Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

Wallace signed for #1 WR money. He needs to contribute more on a more consistent basis. Arguing against that is stupid.

The idea that the lack of chemistry between Tannehill and Wallace may be more a problem with Wallace is not a stretch at all.

What's stupid is expecting a tiger to change its stripes. And bitching about the money, is tiresome. Put that on Ireland for listening to this fanbase .

Wallace signed for #1 WR money. He needs to contribute more on a more consistent basis. Arguing against that is stupid.

The idea that the lack of chemistry between Tannehill and Wallace may be more a problem with Wallace is not a stretch at all.

Lack of chemistry happens. So is the lack of certain throws that certain qbs make and others don't. Pitt thought enough of Wallace to offer him 50mil. His former franchise thought enough of him, to offer more than they did to their current #1wr, for a so called one trick pony. Go to YouTube and watch his Pitt highlights, and tell me what's changed in his game.

System and qb changed. Ireland, aponte and Ross gave him his paycheck. Your beef is with them.

My problem with Marshall was his yelling at the qb on the sideline. With a new coach a and young raw qb...too risky.I guess the reason I have no problems with Wallace, is I understood what he was when signed. Jennings was the perfect system wr fa. Wallace was the big play, sparks flying deep threat fans wanted. Once here they expect him to change his stripes. Funny **** really. Wallace is a body catcher...always has been. But someone with knowledge had to start a thread confirming this. Really? Is this news? This fan base is schizo.
I agree

The same reason certain qbs have problems with their delivery. They have been doing it so long, it is second nature. Like writing with your strong hand, then being asked to write a paper with your off hand. You will eventually revert back to your tendencies, because it feels natural. Why you and others expect different is amazing.

Ya, so amazing that somebody expects a player to actually improve, especially when that player has said time and again he's working at it. In is case maybe there's no hope, because like you say he keeps popping into the old habits. It's not like he came out and said, "I catch how I catch, it's what I do," it's obviously a point of emphasis and he's said over and over he's trying to improve. If he's going to keep not using his hands, why spend so much time on the machine?

My problem with Marshall was his yelling at the qb on the sideline. With a new coach a and young raw qb...too risky.

Based on the QB's he was yelling at, it's pretty easy to see he was right. Marshall was trying to teach Chad Henne how to play in this football league when you have exceptional talent at WR. Henne never once threw the ball up and let Marshall go get it. Jay Cutler just got signed to a massive extension because he knows how to do this. Josh McCown just got signed as a starting QB pretty much for the first time in his career after being out of the league because he knows how to do this.

Wallace is a frustrating player for sure but I will wait for the 1st few games in the regular season before I give up on him

Dolphin Homers love giving up on playmakers. He is the only WR we have who can stretch the field, yeah let's give up on him and the playoffs too...Right on Dude.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Wallace is just an average receiver with great speed.

It's too bad we will never learn how to use his speed. Or let alone connect on a deep ball to him...

Lack of chemistry happens. So is the lack of certain throws that certain qbs make and others don't. Pitt thought enough of Wallace to offer him 50mil. His former franchise thought enough of him, to offer more than they did to their current #1wr, for a so called one trick pony. Go to YouTube and watch his Pitt highlights, and tell me what's changed in his game.

System and qb changed. Ireland, aponte and Ross gave him his paycheck. Your beef is with them.

QB didn't change in 2012, something you seem to keep forgetting.

I expect every player to earn their paycheck or work their asses off trying. If they don't, they should be gone. Is that really too much to ask? A professional WR shouldn't be expected to improve their craft?

How about we change it around, hypothetically. Lay off Tannehill on the deep throws, that's not what he does. Everyone cool with that?

I expect every player to earn their paycheck or work their asses off trying. If they don't, they should be gone. Is that really too much to ask? A professional WR shouldn't be expected to improve their craft?

How about we change it around, hypothetically. Lay off Tannehill on the deep throws, that's not what he does. Everyone cool with that?

Well Wallace improved to be a Pro Bowl level WR.

