Wanny told assistants Feeley is a loose cannon and a bad influence. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny told assistants Feeley is a loose cannon and a bad influence.

You know that in the last three years this team has had a winning record with Jay running the O.
This year with Jay running the O we are 1-8 this should tell you something.
TheOL is the worst in the NFL Payton Manning would suck behind these five guys, never mind all the other factors ie. new receivers and RBs.
New OC without experience add to it lack of discipline in practice and you have your answer.
AJ has shown potential throwing the ball I believe he's better than Jay but I never thught much of Jay.
It makes AJ the best tasting ****, but if AJ had played from the start, with the support of the coach, I wonder where would he be in his development?
You have to admit by now we would know if we had a QB.
When you look at other QBs we could have had none of them would have done any better.
AJ maybe good but with this O we may never really know.
With the right O this 3rd stringer went 4-1 nobody can dispute that.

Shamboubou said:
...You have a problem with people saying that he sucks without having reason to say that, I have a problem with people claiming he is the future and have no reason to say that...

Exactly. The one irrefutable fact is that no one "knows" about Feeley - EITHER WAY - because no one has seen enough of the guy. So those that claim to "know" anything for a fact about this guy's ability are just projecting their opinions as fact.

NaboCane said:
Exactly. The one irrefutable fact is that no one "knows" about Feeley - EITHER WAY - because no one has seen enough of the guy. So those that claim to "know" anything for a fact about this guy's ability are just projecting their opinions as fact.

Exactly! No one knows, and I think the fear of the unknown is at work here.

It is going to be interesting to see how Feeley works in the offense now that the offensive guys will be able to call the game the way they see fit. Will the split among the offensive staff continue, or will they get on the same page under Bates's leadership? It could go a long way in determining if Bates is considered for the job full time.

I really believe many will be pleasantly surprised with Feeley if the offensive staff can put together a game plan that takes advantage of Feeley's ability to get rid of the ball quickly and go through his progressions.

KBIS that's my feeling that without Wanny the O will focus on what the talent can do.
Yesterday watching the Jets Ravens game a comment was made about the Ravens O.
When you run the ball as the theme of your O you end up with third and 6 or 5 or 7.
A young QB like Boller had a hard time thru the game because of having to deal with third and long every time.
This is the case with the FINS.

After seeing Wanny's judgement in qb's through his career, if he does not like Feely, maybe the kid will be alright...............

Shamboubou said:
I'm not going to say that I think Feeley is going to be good. You have a problem with people saying that he sucks without having reason to say that, I have a problem with people claiming he is the future and have no reason to say that. The day Feeley cam in the game against Arizona about every thread you seen started was Feeley is the future, this kid can play, and blah blah blah. Well he had one ok half, they fail to remember all the balls batted down at the line, I dont think I've seen Jay get that many batted down this year so you cant blame that on the line.

I have already judged Feeley by his games, and I can see that I am somewhat wrong by doing that because he hasnt got the best chances, but at the same time I see more pointing towards he's not going to be good than I do that he is going to be good. So, I'm not sold on Feeley but these next games I'm going to wait until I say that he sucks again.
Getting balls batted down comes from not playing and will go away with experience. did you see the pretty pass to booker down the sideline? Booker did not have to stop and wait for the ball, feeley hit him in stride more than 30 yards down the field. Something Feidler rearly did. and the laser slant to booker was nice. based on the throws I've seen him make when he has time, I think Feeley could be a good QB. But right now when he is pressured he makes bad decisions. but I attribute this to lack of playing time. I agree, the jury is still out but I think he can play..

Phantom said:
After seeing Wanny's judgement in qb's through his career, if he does not like Feely, maybe the kid will be alright...............
Exactly!

A post in this thread talks about some of the throws A.J. makes. That one down the right sideline to Booker against the Cardinals was mint. Jay Fiedler attempts that throw and it is either out of bounds or hangs in the air so long it gets picked by the safety. That slant he threw was sweet too....right in stride so the reciever can actually make a play AFTER the catch.

