Wake willing to restructure to stay in Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake willing to restructure to stay in Miami

Cam is a true team player.

Here's hoping Aponte and Tannenbaum don't insult him with a ****ty low-ball offer.

Agree. Resign Shelby & Wake and let OV walk. That would make the DE rotation... Coples, Moore, Shelby, Fede, & Wake (situational).

Keeping Coples instead of a OV would not be a smart move.

I'm guessing we don't see the same comment from Miko.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make it happen. A great, great Miami Dolphins player. Treat him with respect in the re-do.

If he is publicly saying he is willing to re-structure, why wouldn't we work with him to see if we can work it out. If we could have a deal that makes sense for both sides, would love to have him back.

I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread.....yes Wake is a hard worker and has been a good player but you can't pay him 9 mill a year to be a 34 year old part time player that keeps on getting hurt....he's the glue to what? A defense that lets us down time and again....do you guys think Bill Belicheat would care? He rather get rid of players a year too early instead of a year too late....you start getting emotional and attach to players and soon you're sitting in the stands next to the fans.

Ozzy rules

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

If he is publicly saying he is willing to re-structure, why wouldn't we work with him to see if we can work it out. If we could have a deal that makes sense for both sides, would love to have him back.

Again, restructuring doesn't mean he's willing to take a pay cut.

Ozzy rules

Restructure Wake to a situational pass rusher/back up contract, resign OV and Shelby to starter pay and restructure Coples contract to back up pay. If OV asks for too much then franchise tag'em and worry about it next offseason. You can't lose him or Miller.

Again, restructuring doesn't mean he's willing to take a pay cut.

Ozzy rules

Dude....relax. What does my post say? "If we can work a deal that works for both sides". Chill out......

Wake has been a great Dolphin and is a stud when healthy. If we can work out a good deal with him (for both sides) why wouldn't we.

someone is willing to take less money to play for the dolphins??? am I in the twilight zone or something

Well...even as a situaltional player...due to his ability and the position and what we have seen guys like him (older pass rushers) get....it is still going to be a fair amount.

If we were a contending team, one the could take advantage of his ability to close out games in a playoff run I would say hell yes, but we are no where near that level of team and letting a guy like him walk or move him for something makes good sense if you are attempting to build your franchise.

2 years...3 mil fully guaranteed (earned it) in the first year...5 mil player and team options to get out. He plays bad, team opts out...he comes back and gets15 sacks, he opts out for a 1-yr deal. Both sides win.

Wake can still be effective as a situational pass rusher. If they can get a deal done that doesn't hurt the cap too much then get it done. Wake is a team player that never causes any issues off the field either. Would be nice to see him retire as a Dolphin.

Back
Top Bottom