Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket

Say you have a smart tv, is there any way to get some of those apps on there Daytona?

I've never owned a smart tv so I don't have any knowledge of how the operating system on those work. Is it android, apple or windows based? See if you can find the es file explorer in the app store, if you can I would think it may work but i'm not for sure.

0B-9ewpmLdTHqMHhpRmpHQkx6LXc

Probably could but I think if your friend is logged in you won't be able to use his log in at the same time on a different device.

Correct each account is only allowed to be logged into one device at a time. For as much as they charge they should at least allow viewing on maybe 3 devices at a time but nope it's just one.

Some newer smart tv's made by Sony, Sharp, Phillips and a few other brands run Android TV so in theory you should be able to install KODI on them.

For Kodi users, do you use SportsDevil, or is there another Add-on that you guys prefer?

SportsDevil is the most popular. Castaway is another addon that is good for live sports streams. Pro Sport & Sports Mix are a couple others.

honestly I have no clue what os my tv uses but I'm gonna investigate tonight. It's a vizio

honestly I have no clue what os my tv uses but I'm gonna investigate tonight. It's a vizio

What Model is your tv? As far as I know Vizio smart TVs run Vizio's own TV Os which doesn't have a Kodi app available. Your best bet to run Kodi is probably a FireTV or FireTV stick.

Say you have a smart tv, is there any way to get some of those apps on there Daytona?

There are ways to get kodi and some other apps directlly on a smart tv, but you might want to be careful, because if you get a virus the could become a giant paper weight. Since learning this I try to stay clear of using some the web browser or some apps on the tv. If a roku or apple tv gets a virus no big loss, but if you lose the entire tv game over.

Most likely will just end up trying to get the direct tv stream thru the laptop again. always works pretty well. the site hasn't been working for me lately though

There are ways to get kodi and some other apps directlly on a smart tv, but you might want to be careful, because if you get a virus the could become a giant paper weight. Since learning this I try to stay clear of using some the web browser or some apps on the tv. If a roku or apple tv gets a virus no big loss, but if you lose the entire tv game over.

Pretty sure the smart TV's are locked down. I have a Vizio and I haven't found a way to load additional apps. Only the one allowed by Vizio.

Bad news for me. Not sure the FireStick is going to be a cost effective method at my current residence in Ohio. Without the option for DSL (5 miles of copper to FiOS) and Cable my only options are Satellite internet (Hughesnet or Exede) or a wifi hotspot from Sprint or AT&T. None of them give you enough data to do very much with video streaming. We streamed a movie on my company wifi hotspot and the data indicator showed a 100 minute movie from Amazon prime using almost 3G of data. Current plans in the area give you 5G for a month at $50. So watching a movie or football game could cost you $30 in data usage. Yikes!

I still will be able to use one of the FireSticks occasionally with current setup but just have to watch usage so I don't get in trouble. I can take the other one to our house in Virginia which has Xfinity broadband with unlimited use and it should work well there.

Didn't realize how much data usage streaming video's used up. Also saw a lot of comments on how different companies count the usage used and no way to hold them accountable for billing you incorrectly which seems to happen frequently with these type plans.

You should be able to buy the international Gamepass for €100 or so ($120 ish) to watch all regular season Fins games. You'll need a proxy ip address for a European country. There are a ton of services giving you cheap or free proxies.

Certain games are not broadcast live where they conflict with local terrestrial broadcasts, maybe 3 a year at most. Those you have to watch 24 hrs later. Depending on the package you can watch other teams, past games, coaches view, Red zone etc.

Quality is as good as your wifi speed. With good wifi it's very watchable, think around 900dpi.

Bad news for me. Not sure the FireStick is going to be a cost effective method at my current residence in Ohio. Without the option for DSL (5 miles of copper to FiOS) and Cable my only options are Satellite internet (Hughesnet or Exede) or a wifi hotspot from Sprint or AT&T. None of them give you enough data to do very much with video streaming. We streamed a movie on my company wifi hotspot and the data indicator showed a 100 minute movie from Amazon prime using almost 3G of data. Current plans in the area give you 5G for a month at $50. So watching a movie or football game could cost you $30 in data usage. Yikes!

I still will be able to use one of the FireSticks occasionally with current setup but just have to watch usage so I don't get in trouble. I can take the other one to our house in Virginia which has Xfinity broadband with unlimited use and it should work well there.

Didn't realize how much data usage streaming video's used up. Also saw a lot of comments on how different companies count the usage used and no way to hold them accountable for billing you incorrectly which seems to happen frequently with these type plans.

That sucks man. Sounds like you live in the boonies or you area needs to catch up w/ technology, maybe a little of both :lol:

Since football is getting closer and Directv just threw me a large bill for Sunday Ticket... I would really love to dump them and my question is.. For those of us fans that live outside of the Miami area, what other options do we all have?? Has there been any break thru's in the streaming world?

Feel free to PM me if needed..

Yeah I was in the same position. My bill had gone up $50 that was without the Sunday Ticket. I went back and forth for a long time and finally decided to axe them. I understand that if you have Verizon you can stream the game from the NFL mobile app but I won't be able to switch until after football season. So I guess it's the local sports bar for me. Ugh.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Buy an Amazon Firestick and get Kodi on it. I have been watching the games for free ever since I got one. Works great for baseball and all other sports too!

Really? Live games?

Back
Top Bottom