Volin: Source says 0 percent chance Sean Smith is brought back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volin: Source says 0 percent chance Sean Smith is brought back

I'm happy about this one. I'm really excited about signing a corner that can actually cover someone this year.

No more 3rd down coverage breakdowns from our "starting corner" for 20 yards :hump:

Oh well. It was sour grapes time once we found out he was talking to the Chiefs.

CB round 1. No question about it. Now only think to ponder is if we move up for Milliner or just take Banks/Trufant at 12.

I think it'll be Xavier Rhodes. Ireland is likely drooling over his size and physicality.

I did kinda like him, but once VD leaked the info about SS talking to KC, you knew it was over.
If not KC, he will be heading elsewhere.
I hope Ireland can fill all the holes we have...I only have one last year of hope left for him...

Im not really happy with this because it means we will have to pick up a corner in FA and in the draft (probably our 1st). yes he is soft. yes I want him gone eventually, but I want him gone when we have someone better than him to replace him.

Im not really happy with this because it means we will have to pick up a corner in FA and in the draft (probably our 1st). yes he is soft. yes I want him gone eventually, but I want him gone when we have someone better than him to replace him.
This is really one of the worst excuses for keeping crap players, but it sure gets a lot of play around here. "It will create a hole!!1!" Sean Smith was a hole.

This is really one of the worst excuses for keeping crap players, but it sure gets a lot of play around here. "It will create a hole!!1!" Sean Smith was a hole.

This^^ :lol2:

To develop a player he needs to have the right tlaent. Philbin has said developing talent is a priority but not everyone fits his sytem and not everbody can be developed.

What we are doing is going back to a Parcells type blue print system which limits the talent pool you can draft based on criteria of the palyers plus the talent. I keep gong back to the statment about Shula he could beat you team with his team or beat his team with your team. The guy knew how to coach anytime of talent. I am disappointed in seeing this same path again. Oh well

remember that incredible interception he made in that preseason game?
(I think it was his rookie season)

that was the only thing that guy did that impressed me. that's just sad.

This is smelling like a case where Phibin does not believe in coarching up that talent he has but feels like he has to find the talent that fits his coaching style. I would rather have a coach that can develop talent than have to draft his own talent. Well basically our secondary has under performed for the most part even though last year I smelled some improvement in some areas. Guys this bit of having to remake a team everytime we get a new coach is killing us talent wise. Our 2 biggest holes were wide recieved and CB last year and we traded away that talent we already had on the team. Like I said no good. Look at it this way if Philbin cannot turn it around quick enough then there is a good chance we are doing this again regardless of the GM it makes things very difficult. I like how Philbin proved me wrong last year and realy hopes he keeps up the good work. Not being a insiider I do no know but just maybe that is why Ireland may have preferrred a McCoy over a Philbin as he smelled a complete remake of the team which means statting over. We shall see.
He's likely to leave because he wants to be paid as a top class CB. Philbin hasn't kicked him out. Ireland has evaluated the situation and is not prepared to pay the $11 or 12Mpa that he is demanding.

Pretty much. What really gets me about Smith is that he just doesn't seem to care when a runner has the ball. It's like, once he no longer has to cover a receiver, he just doesn't give a ****. He rarely shows effort to get off blocks and make tackles, and there was definitely at least one fumble this season that Miami didn't recover because Sean Smith wasn't even paying attention and didn't realize that the ball was bouncing on open turf two damn yards in front of him.

Have you seen him tackle? He is more of a GASH then a HOLE!

If the OP is based on Volins interview this A.M. on the Joe Rose Show, I don't think Volin was citing a source within the Dolphins saying Sean Smith won't be back. He was citing somebody else in the media who thought that. Volin also expressed his personal opinion that it's still possible Smith returns to the Fins AFTER testing the market first.

If the OP is based on Volins interview this A.M. on the Joe Rose Show, I don't think Volin was citing a source within the Dolphins saying Sean Smith won't be back. He was citing somebody else in the media who thought that. Volin also expressed his personal opinion that it's still possible Smith returns to the Fins AFTER testing the market first.

He also mocked the Dolphin fans a bit stating how we r too close to the situation and ALOT of teams are interested in him because of his upside and his ability to play press/man and how if we lose Sean Smith Jeff Ireland better have a plan in place.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom