Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket

Call them and threaten to leave. They negotiate the price.

That being said, I've always been a sports bar guy. I enjoy the atmosphere and trash talk with other fans, especially wine I was in NYC.

This usually works, but oddly enough there are times when companies will do really stupid things. When I had DirecTV, I called them and said I wanted to renegotiate the price, because I got a much better offer from another TV provider.

DirecTV said "Yeah, well, if you like their offer so much, why don't you take it?"

So I did. They called me up a year later and asked me what they could do to get my business back. I told them to get a freaking time machine.

Just called them last night. After I spoke to Fred from New Delhi, and Leon, I finally got to Latisha who promptly gave me 50 bucks off my bill for 12 months. Basically my bill is the same as it normally is for the 6 months of the ST payments and the rest of the year it's half off. Had them on speaker phone for about 45 minutes while I drank my Apple Crown. My wife flipped out that I was able to save 600 bucks while getting buzzed. Who says I can't mult task????????????

Just called them last night. After I spoke to Fred from New Delhi, and Leon, I finally got to Latisha who promptly gave me 50 bucks off my bill for 12 months. Basically my bill is the same as it normally is for the 6 months of the ST payments and the rest of the year it's half off. Had them on speaker phone for about 45 minutes while I drank my Apple Crown. My wife flipped out that I was able to save 600 bucks while getting buzzed. Who says I can't mult task????????????

Damn. That's where I screwed up. I should have called tonight as I was getting primed for the game. Home made Whiskey Sour.

Got the sunday ticket and game pass for 150.. That seems just about right to me

So if my daughter's at UF in Gainesville and I'm 3 hours away in Sarasota, I can log on as her and watch my game? And how many devices can log in at the same time as her?

So if my daughter's at UF in Gainesville and I'm 3 hours away in Sarasota, I can log on as her and watch my game? And how many devices can log in at the same time as her?

Only one log-in at a time.

Wow...I just called them to cancel it because really $60 a month for 6 months is a little absurd. The guy didn't even try to make me a counter offer. He just went ahead and cancelled it.

Wow...I just called them to cancel it because really $60 a month for 6 months is a little absurd. The guy didn't even try to make me a counter offer. He just went ahead and cancelled it.

Why are you paying 60 I pay 45

My wife is a property manager at a sorority. Do I just need to get one of the girls to sign up? I assume it gets verified through their school email?

My wife is a property manager at a sorority. Do I just need to get one of the girls to sign up? I assume it gets verified through their school email?

You just need their name, birth date and school. They have an automated site that can confirm is a student is enrolled...it's quick.

Capture.PNG

It was for the Max since we travel a lot on weekends.

I complained on Twitter about this and now am in DM conversations with Directv about "what they can do to accomodate my wallet".

I thought I heard school employees qualify too, but since you need to prove your enrollment I'm not sure.

I would love that. I work for a University and have an .edu email address. Let me know if you find any info on that.

Just go to https://nflst.directv.com/student and check your eligibility...you don't need to put your payment in until it's confirmed.

Although, I doubt it will work due to the details posted below from their site:

*NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc,) nationwide in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DIRECTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals, or are college students. NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV U only available to students actively enrolled in post-secondary educational institutions.NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV consists of all out-of-market Sunday afternoon regular-season NFL games (based on customer's device location) broadcast on FOX and CBS. Games on Saturday Dec. 24, 2016 will be included in NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV. However, games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS affiliate will not be available in NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV. Games available via remote viewing based on device location. Only one game may be accessed remotely at any given time. Compatible device/operating system required for online/mobile access. Additional data charges may apply. Only available on select connected devices. Visit nflsundayticket.tv for a list of compatible devices/system requirements. Subscription cannot be downgraded or cancelled (in part or in whole) after the start of the season and subscription fees cannot be refunded. NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, and Super Bowl game broadcasts. Access to these games is available within NFL Game Pass on an on-demand basis after such games have aired on broadcast television. Audio feeds may be subject to availability. For a full description of features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit www.nfl.com/gamepass. NFL, the NFL Shield design and the NFL SUNDAYTICKET name and logo are registered trademarks of the NFL and its affiliates. ©2016 DIRECTV. DIRECTV is a registered trademark of DIRECTV, LLC. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.

Back
Top Bottom