View on Miami from a Bills Fan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Miami from a Bills Fan

Sal Lisitano said:
just 1 questionable position....LT...DT...i got 2 and i really did not have to think about it...and QB...that's 3...take your blinders off.

Go Fins!!!
Edwards had better nos. than Pat Williams when he came in.

Justasportsfan said:
Edwards had better nos. than Pat Williams when he came in.

justa to the rescue... :D

its not always about the nos...Pat was a force for you guys...if you don't see that...you should take your blinders off as well.

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:

its not always about the nos...Pat was a force for you guys...if you don't see that...you should take your blinders off as well.

Go Fins!!!

i think justas blinders are permanent

Allaboutit said:
The thing I meant with Ricky Williams is this.......... He has got to be out of Football shape, and to be perfectly honest I never thought he was really that great to begin with, sure he had an outstanding year in 2002, but other than that if you watched him run, in any other season he wasn't that great. I followed him pretty well wehn he first joined the Saints because I wanted to see what Mike Ditka gave up the farm, the ranch, and the condo all for this one player, and I wasn't very impressed. Then he went to Miami, and I was like Ok, maybe he's come into his own FINALLY, but then in 2003 he was back to being your average run of the mill RB.(if he didn't have almost 400 carries, and had an average amount he would have only had around 700 to 800 yards, and just a few TD's. Hell anyone of you guys could probably have gotten over 1,000 yards with that many carries. I'm not really saying he's not a good back, but he did only really have one good season, and that doesn't exactly constitute him being a franchise type player, he still had, and now so more than ever HAS a LOT to prove. Then with this long layoff, I just think it's going to be differicult for him.

You do have to consider that Ricky was running behind a sub-par line. Ricky was never flashy, he was strength and when he got to Miami strength and speed. When he broke through that first line he was tough to take down, thats what made him special. Will he be the same in a comeback? Well, he cant be worse than Travis Minor or Sammy Morris.

As for your initial post. . .

Wow, I appreciated your honesty, giving props to a rival is not easy to do on a public stage. As great as the Pats were the past few years I'm certainly not going to go to weareSBchamppatriotsfansandyour notsoshoveit.com to spend time telling the fans that. Hell, your more optimistic about the phins than I am at this point. All in all, welcome.

One thing for sure....the AFC East from top to bottom is going to be very very competitive this year.

Sal Lisitano said:

Go Fins!!!
I'm not saying that Pat was not a loss. He was just worth too much $$. Edwards had 4 1/2 sacks while Pat had 1 1/2. Maybe the coaches think he's ready to take Pats place.

MelbournePhin said:
i think justas blinders are permanent
Don't be a hypocrite. Most finfans trust Saban even though he has yet to prove himself (including yourself). All I did was do the same thing. I trust the DC of last years 2nd ranked D knows what he's doing.

Justasportsfan said:
I'm not saying that Pat was not a loss. He was just worth too much $$. Edwards had 4 1/2 sacks. Maybe the coaches think he's ready to take Pats place.

maybe...but here is an example...when the Fins got Jeff Zgonina...he came off a year with the Rams where he had 5+ sacks...(I believe) and I thought...wow...great this guy is going to get to the Qb and be a force...and maybe even beat out Tim Bowens or Larry Chester...once he got on the field...and played for the Fins...I realized that he couldn't compare to those two guys...he got pushed around...couldn't keep O-Lineman off Zach Thomas...basically...he didn't impress me much.

Your run defense will suffer this season IMO.

Go Fins!!!

If I were the Bills I would be much more worried about LT, TE, and CB... Oh ya Losman too..

Sal Lisitano said:
maybe...but here is an example...when the Fins got Jeff Zgonina...he came off a year with the Rams where he had 5+ sacks...(I believe) and I thought...wow...great this guy is going to get to the Qb and be a force...and maybe even beat out Tim Bowens or Larry Chester...once he got on the field...and played for the Fins...I realized that he couldn't compare to those two guys...he got pushed around...couldn't keep O-Lineman off Zach Thomas...basically...he didn't impress me much.

Your run defense will suffer this season IMO.

Go Fins!!!
Doesn't necesarily mean the same thing will happen to Edwards. Unlike Zgonina, he won't have to learn a new D. IMO we'll be better :tongue:

Pat is a good corner, but if that's the only weakness of this team I will take it. every team don't have a dominate passing game.

GreenMonster said:
If I were the Bills I would be much more worried about LT, TE, and CB... Oh ya Losman too..
If I were a finfan I'd be worried about a new HC, LT, QB, CB, safety, Center, rookie rb . :tongue: Like I said our passing D was ranked 3. :rolleyes:

make no mistake... Ricky was unmatched in his prime. Imagine if he played for Denver, KC, St.Louis, or Green Bay... I think he would have easily broke the single season record. There were more complete backs.. but once the ball was in his hands... he was No. 1

Justasportsfan said:
If I were a finfan I'd be worried about a new HC, LT, QB, CB, safety, Center, rookie rb . :tongue: Like I said our passing D was ranked 3. :rolleyes:

you are correct...and not just the LT or C position....the whole O-Line...is sucked last season.

I'm not too worried about the RB position...I like who we have.

We shall see once they get on the field.

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom