View on Miami from a Bills Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Miami from a Bills Fan

NYinBostonFin said:
First a jets fan now a bills fan giving props? Is the world ending?

I to am at a loss for words, But it is a sign of things to come The Dolphins will ROCK in 05.:cooldude:

Help!!! I think I'm lost...

I am sooo confused, could someone redirect me to the Finheaven site...

Got lost on the way, and am mired somewhere in upstate New York...HELP!!!

phillyphinphan said:
Shouldn't take things so seriously, What's the point of being a finfan if you can't give a bills fan a hard time occasionaly *mumbles something incoherently about thurman thomas as he clicks post reply*

:roflmao: that was funny. :D

Allaboutit said:
There may be some growing pains with the new coaches/system, but Miami has one thing that you cannot ignore.....TALENT, and on that talent alone it will probably lead them to at least 7 or 8 wins, and possibly much more(especially if they start to click fairly quickly)

Nice post, and classy also. There is a lot to be hopeful this year, now that Saban is around. It's hard to say how quick we can turn things around, but I have a feeling we may surprise. Especially as you have suggested we get decent play from our QB. As for the rest, I'm not really worried about anything, except maybe at DT. We have to get younger there. Over-all there is a lot for us to be excited about this year, and I can't wait for the season to begin. Good luck this year, and may the best team win!

Steve

ch19079 said:
true, they had some nice additions.
but they also had some losses.

IF ricky actually plays, im not to worried about it. hes not the same player who a few years back got 1800 yards. and brown is a rookie, at most ill say 1200 yards. not bad, but not that great of a run game.

they got some tallent, but will they be able to put it all together in to a winning season? its possible, but IMO, not probable.

You don't know that. For all you know he is twice as good as he once was. None of us know for sure how good or bad Wicky is. Not even pothead Wicky knows for sure.

Allaboutit said:
First off let me say that you guys have done very well in the offseason, Holliday, Carter, Traylor, Jones, Ronnie Brown, Roth, and Crowder.......... 7 Nice additions is a GREAT accomplishment. The question mark that you guys have at QB could be all for not.......... as much as I hope you guys play Feeley and he has another season like last year, the reality is that Gus Frerote will probably be your guy, and Everything is set in place for him to have a big year. Frerote can play, and with the offensive talent surrounding him, he could wind up putting up very big numbers. Now as far as Ricky Williams goes......... If I were you guys I really wouldn't worry about it. Miami is in better shape in this department than we were when we had Travis Henry, And Willis Mcgahee. Brown was the best back, in a very talented draft for RB's, and if Ricky comes back, and pans out, then Great for you guys, and if not, then..........SO WHAT!!!! Ricky is in no way shape or form to be counted on, and there is nothing to really suggest that he will even be any good upon his return, but it really doesn't matter does it, because Brown is almost certain to be a force. As much as I want to I'm having a hard time seeing you guys fail this year. There may be some growing pains with the new coaches/system, but Miami has one thing that you cannot ignore.....TALENT, and on that talent alone it will probably lead them to at least 7 or 8 wins, and possibly much more(especially if they start to click fairly quickly)

Why do people keep sayn that?

He just turned 28 and yoga has kept him in very good shape over the last year! If he can put on another 25lbs of muscle by September he should be the beast that he was when he screwed us!

U dont just forget how to play football!

Just so u know...im a Ricky hater that doesnt want him back!

nice post, thanks.

I don't think this is a done deal by any stretch but we have a lot to be optimistic about. I'd add DT and Safety concerns, with a nod to the o-line as well, but I do like the direction things are moving in.

I think your team comes down to the rookie QB -- you'll get to see what he has and what he's capable of, but he had some nice comparisons to Favre. The rest of the team has talent and ability. I don't know that you'll get Big Ben's success of last year, but you'll get a good idea of what he can do for you in the future.

ohall said:
You don't know that. For all you know he is twice as good as he once was. None of us know for sure how good or bad Wicky is. Not even pothead Wicky knows for sure.

you are right about that.

but that doesnt stop people from thinking he will start and get 1800 yards this season.

and it doesnt stop me from thinking he wont get more than 300 yards this season, IF he even plays.

we will just have to see.

xiidaen said:
nice post, thanks.

I don't think this is a done deal by any stretch but we have a lot to be optimistic about. I'd add DT and Safety concerns, with a nod to the o-line as well, but I do like the direction things are moving in.

I think your team comes down to the rookie QB -- you'll get to see what he has and what he's capable of, but he had some nice comparisons to Favre. The rest of the team has talent and ability. I don't know that you'll get Big Ben's success of last year, but you'll get a good idea of what he can do for you in the future.

:woot: :up:

ch19079 said:
maybe. but IMO we have 1 questionable position.
the fins have more than that. i see improvment. but a 9-7 season...... i dont know about that.

What is your 1 questionable position.. And please tell me who your CB's opposite Clements are.. ?

Allaboutit said:
First off let me say that you guys have done very well in the offseason, Holliday, Carter, Traylor, Jones, Ronnie Brown, Roth, and Crowder.......... 7 Nice additions is a GREAT accomplishment. The question mark that you guys have at QB could be all for not.......... as much as I hope you guys play Feeley and he has another season like last year, the reality is that Gus Frerote will probably be your guy, and Everything is set in place for him to have a big year. Frerote can play, and with the offensive talent surrounding him, he could wind up putting up very big numbers. Now as far as Ricky Williams goes......... If I were you guys I really wouldn't worry about it. Miami is in better shape in this department than we were when we had Travis Henry, And Willis Mcgahee. Brown was the best back, in a very talented draft for RB's, and if Ricky comes back, and pans out, then Great for you guys, and if not, then..........SO WHAT!!!! Ricky is in no way shape or form to be counted on, and there is nothing to really suggest that he will even be any good upon his return, but it really doesn't matter does it, because Brown is almost certain to be a force. As much as I want to I'm having a hard time seeing you guys fail this year. There may be some growing pains with the new coaches/system, but Miami has one thing that you cannot ignore.....TALENT, and on that talent alone it will probably lead them to at least 7 or 8 wins, and possibly much more(especially if they start to click fairly quickly)

I agree with your post almost completely. Odd.

I think our achilles heal may be stopping the run and may ultimately cost us any real shot at being dominant but, I see a team that is going to play hard and strong and who just might catch a few teams thinking this is the same old Dolphins. Combine that with the talent that is here and you're right, there is a good possibility that 9 or 10 wins may be well within reach.

GreenMonster said:
What is your 1 questionable position.. And please tell me who your CB's opposite Clements are.. ?

well its QB. a first year starter at QB is always questionable. (i think he will do just fine, but its still a question.

the other CB is McGee. (went to the probowl for kick returns). this is his 3rd year in the NFL. im not that excited with him as a starting CB, but he made plays last season, stepping in for an injured vincent. the coaches seem to really like this guy. (92 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 INTs, 15 passes defended) im gunna double check that 92 tackles. there is no ****ing way he got that many tackles last season. damn nfl website. :fire:

K. Thomas is the #3 CB. hes decent. i would have liked to sign a FA CB, but hes young, and hasnt made to many mistakes.

J. Greer. this guy is a question mark. as the #4 CB. he played some safety, and cb last season. a backup, not a starter.

EDIT: 71 tackles, 16 assists per http://snap.stats.com/snap/pfw/nfl/playerstats.asp?id=6447&Submit=Go

Back
Top Bottom