Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

Anyone here watching the Packer's game?

Green Bay has been playing 5 & 6 defensive lineman. One of these football logic folks need to explain what that means to people like me that don’t get it.

Green Bay has been playing 5 & 6 defensive lineman. One of these football logic folks need to explain what that means to people like me that don’t get it.

Some of us have been telling others that any QB worthy of being a starting NFL QB should be great when throwing from a position of strength. Meaning, when the defense is on it’s toes defending the run and biting on play action. And throwing when you want to throw, not when you have to.

When Tannehill has to sling it when the defense is playing from a position of strength — he’s not the QB anybody should want. He’ll look just like he did tonight. And what he’s looked like throughout his career when his team falls behind by multiple scores and/or the run game isn’t dictating tempo.

The Tannehill fanboys seem to never want to come to grips with that reality. It is what is.

RT seems like a really good guy. And he’s certainly a worthwhile NFL QB. He’s just not an elite level, franchise guy. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

If I was a 49ers fan I surely would rather have RT than Jimmy G. I can tell you that.

Some of us have been telling others that any QB worthy of being a starting NFL QB should be great when throwing from a position of strength. Meaning, when the defense is on it’s toes defending the run and biting on play action. And throwing when you want to throw, not when you have to.

When Tannehill has to sling it when the defense is playing from a position of strength — he’s not the QB anybody should want. He’ll look just like he did tonight. And what he’s looked like throughout his career when his team falls behind by multiple scores and/or the run game isn’t dictating tempo.

The Tannehill fanboys seem to never want to come to grips with that reality. It is what is.

RT seems like a really good guy. And he’s certainly a worthwhile NFL QB. He’s just not an elite level, franchise guy. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

If I was a 49ers fan I surely would rather have RT than Jimmy G. I can tell you that.
The focus on running the ball in Tennessee isn't to protect Tannehill, it is to protect the OL. That is what some cannot seem to understand. The pounding the ball and play action passing slows down the pass rush.

I have not seen a single fan of Tannehill, myself included, claim that he is on par with Mahomes or Rodgers. Not sure why people keep throwing up that straw man. Franchise and elite are not synonyms. There are only 2 or 3 elite QBs and 10-15 franchise QBs.

The focus on running the ball in Tennessee isn't to protect Tannehill, it is to protect the OL. That is what some cannot seem to understand. The pounding the ball and play action passing slows down the pass rush.

You‘re just regurgitating what was said on last night’s broadcast. Good, great, wonderful, grand.

Even if it was truth, it still doesn’t change the points that were made about Tannehill.

He‘s great when the rush attack is dictating (so are most!) but not the QB any team wants when it’s not and defenses know the offense has to sling it to win it. He’s not a franchise level QB. Never has been.

That’s what you and many others can’t seem to understand.

No need to be angry and indignant about it. Not every QB can be Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Brady or Watson.

You‘re just regurgitating what was said on last night’s broadcast. Good, great, wonderful, grand.

Even if it was truth, it still doesn’t change the points that were made about Tannehill.

He‘s great when the rush attack is dictating (so are most!) but not the QB any team wants when it’s not and defenses know the offense has to sling it to win it. He’s not a franchise level QB. Never has been.

That’s what you and many others can’t seem to understand.

No need to be angry and indignant about it. Not every QB can be Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Brady or Watson.
Okay sure.... a top 5-7 QB isn't a franchise QB.... BTW, earlier this season, Wilson was struggling badly for several games. Guess what the problem was? Lack of focus on the running game.... It's true, Look it up.

Seemed like a pretty conservative offensive plan from Titans. Run, Run, then force Tannehill to convert 3rd down by pass. The few times they got away from that and used Henry as decoy they had some big plays. I would have given RT17 the chance to pass more on 1st down. They were very predicable and Packers were waiting for it and limited the damage.

This was an unusual game. I don't think TENN was ready at all to play in the snow. Collinsworth mentioned that the receivers look like they weren't running full speed and were too cautious in the snow. You just can't play at anything other than full speed if you're to win in this league.

Not too concerned with this game. But I'd have to question the leadership if it happens in another snow game.

Victory lap for the Dolphins 1st and 2nd round draft picks due to that ridiculous throw by Tannehill to setup the game winning FG.

18 seconds left. I tell my son that Tannehill got the Titans into FG position in 9 seconds on two throws earlier in the season. This one took one throw and 8 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom