View on Miami from a Bills Fan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Miami from a Bills Fan

Questionable starters for the Bills

QB - Rookie
CB - Worse than the Phins top to bottom
TE - Mark Campbell, nuff said
OT- Williams on one side, who on the other..

Mcgee had 22 tackles...

I agree will the Bills fans to a degree. What I would like to note is the margin of loss for most of our games last year. If you note the margin of loss versus the margin of improvement (including other teams' improvement/loss), there is paper justification to Fin Land's positive outlook.

However, I can read just as well as anyone.... I did say "paper". Tigers grow on paper too.

But, the Bills, Jets and Patriots fans should understand another factor in this year's optimism: PRIDE.

This is not an organization who's history is dotted with success on a landscape of mediocrity. This is a proud franchise with a priviledged history of success. Consistent success.

This franchise endured a mental collapse of such magnitude, it cannot be judged as just a "losing" season. That season culminated almost a decade of frustrated winning. A level of success that was not completely embraced by its fans. Instead, it was reflected upon as "frustration". Frustration within success. That should indicate to the fans of other teams how high the bar is set in Fin Land.

This year has been celebrated as a "return" to "greatness". It is a new era. But, there are not many "new" faces in many of the key positions on this team. Madison, Taylor, Thomas, Chambers, McMichael and, to a degree, Williams. Even Boston has something to prove to these fans.

These players have an unfinished agenda. Each were brought into this franchise upon the heels of "promise". They illustrate the hope of a return to greatness. They provide leadership and purpose to those just arriving. And, they have unfinished business.

If you believe this team is merely a marginal improvement upon last year, you do not truly understand what last year meant to this franchise. The fans are eagerly tempered in their expectations, but we are also glowing with pride. We realize the collection of talent we are witnessing is not truly a rebuilding effort. In many aspects, this team is being "polished" while new construction is taking place.

If you truly believe last year was "the truth revealed", you have no idea of the pride about to be displayed.

PHINZ Rule!

GreenMonster said:
Questionable starters for the Bills

QB - Rookie
TE - Mark Campbell, nuff said
OT- Williams on one side, who on the other..

Mcgee had 22 tackles...

im happy with M. Campbell as our TE. he will get ~40 receptions. his surgury went well.

you have more faith in howard than most people.

22 tackles sounds more like it. nfl.com and the other site i listed befor have him at 70+ tackles.. (strange as hell to me). (it says he had 10 tackles vs. the jets last season, in 1 game..:eek: .) http://snap.stats.com/snap/pfw/nfl/playerstats.asp?id=6447&Submit=Go i still dont believe it.

i am consistantly confused about our LOT position. we tried to get shelton, now we dont want him... we will get someone there who will do a decent job. :pray:

Reggie Howard

2002 Carolina Panthers 75tackles 1sack 2ints 6pd
2003 Carolina Panthers 62 0.5 2 8

Howard started for a SuperBowl team and has 2 years as a starter under his belt.. Mcgee has started 2 games in his career and your 3rd and 4th corners have a combined 2 starts in the NFL.. I see CB as a major ? right now for you..

MelbournePhin said:
in all fairness, i think reggie greatly benefitted from carolina's d-line

Good Point, But given the choice between Howard and Edwards I have to go with Howard. I just can't get that Dallas game out of my head Chambers owned him, as a matter of fact he was awful that whole year and then TB lets him go after one year...I don't know I hope somebody steps up to the forefront in TC.....

MelbournePhin said:
in all fairness, i think reggie greatly benefitted from carolina's d-line

I agree from a talent level Howard is no Deion Sanders. But CB is one of the tougher positions to just step into and play well at. Howard has 20+ career starts so he isn't new to the role.. He may have a better year than most think because he was not used to playing in the slot last year and got burnt a few times. I think he will be much more comfortable on the outside, which still leads to the question who covers the slot reciever. That remains to be seen but as of right now I am happy with Howard.

GreenMonster said:
Mcgee had 22 tackles...
Clements is better than Madison.

Your pass D was ranked no. 2 and ours was 3. You lost Surtain we got Vincent back. Although Vincent may not be the cb he once was, he was still a probowler before he got injured.

Allaboutit said:
First off let me say that you guys have done very well in the offseason, Holliday, Carter, Traylor, Jones, Ronnie Brown, Roth, and Crowder.......... 7 Nice additions is a GREAT accomplishment. The question mark that you guys have at QB could be all for not.......... as much as I hope you guys play Feeley and he has another season like last year, the reality is that Gus Frerote will probably be your guy, and Everything is set in place for him to have a big year. Frerote can play, and with the offensive talent surrounding him, he could wind up putting up very big numbers. Now as far as Ricky Williams goes......... If I were you guys I really wouldn't worry about it. Miami is in better shape in this department than we were when we had Travis Henry, And Willis Mcgahee. Brown was the best back, in a very talented draft for RB's, and if Ricky comes back, and pans out, then Great for you guys, and if not, then..........SO WHAT!!!! Ricky is in no way shape or form to be counted on, and there is nothing to really suggest that he will even be any good upon his return, but it really doesn't matter does it, because Brown is almost certain to be a force. As much as I want to I'm having a hard time seeing you guys fail this year. There may be some growing pains with the new coaches/system, but Miami has one thing that you cannot ignore.....TALENT, and on that talent alone it will probably lead them to at least 7 or 8 wins, and possibly much more(especially if they start to click fairly quickly)
Great post! :welcome: to Finheaven man. :rawk:

ch19079 said:
maybe. but IMO we have 1 questionable position.
the fins have more than that. i see improvment. but a 9-7 season...... i dont know about that.

just 1 questionable position....LT...DT...i got 2 and i really did not have to think about it...and QB...that's 3...take your blinders off.

Go Fins!!!

The thing I meant with Ricky Williams is this.......... He has got to be out of Football shape, and to be perfectly honest I never thought he was really that great to begin with, sure he had an outstanding year in 2002, but other than that if you watched him run, in any other season he wasn't that great. I followed him pretty well wehn he first joined the Saints because I wanted to see what Mike Ditka gave up the farm, the ranch, and the condo all for this one player, and I wasn't very impressed. Then he went to Miami, and I was like Ok, maybe he's come into his own FINALLY, but then in 2003 he was back to being your average run of the mill RB.(if he didn't have almost 400 carries, and had an average amount he would have only had around 700 to 800 yards, and just a few TD's. Hell anyone of you guys could probably have gotten over 1,000 yards with that many carries. I'm not really saying he's not a good back, but he did only really have one good season, and that doesn't exactly constitute him being a franchise type player, he still had, and now so more than ever HAS a LOT to prove. Then with this long layoff, I just think it's going to be differicult for him.

Back
Top Bottom