Waddle on the cusp of 1,000 yard rookie season | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle on the cusp of 1,000 yard rookie season

Waddle is really good when you compare him to basically any WR we’ve had in the last 5yrs. He’s no Jamarr Chase though.

You can tell the majority of the people on here only watch the dolphins.
Jamar is no waddle or fast and versatile like him. I'm quite sure Waddle would be putting up huge numbers with bengals with deep passes launched to him from Burrow. And Chase would be getting huge yard with the dink and dunk passes to him so dbs can tackle him the minute he catches the ball of course. Plus only wrs miami has are injured. Bengals have other good wrs too.

Good slot receiver, if we had a number and a solid on-line it would have been a good pick. Unfortunately, if Waddle was on pace to get 4k yards it is not going to win a Superbowl.
He's too fast to be just a slot Wr. Jarvis Landry was a good slot wr. Very quick but not a burner. Waddle is a burner. Wasting Waddles skill set with just using him as a slot WR and not deep routes to utilize his speed

agreed.

I still don't view their production as being similar. Guys like Landry only get table scraps when guys like Waddle are full.

I liked Landry a lot but more so for his intagibles, I was definitely in favor of trading him given the salary demands.

Regardless, I almost NEVER on board with drafting WR's high. I don't think they make enough of a difference to matter enough to use a 1st round pick on. Let alone what we gave up to get Waddle. No question in my mind I didn't want to do it then and really wish we hadn't now. However, I am not going to hold that against Waddle. I'd much rather have him than not have him. I am concerned about his long term health though, he's going to have us holding our breathe a lot (and has already on multiple occasions this year).

Find me healthy, solid FA WR's and I can do wonders with them if I have an accurate QB, which we do.

Fans want WR's (And ****ty GM's who don't know what they are doing).

QB's want an OL and a running game.
Waddle isn't the problem as far as healthy wide receivers go. When he has gotten hurt he has actually came back into the game. Vs our other wide receivers that have injuries and never play or are in one game and out the next.

Waddle isn't the problem as far as healthy wide receivers go. When he has gotten hurt he has actuallcame back into the game. Vs our other wide receivers that have injuries and never play or are in one game and out the next.

Yes when you compare him to the value of our other WRs no question he’s on another level.

However, no question he wasn’t (or Pitts/Chase) worth the investment vs. what you could’ve had with two high firsts. History proves the big investment in the the WR doesn’t lead to playoff success. It’s especially worse when bad teams draft WRs early.

I certainly don’t value the WR position as a whole, especially with a talented passer at the helm. Which for the record, I believe we have in Tua.

QBs want/need time to throw much more than they need a freak athlete at WR.

If we drafted rashawn slater instead, Tua would still be healthy, and he’d have better stats overall. Don’t know if that means more victories, but at least he’d be more likely to be healthy than not. I’d choose a healthy qb over a luxury WR any day.

1000 yard season is a participation award these days.
When it was a 14 game season, it meant more.

Albert Wilson just showed its possible to get YAC yards even in the Dolphins offense. Waddle has had over 50 catches and hasn't made a move like that all year.

Back
Top Bottom