When he has some time he can make the throws. I think he throws a pretty pass and when he has time he hits recievers in stride...something Fiedler has never been able to do.

Yes, he makes some boneheaded decisions but, that is part of the learning process.

I want to know how many people don't want Feeley to succeed over the last 7 games. Think about how much the offseason opens up if he looks good the last 2 months....

unifiedtheory said:
Exactly!

A post in this thread talks about some of the throws A.J. makes. That one down the right sideline to Booker against the Cardinals was mint. Jay Fiedler attempts that throw and it is either out of bounds or hangs in the air so long it gets picked by the safety. That slant he threw was sweet too....right in stride so the reciever can actually make a play AFTER the catch.

When he has some time he can make the throws. I think he throws a pretty pass and when he has time he hits recievers in stride...something Fiedler has never been able to do.

Yes, he makes some boneheaded decisions but, that is part of the learning process.

I want to know how many people don't want Feeley to succeed over the last 7 games. Think about how much the offseason opens up if he looks good the last 2 months....
My sentiments exactly

Umm... Yeah. AJ does suck. Or at least he will in this offense, because this offense isn't an offense, and that isn't going to change this year. So is he in a bad position? Yep. Could that be the reason why he sucks? Yep. But will the end result still be that he sucks? Yep.

And, as this thread was hijacked by Pats and Bills discussions about Bledsoe and how NE got funding for a stadium, yada yada yada, you're all missing a key component of a very good article:

That we now know that Arturo Freeman was LIED to by Wannstedt TWO years in a row.

Anybody remember the KEY component of why Wannstedts teams went 4-12 in Chicago? Anybody remember what players said about Wannstedt after he was kicked to the curb?

That some players LOVED him, those who had their jobs protected regardless of their performance.

Other players HATED him because he continually LIED to them.

He was two faced, couldn't ever handle the subtle "coachspeak" that convinces people of one thing but doesn't actually SAY IT, so there's no LIE involved.

No, Wannstedt isn't nuanced enough to handle that, nor intelligent. So all he's left with are flat out lies and contradictions.

I'll bet it happened to more than just Freeman, too. Freeman is simply the only one we know about.

That's the important part. Not about Feeley's comments about not liking/believing Wannstedts system or routine. Feeley wasn't going to play anyway because he wasn't part of the CLUB that Wannstedt felt comfortable with.

Now he's got less than half a season audition, the system hasn't and can't change dramatically, and he's got a piss poor chance of showing enough promise to prevent any intelligent GM from drafting a Franchise QB if one happens to declare.

RancidLunchmeat said:
Umm... Yeah. AJ does suck. Or at least he will in this offense, because this offense isn't an offense, and that isn't going to change this year. So is he in a bad position? Yep. Could that be the reason why he sucks? Yep. But will the end result still be that he sucks? Yep.

We will see, you have no crystal ball.

As to everything else you said, preach on to the choir.

A promising thread title ruined........ :shakeno:

All I have to say about this topic is that I look forward to watching a Miami Dolphins game again. I'm tired of sleeping on Sundays.

Going back to the name of the thread... Im gald feeley is a bit of a loose cannon. we need a guy with real fire back there.. i hope he starts playing well and starts bitching guys out for dropping the ball.
Way to many dropped balls.

I have no trust in Wannys' judgement of who is or isn't a good QB. Jay Fielder is ALL the proof I need of that.

Unless Wanny never wanted more than average to below-average at the QB spot? :confused: Yeah, that must be it.

I'd love to see Feeley do well, and win at least 4-5 of the remaining games. I'll be surprised if he does though, given the poor state of the OL. Even if we only win 2-3 more games, as long as Feeley is making clear progress and we are in most every game?

It would be good to trade down that first rounder and pick up a LT and DT instead of needing a rookie QB. A month from now, we will have a much better idea about all this.

Back
Top Bottom