Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket

So with this fire stick, do you still have to pay the $10 or so a month for Netflix?

Only if you want Netflix. It's geared toward Amazon video...a decent amount of which is included with an Amazon Prime membership. However, you could just buy the Firestick and load Kodi app that was mentioned or Netflix, Hulu or a bunch of other apps including some free stuff.

Ok, folks I'm reading many posts from you folks saying your going to go with a firestick w/KODI. Please folks if your going to go with a firestick please DO NOT buy one from someone on Craigslist selling it pre-loaded with KODI. It is a big rip off. KODI is free and you can do this yourself. These guys are making a lot of money off of other peoples hard work. (developers that bring you thing content) without giving back to the community. If your going to go with KODI get a Matricom Gbox Q or one of them Nvidia Shields. RAM is very important for Cache in KODI and a firestick is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to running KODI. There is all kinds of info on how to install and setup even for a Noob it is easy peazy. Also sign up for a realdebrid account and have lots of bandwidth and you should be good to go.

Curious if anybody has paid for Machtv plus on Roku or Fire Stick? I've heard good things but nothing from concrete.

Do you need the firestick to use Kodi? I see there's a PC version.

Also, I can't say I understand very well how it works. I gather you need to install a plugin to see the games?

Also, I can't say I understand very well how it works. I gather you need to install a plugin to see the games?

Exactly. Yes you can put Kodi on a computer, but I personally find it easier to just find a couple of streaming sites that you like and trust and just bookmark them for easy access. I will re-new my NFL game pass next week, but I'm not sure if the streaming version of Sunday Ticket is worth re-newing.

You can install Kodi on a PC as well. There are versions available for Windows, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, & Linux. To view the games you have to install addons such as SportsDevil, Castaway, Vidtime, Sports mix, Pro Sport, & Champion sports. There are plenty of websites and youtube videos with step by step instructions on how to get things set up.

I installed it and from the little I've tried it rocks! Much better quality than I remember from back when I stopped using streaming sites.

It won't work well with NFL streams. The streams get overloaded with more Kodi users now. It didn't work last year. That said, Kodi is excellent for streaming New release movies and other NFL content like Camp videos and commentary from the NFL channel.

They have this years Sunday Ticket Steaming service offered again this year; I tried in late July and wasn't able to subscribe but you can now.
My wife takes a few courses at the local University so I set-up the account in her name to get the student deal. It's about $100 for every live out of market game plus the red zone channel. This year, they had an option to add Game Pass for $50 so I did that too to get all the preseason games. I have a fast FIOS internet connection so it worked well for me last year (on my Roku)...your mileage may vary. I'm not sure how much it costs if you can't get the student deal. I couldn't subscribe otherwise because you have to enter your home address and they don't want to sell you streaming if you could be a "full" directv customer...blah, blah.. So, using her student status gave me a fairly cheap way to stream all the games.

https://nflst.directv.com/?CMP=KNC-..._clickid=7e734867-8b94-486e-ba7f-d1bf2fae6663

I tried streaming all season long last year and while I did manage to get some good streams most of them buffered and some were too crappy to stream. I manage to get Sunday Ticket Max w/ Redzone for $45/month, it's normally $75/month. I'm happy with that

They have this years Sunday Ticket Steaming service offered again this year; I tried in late July and wasn't able to subscribe but you can now.
My wife takes a few courses at the local University so I set-up the account in her name to get the student deal. It's about $100 for every live out of market game plus the red zone channel. This year, they had an option to add Game Pass for $50 so I did that too to get all the preseason games. I have a fast FIOS internet connection so it worked well for me last year (on my Roku)...your mileage may vary. I'm not sure how much it costs if you can't get the student deal. I couldn't subscribe otherwise because you have to enter your home address and they don't want to sell you streaming if you could be a "full" directv customer...blah, blah.. So, using her student status gave me a fairly cheap way to stream all the games.

https://nflst.directv.com/?CMP=KNC-..._clickid=7e734867-8b94-486e-ba7f-d1bf2fae6663

Tried to sign up last night. I live in a condo that doesn't allow satellite dishes but I was denied. Not sure what to do next. With a new baby I won't be able to get to my dads as often for the games.

When I called to check on my auto renewal, I asked about discounts. To my surprise, Directv offered me huge savings over previous years. In the past my Discounts amounted to a mere $15-$20 per month, of which $5 was only good for the 6 month NFL payment option. This year, they offered me $50 per month for 12 months, $5 off the payment plan for 6 months and another $5 per month for auto payment from my checking account. To be honest this is most discounts I've ever received from Directv and am extremely happy. It comes out to a total of $690 less the Sunday ticket of $269. I was stunned to say the least.

Tried to sign up last night. I live in a condo that doesn't allow satellite dishes but I was denied. Not sure what to do next. With a new baby I won't be able to get to my dads as often for the games.

Hmm... My girlfriends mom lives in a condo and that's how I got mine to work. Do you have anyone else you know that may let you use their name and you could pay them?

I got signed up for it a few weeks ago. I'm pumped

If anyone is doing Sunday ticket max and wants someone to pay them to be able to use it let me know. I will pay for Sunday ticket Max. STM will not affect your viewing at all except you will be able to watch from any smartphone, game console, or tablet. You get red zone too. Like my comment if you are going to respond so I know to look for your response

When I called to check on my auto renewal, I asked about discounts. To my surprise, Directv offered me huge savings over previous years. In the past my Discounts amounted to a mere $15-$20 per month, of which $5 was only good for the 6 month NFL payment option. This year, they offered me $50 per month for 12 months, $5 off the payment plan for 6 months and another $5 per month for auto payment from my checking account. To be honest this is most discounts I've ever received from Directv and am extremely happy. It comes out to a total of $690 less the Sunday ticket of $269. I was stunned to say the least.

I got a similar deal: $50 off per month for the next year, plus $9 off per month for Sunday Ticket (6 months). The best part is, they only made me agree to a 1-year contract because my contract had expired, but they usually make me agree to a 2-year deal. That means I probably get to do this same deal next summer instead of only getting it every 2 years! :hump::up::brewskis:

Back
Top Bottom