Volin: Source says 0 percent chance Sean Smith is brought back | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volin: Source says 0 percent chance Sean Smith is brought back

Tell that to the Falcons

They go to conf. championship games while we flounder around at 7-9 or 6-10. I would be more than happy to have a season like what the Falcons have had the last 5 years.

to inconsistent for me smith was good in the first half of the season but was awful in the second half he gets beat to much for me a good combination of size and strength he shows us flashes of brilliance (arizona)game where he played like a monster to a bunch of mediocre games for some reason can't put it together i could rember to DB's we had in sam madison and patrick surtain those guys bring it every sunday you have to be consistent.

They go to conf. championship games while we flounder around at 7-9 or 6-10. I would be more than happy to have a season like what the Falcons have had the last 5 years.

It's what happens when the brain dead Parcells ****s up the number 1 overall pick...Set us back 5-7 years...

/sigh

Time to cut bait. So long Sean, you and your mouth won't be missed.

Why sign Smith when you can replicate his production with a FA CB that costs 1/2 the price?

Wonder if the Dolphins should just say "**** it" and go with Keenan Lewis. Go from one guy who doesn't intercept the ball enough to another guy who doesn't intercept it at all.

the good ole Steeler CB, pretty good in coverage but can't intercept worth crap (Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen are in that category, and back in the day you had Deshea Townsend who was like that as well)

As for Smith, guy had a lot of potential, but didn't reach a high enough level to really justify overpaying him. If he actually got interceptions maybe. He got lucky a lot last season with overthrows. He did improve under Coyle, but not as much as you hoped. Combine that with Nolan Carrol looking solid outside of the first Buffalo game, and guys like Patterson and McCann not getting burnt late in the season.

Though I think now you see us looking much closer at Desmond Trufant and Xavier Rhodes.

Thank God. Any good Ireland could do this offseason would be negated by giving this guy big money. Cant make pic even on a throw between his numbers. Hell youd think he'd pick a couple by accident. He allows a great completion percentage his way and offers little in run support. I think when he gets paid it'll get even worse. He doesnt strike me as a hard worker...more of a self promoter.

Back
Top Bottom