Walker Update !! Please Read! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walker Update !! Please Read!

Still think Camarillo would be a better option at 4. Remeber, you dont ask much of your 4th reciever, just catch the ball, which is something Hagan doesnt do well at all

OK, we got it. You don't like Hagan.
I still think he has some upside. It's very difficult to judge young players when they have been subject to poor/constantly changing coaching staffs.
Let's see how he does this season before deciding he's a waste of a pick.

I remember him verbally sparring with Favre a few years back
Was that during a game?

I remember he and Favre not being too happy with one another because Walker was holding out for a big contract after his best year in Green Bay. If I recall correctly, Favre publicly pretty much said Walker should just come back to training camp, play football and stop complaining. I don't really think it's Favre's place to tell other members of staff within the organisation he's an employee of what to do regarding their salary.

This probably isn't the instance you were referring to but what I'm trying to say (And have gone on far too much in doing so) is that I get the feeling Favre might be a bit of a big headed dictator in Green Bay (Which probably works to his and the team's advantage sometimes) and not necessarily that easy a player to get along with all the time. Disagreements with him might not necessarily be the fault of the other player. I'm sure they are sometimes but not always. I mean, it could have been Walker being a complete tool but it also could have been Favre's fault.

Something which would worry me about Walker however (And this is linked to his character) is how he's become unhappy and 'wanted out' of both NFL teams he's been in so far. Even if his rickety knee holds up and he's productive for a while, is he going to have that "voice which keeps on calling me, down the road I'll always be" telling him he's not happy and to move on? Maybe he has been short changed in contracts and treated badly by both teams, I guess. Perhaps he would find things work out for him in Miami but his history creates concern.

Gawd. Why did I write so much when I could have said it in about two words?

OK, we got it. You don't like Hagan.
I still think he has some upside. It's very difficult to judge young players when they have been subject to poor/constantly changing coaching staffs.
Let's see how he does this season before deciding he's a waste of a pick.

See, thats the whole thing. Its not the coaches, philosophies, or schemes or QB that are his problem because he gets decent separation and runs good routes. The changes in those aspects have nothing to do with why he is so bad. Its his hands, which are 100% Derek Hagans fault. He runs a good route, gets open, the QB gets him the ball, then he drops it, and especially on third down. Maybe he has upside, I wish he would get his head in the game because we could def use him, but his hands havent gotten any better than when he was drafted so why should we be so happy to have him.

Was that during a game?

I remember he and Favre not being too happy with one another because Walker was holding out for a big contract after his best year in Green Bay. If I recall correctly, Favre publicly pretty much said Walker should just come back to training camp, play football and stop complaining. I don't really think it's Favre's place to tell other members of staff within the organisation he's an employee of what to do regarding their salary.

This probably isn't the instance you were referring to but what I'm trying to say (And have gone on far too much in doing so) is that I get the feeling Favre might be a bit of a big headed dictator in Green Bay (Which probably works to his and the team's advantage sometimes) and not necessarily that easy a player to get along with all the time. Disagreements with him might not necessarily be the fault of the other player. I'm sure they are sometimes but not always. I mean, it could have been Walker being a complete tool but it also could have been Favre's fault.

Something which would worry me about Walker however (And this is linked to his character) is how he's become unhappy and 'wanted out' of both NFL teams he's been in so far. Even if his rickety knee holds up and he's productive for a while, is he going to have that "voice which keeps on calling me, down the road I'll always be" telling him he's not happy and to move on? Maybe he has been short changed in contracts and treated badly by both teams, I guess. Perhaps he would find things work out for him in Miami but his history creates concern.

Gawd. Why did I write so much when I could have said it in about two words?

He did try to hold out then since Farve blasted him he came back to and that is when he blew out his knee.

Walker would be an upgrade over every WR we currently have on the roster. He would be a nice compliment to Ginn.

See, thats the whole thing. Its not the coaches, philosophies, or schemes or QB that are his problem because he gets decent separation and runs good routes. The changes in those aspects have nothing to do with why he is so bad. Its his hands, which are 100% Derek Hagans fault. He runs a good route, gets open, the QB gets him the ball, then he drops it, and especially on third down. Maybe he has upside, I wish he would get his head in the game because we could def use him, but his hands havent gotten any better than when he was drafted so why should we be so happy to have him.

Im with you man. In fact I will go ahead and lay it out there the way it should be...

Hagan blows and should be off the team whether we sign Walker or not. Another FA pick up or draft selection at WR and I see Hagan having a hard time making the final roster.

Sorry, but this report was clearly inaccurate. This would be on the wire already, if Walker was indeed visiting today.

Quoting "NFLN" is such an easy ploy, but for the future, most big stories on there end up on NFL.com and subsequently on rotoworld very quickly.

he would still have to pass a physical and if he does great!

I am not concerned with walker knee i have a concern about his mental health..It was just a year ago his team mate and friend died in his arms(Darrent Williams)...I saw a interview with him on the subject and he still looks like he is affected by the event..He still have the blood stain clothes from the incident.. I find that kind of strange..he didn't even wash them...I really don't think he is ready for football yet.

he still has the blood stained close from the incident? what a freakin weirdo! haha.. i still want him!

I have not seen nor heard any such rumor anywhere. But if the Dolphins sign Walker they must feel his knee is healthy enough. Remember what Parcell's said during his press conference, and he
does not want any player who seems to be injury prone.

Back
Top Bottom