill....Tannehill is a system QB" with every fiber of their being.

Tannehill is more than just a system QB. However, there are a couple systems that Tannehill simply won't be very effective in.

Unfortunately, one of those systems is precisely what the Miami Dolphins tried to force him to fit into.

On Tannehill's long TD run against the Lions, he was clocked over 20MPH. Didn't LOOK that fast to me, damn.

Back
Top Bottom