And I haven't bashed RT. Like you people bash Wallace. My argument is, Wallace is who he is. From college til now, the guy has done enough on the professional level to be elite.
RT is a great short intermediate throwing QB. I did not bash him for last year. I'm not WV. But I do understand, he is nothing like Big Ben. And the scheme is nothing like 2011 Pitt. You people expecting 2011, without acknowledging the circumstances that are keeping that from happening. Its insane. Sherman and his scheme was something that cavemen drawing up plays in the dirt, would produce. Which leads me to my final point....Sherman was a terrible HC at TAM and had no reason being in Miami. Which also lead me to think and say RT was over drafted at 8.

I have stood by and took RT development in stride. But then again, I understood who RT was before being drafted. Tannehill is who he is. Is that enough to get a pro bowl nod in today's NFL? Unlike Wallace, the jury is still out.

Well Wallace improved to be a Pro Bowl level WR.

And I haven't bashed RT. Like you people bash Wallace. My argument is, Wallace is who he is. From college til now, the guy has done enough on the professional level to be elite.

This is where we disagree. Perhaps we have a different opinion on what it means to be elite.

RT is a great short intermediate throwing QB. I did not bash him for last year. I'm not WV. But I do understand, he is nothing like Big Ben. And the scheme is nothing like 2011 Pitt. You people expecting 2011, without acknowledging the circumstances that are keeping that from happening. Its insane. Sherman and his scheme was something that cavemen drawing up plays in the dirt, would produce. Which leads me to my final point....Sherman was a terrible HC at TAM and had no reason being in Miami. Which also lead me to think and say RT was over drafted at 8.

I have stood by and took RT development in stride. But then again, I understood who RT was before being drafted. Tannehill is who he is. Is that enough to get a pro bowl nod in today's NFL? Unlike Wallace, the jury is still out.

Apparently the jury has returned to their deliberations on Wallace (no pro bowl's recently).

Scheme, OC and offensive philosophy did. Something you seem to forget.

I'm not the one making the "QB AND scheme change" excuse for Wallace's performance. Elite WRs can play in multiple schemes. One trick ponies can't. Perhaps "one trick pony" is a little restrictive. Wallace is a limited WR who is effective only when given the ball in space on simple routes. He isn't an elite catcher of the ball. He isn't an elite route runner. He doesn't fight for the ball. In short, he isn't a true #1 WR.

IMO, that is why he hasn't been particularly effective since 2011. He needs the space created by a great running game to be able to run simple routes into open space to be effective. I'm sorry but that does not describe an elite WR. If he were performing at an elite level people wouldn't have an issue with the salary.

[...] Sherman and his scheme was something that cavemen drawing up plays in the dirt, would produce. Which leads me to my final point....Sherman was a terrible HC at TAM and had no reason being in Miami. Which also lead me to think and say RT was over drafted at 8. [...]
A 2nd year QB who had a terrible head coach in college, a terrible offensive coordinator in the pros, the worst offensive line in the league, no run game, throws the franchise's most TD passes in a season in 20 years, makes a body catcher a 1000 yard receiver not once but two times in a row and yet that QB is overdrafted at 8? Not buying that. I truly believe (and hope) that when all is said and done, Ryan Tannehill will have more Super Bowl rings than Andrew Luck and Matt Ryan combined. There I said it.

I'm not the one making the "QB AND scheme change" excuse for Wallace's performance. Elite WRs can play in multiple schemes. One trick ponies can't. Perhaps "one trick pony" is a little restrictive. Wallace is a limited WR who is effective only when given the ball in space on simple routes. He isn't an elite catcher of the ball. He isn't an elite route runner. He doesn't fight for the ball. In short, he isn't a true #1 WR.

IMO, that is why he hasn't been particularly effective since 2011. He needs the space created by a great running game to be able to run simple routes into open space to be effective. I'm sorry but that does not describe an elite WR. If he were performing at an elite level people wouldn't have an issue with the salary.

How have Larry Fitzgerald's numbers looked in recent seasons? He must blow balls! He's nothing without Kurt Warner!

This is where we disagree. Perhaps we have a different opinion on what it means to be elite.

Apparently the jury has returned to their deliberations on Wallace (no pro bowl's recently) .

Defenses who scheme him, think differently. Watching 3 men cover him, allowing Clay to be wide open is something only a few players in this league command against NFL defenses.

When RT makes a pro bowl, then I hope you hold the same standard.

Back
Top Bottom