Vikings Wholesale | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Wholesale

1-4-damoney-Tua-4-dashow

Active Roster
Reaction score
With the yannick trade weeks after acquiring him and getting pennies on the dollar the Vikings are clear sellers as they try to bottom out and rebuild. Do they have anything we would like to buy with our treasure trove of draft picks?

The one guy that comes to mind is of course Adam Thielen. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable target for Tua anywhere in the league. Downside is he is 30. Upside is he is 30 so a 3rd could get it done so the Vikings can shed his contract and rebuild from the ground up.

I like Harrison Smith as well but prefer to stick with our safeties and draft new guys.

I have no interest in Dalvin Cook though I'm sure others will.

DId they get less compensation for Yann than they traded for him?
Picks from the Ravens are going to be in the 25+ range.

I was thinking they had some good DTs, but looking at their roster? Ehh idk

Didnt realize Thielen was 30 wow

Apparently, they traded him for a third and a conditional fifth.

"The Vikings sent a 2021 second-round pick and a 2022 conditional fifth-rounder to the Jaguars for the then-disgruntled Ngakoue less than two weeks before the start of the season"

^^^That's a loss on their part. The picks they sent to Jags will have alot more value than the 3rd and 5th they got for him.

The Vikings are being responsible here... their season is already over and the upcoming salary cap is going to be very difficult for them. Handicapped by the overpay to Cousins and the commitment to Cook, they are headed for cap Hell.

What an awful contract they gave him. I think they are already on the hook for like $23 million next season? And if he’s there then following season it’s $30+ guaranteed? Something like that I heard.
This was the cheap year and now I think its close to 30 million per over the next two years. They got what was coming to them in the end. Zimmer has done alright but never met expectations. That conservative coaching style comes back to get coaches like him eventually. Then kirk now eating into their cap and nobody will want that deal. They are in for a dark few years

Harrison Smith please god! Ngakoue would have been perfect for this team.
IMO Ngakoue is an undersized 4-3 DE and part of the reason he had a limited market was simply team fit. A 3rd round pick from a team with SB aspirations isn’t really great value for him, but the Vikings took it. On the flip side, it really isn’t much of a risk for the Ravens to take a chance to see how he plays in their scheme for a 3rd. They are looking to win their division; gotta make moves to take down the Steelers (or at least separate themselves from them).

The Vikings are being responsible here... their season is already over and the upcoming salary cap is going to be very difficult for them. Handicapped by the overpay to Cousins and the commitment to Cook, they are headed for cap Hell.
Considering they just acquired the player for a second rounder, I’m not sure I’m giving the Vikes too much credit here.

Back
Top Bottom