Wanny told assistants Feeley is a loose cannon and a bad influence. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny told assistants Feeley is a loose cannon and a bad influence.

RancidLunchmeat said:
Umm... Yeah. AJ does suck. Or at least he will in this offense, because this offense isn't an offense, and that isn't going to change this year. So is he in a bad position? Yep. Could that be the reason why he sucks? Yep. But will the end result still be that he sucks? Yep.

And, as this thread was hijacked by Pats and Bills discussions about Bledsoe and how NE got funding for a stadium, yada yada yada, you're all missing a key component of a very good article:

That we now know that Arturo Freeman was LIED to by Wannstedt TWO years in a row.

Anybody remember the KEY component of why Wannstedts teams went 4-12 in Chicago? Anybody remember what players said about Wannstedt after he was kicked to the curb?

That some players LOVED him, those who had their jobs protected regardless of their performance.

Other players HATED him because he continually LIED to them.

He was two faced, couldn't ever handle the subtle "coachspeak" that convinces people of one thing but doesn't actually SAY IT, so there's no LIE involved.

No, Wannstedt isn't nuanced enough to handle that, nor intelligent. So all he's left with are flat out lies and contradictions.

I'll bet it happened to more than just Freeman, too. Freeman is simply the only one we know about.

That's the important part. Not about Feeley's comments about not liking/believing Wannstedts system or routine. Feeley wasn't going to play anyway because he wasn't part of the CLUB that Wannstedt felt comfortable with.

Now he's got less than half a season audition, the system hasn't and can't change dramatically, and he's got a piss poor chance of showing enough promise to prevent any intelligent GM from drafting a Franchise QB if one happens to declare.
I think that there can be enough change implemented in the play calling, which was limited by Wannstedt's non aggressive nature, to effectively change the whole face of the offense.

The offensive scheme doesn't have to be changed in order to call more passing plays on first and second downs.

That being the case, I do expect that Bates will turn the reigns of the offense over to the Foerster and with Bates' gung ho personality, I can't see him putting the brakes on the offense like Wanny did. As a matter of fact, I think with Foerster leaning on Trestman and Sullivan, I almost expect to see a lot more passing.

We should get a good idea of Feeley's talents, between now and the end of the season, if that's the case.

inFINSible said:
I think that there can be enough change implemented in the play calling, which was limited by Wannstedt's non aggressive nature, to effectively change the whole face of the offense.

The offensive scheme doesn't have to be changed in order to call more passing plays on first and second downs.

That being the case, I do expect that Bates will turn the reigns of the offense over to the Foerster and with Bates' gung ho personality, I can't see him putting the brakes on the offense like Wanny did. As a matter of fact, I think with Foerster leaning on Trestman and Sullivan, I almost expect to see a lot more passing.

We should get a good idea of Feeley's talents, between now and the end of the season, if that's the case.

If Foerster starts going with what he knows, you will start seeing more stretch plays to give the tailback an opportunity to go wide or cut back, and you will see more two tight end sets with the play action pass. I think we will not be as hesitant to throw the ball down the field. If we make a few big pass plays, you will see the opposing team's run defense loosen up some.

My prediction for the first play against Seattle. Miami will start out with two tight ends, play action, and go deep to Chambers. They will see if they can surprise the Seahawks.

He was in 2 1/2 game and benched for Fiedler. That could be a coaching mistake, but the fact that he got benched when he is supposed to be the future at QB tells you something about his abilities.

You don't understand the point of this post. Read the title before giving your response.

Dave didn't like Feely, so he held him back. That's why Feely wasn't playing. Everyone else who watched the Dolphins play this year saw that Feely is clearly the better QB. Dave said that he was going with Fiedler because of his "experience". Now we know why he chose Fiedler over Feely. He didn't like AJ.

The decision had nothing to do with who was better. If you watched the games you'd know that.

Sheesh

Crisis said:
Yeah, too bad he still sucks.
He may SUCK.......but no one Knows Cause He Ain't Had Enough Playing Time.

You have to let him play more...and not in the middle of a Hurricane...

"CAN'T YOU ALL GET THAT THROUGH YOUR STUBBORN WANNY HEADS !!!!"

i would like to see some quick slants to to keep the LBs in check. Hopefully we'll see some imagination. i think of the Pats... F**K i hate them... but they win and you have to give it up to Belichick for having the imagination to use guys in different roles. Man a LB catching a pass.... Receivers on D... A kicker throwing a TD.. and people say trickery doesnt work... I say a 2 or plays a game could be fun! Brady completes alot of high percentage passes.. helps offset the blitz.

If anybody remembers the game against Cincy after the OL kept messing up, AJ got in their faces. There was one play were Whitely got pushed back into AJ causing a bad throw, and AJ lost it.

In the games I see AJ in he shows more fire than Jay, and he shows he can move the ball alot better.

So now we all know just what Fredo was talking about when he said that Jay "practiced better" than AJ........ :shakeno:

Was it just me or did Bates and some of the players look like they were about to break into a rendition of "Ding Dong, The Witch Is Dead".

FiN.in.RI said:
Or trading a First for Queenie? And 2 years later taking another Queen QB in the First? Yea you know ALLL ABOUT IT.

And the first they gave up for Lostman is going to a top 10 pick.

Great move!!!

Crisis said:
You all seem to forget how awful he played this year.

That's the thing about being 4-1 as a starter, he was on a MUCH MUCH better Philly team that even won with Detmer starting.

AJ is nothing special.

I want to know where your logic is? He was 4-1 with a team that was MUCH better than the Phins....DUH!!! That's the point...he has NO O-line and he sucks? Freaking Manning and Favre would suck behind our O-line! Imagine, as much as I hate to say this, if this was last year and he was QB with Ricky in the backfield and some of the O-line that got away in this past offseason. We wouldn't be talking about this topic and the Phins would have been in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom