Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket

Anyone know if Kodi works with Amazons' Fire TV or just the stick? I've been think about getting the Fire TV for 4k streaming.

Yes you can install Kodi onto the FireTV box. It works very well. The streams are hit or miss and quality isn't great on many streams but can't expect it to be perfect for something that's free.

Living in the Miami market is the best. Dolphins games & NFL RedZone (the good one with Scott Hanson), I don't need anything else.

Cant you just get a friends username and password for DirecTV that has NFL Sunday Ticket and just watch on your computer? I cant get DTV in my building at all so willign to pay for it on someone elses subscription and stream to the computer.

Cant you just get a friends username and password for DirecTV that has NFL Sunday Ticket and just watch on your computer? I cant get DTV in my building at all so willign to pay for it on someone elses subscription and stream to the computer.

In the past the Sunday Ticket user had to pay extra for the version that also allowed streaming access. This year I think it's standard.

My dad was a ham radio operator. When he passed away a couple years ago he had all kinds of radio equipment in the basement that we had to get rid of. Just found a working antenna rotor that I took in my basement. Going to hook it up to my local outside HD antenna. I had the antenna picking up all the Dayton stations a few years ago but the trees have grown up and not getting all of the stations now. With the rotor I should be able to cure that issue as well as swing it around to get the Cincinnati local stations as well. Going to try adding the rotor to the current mount and see if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably could but I think if your friend is logged in you won't be able to use his log in at the same time on a different device.

My dad was a ham radio operator. When he passed away a couple years ago he had all kinds of radio equipment in the basement that we had to get rid of. Just found a working antenna rotor that I took in my basement. Going to hook it up to my local outside HD antenna. I had the antenna picking up all the Dayton stations a few years ago but the trees have grown up and not getting all of the stations now. With the rotor I should be able to cure that issue as well as swing it around to get the Cincinnati local stations as well. Going top try adding the rotor to the current mount and see if that helps.

Raise it up. I had reception issues when I originally mounted mine after trying different positions I decided to raised it up about 8 feet and I haven't touched it since. I get all the HD channels,crystal clear, in my area.

Raise it up. I had reception issues when I originally mounted mine after trying different positions I decided to raised it up about 8 feet and I haven't touched it since. I get all the HD channels,crystal clear, in my area.

It is currently on the roof of my screened porch (1st floor level). Its on a mount that was in place when I had Hughesnet years ago. I have been looking at getting Exede Satellite Internet.
Was thinking the Exede Dish could go in the same place and I could move the local HD antenna to top of Cape Cod roof (at least 10 ft higher)

I have a AT&T Unite Hot spot for internet and it isn't going to cut it now that I have the FireStick. I get some pausing. It is company provided so I don't have an internet bill. I went upstairs the other day to reset it and noticed the screen said 69.5G of 5G used with 7 days remaining. Whoops. Could get into some trouble for that one. I'll blame it on my wife and get my own internet before football season starts. :lol:

Looks like Exede is my best option. anyone have any experience with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably could but I think if your friend is logged in you won't be able to use his log in at the same time on a different device.

This is true. One year I had my friend upgrade to Sunday ticket max or whatever it was called. I got his login info to watch on my devices and he could watch on tv just fine

However, your streaming will only allow one device at a time. Can't use a computer and then try to pull it up on your phone too

This is true. One year I had my friend upgrade to Sunday ticket max or whatever it was called. I got his login info to watch on my devices and he could watch on tv just fine

However, your streaming will only allow one device at a time. Can't use a computer and then try to pull it up on your phone too

Sirius Online works that way as well. Need an account for each device or only one can use at a time.

Last year I bought NFL game pass for $100 and avoided media all day. Then watched every Dolphins game commercial free on Sunday night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For Kodi users, do you use SportsDevil, or is there another Add-on that you guys prefer?

For Kodi users, do you use SportsDevil, or is there another Add-on that you guys prefer?

Last year I only used it for a few games. Sports Devil is okay but there are a lot of addons that carry the ticket. I think phoenix worked well. Some of the live tv addons have it too. I'll start searching for a clean link about 30 minutes before kickoff, it's hit or miss.

Say you have a smart tv, is there any way to get some of those apps on there Daytona?

Back
Top Bottom