Warming up to Waddle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warming up to Waddle

Jeudy had twice as many drops in a single game this year as Smith has had all year combined.

They aren't the same player.

I agree, whoever we get needs to have solid hands. Waddle and Smith have good hands.

I think you meant to respond to the comment about that. Mine was in relation to Waddle's absence as a reason for a lot more targets to Smith ala Devante Parker two years ago when Preston went down.

There's something to be said about WR's that come out of LSU as opposed to Alabama. The aforementioned are just as skilled, but also gritty and über confident. Given the track record of LSU receivers over the last six years, 'IF' we go the WR route, would make Chase my hands down choice. Neither WR option is worthy of a top 3 pick though

What about the other speed guys they have there? Hardman? Pringle?
TB secondary is good. But it ain't THAT good!

But this is also a lesson to our team. Specifically, as much as i want speed on offense you also have to be able to protect the QB.
Mahomes was harrassed all night with that make-shift line trying to protect for him. On the other side Brady, comparatively, had all day back there.

Right now our OL is okay and certainly can get better. But our offensive skillset is BAD and needs to get alot better.
I pretty much agree with everything you said here. KC's O-line tho is normally better than that game but as we all know, they were missing both their starting OT's and lets face it, Mahomes was playing hurt.

As far as our skill set players, I was banging the table for playmakers in the last draft but we drafted none of course. They can't let that happen again. You need a lot of points to win these days.

I agree, whoever we get needs to have solid hands. Waddle and Smith have good hands.

I think you meant to respond to the comment about that. Mine was in relation to Waddle's absence as a reason for a lot more targets to Smith ala Devante Parker two years ago when Preston went down.
I would say Smitty has great hands.

117 receptions last year and dropped only 2 passes, unless he dropped one in the championship game in which he caught 12 of 14 targets.

His hands measured 9 3/8” and wingspan 78.5” which are both good attributes.

It would be a significant improvement over PW who likes to basket catch even jumping when he doesn’t have to and Grant who plays more like he has rocks for hands.

Last edited:
I pretty much agree with everything you said here. KC's O-line tho is normally better than that game but as we all know, they were missing both their starting OT's and lets face it, Mahomes was playing hurt.

As far as our skill set players, I was banging the table for playmakers in the last draft but we drafted none of course. They can't let that happen again. You need a lot of points to win these days.
How’s your table, did it survive for another draft?

Might need it for round 2 if Miami goes Sewell and defense in round 1.

Mahomes didn’t play like he had turf toe. He amassed 497 yards scrambling in the Super Bowl. One of the most mind blowing stats I’ve seen.

Yup, my bad.

Just as important is to solidify the oline. Might be 1 piece a way, since I don't see Flowers coming back in 2022.
We might be better if Flowers doesn't come back in 2021.

It would be a significant improvement over PW who likes to basket catch even jumping when he doesn’t have to and Grant who plays more like he has rocks for hands.
I wish somebody would give a little credit to Preston Williams who wasn't even drafted and has made quite a few spectacular catches and plays in the NFL. Think about that. Not one team drafted him in the 7 round draft yet he's been fairly productive when not hurt. Yes he's dropped a few. Tyreek Hill dropped 15 passes this year.

How the hell is he undoubtedly the best? Devonta Smith is the first WR in 30 years to win the Heisman Trophy.
Hmmmm.......

How did Desmond Howard's career turn out? Was he a perennial pro bowler?

Winning that award has not really been an indicator of NFL greatness.

Not saying Smith can't/won't buck the trend, but it's not a particularly good hill on which to die.

There's something to be said about WR's that come out of LSU as opposed to Alabama. The aforementioned are just as skilled, but also gritty and über confident. Given the track record of LSU receivers over the last six years, 'IF' we go the WR route, would make Chase my hands down choice. Neither WR option is worthy of a top 3 pick though
Very good points and something to remember moving forward.

How’s your table, did it survive for another draft?

Might need it for round 2 if Miami goes Sewell and defense in round 1.

Mahomes didn’t play like he had turf toe. He amassed 497 yards scrambling in the Super Bowl. One of the most mind blowing stats I’ve seen.
Mahomes is having surgery for a reason. He was playing hurt.
As far as the table......if we go corn and defense in the first round I'll just be laughing hard as to how incompetent out FO is so the table is safe

What about the other speed guys they have there? Hardman? Pringle?
TB secondary is good. But it ain't THAT good!

But this is also a lesson to our team. Specifically, as much as i want speed on offense you also have to be able to protect the QB.
Mahomes was harrassed all night with that make-shift line trying to protect for him. On the other side Brady, comparatively, had all day back there.

Right now our OL is okay and certainly can get better. But our offensive skillset is BAD and needs to get alot better.

I wish somebody would give a little credit to Preston Williams who wasn't even drafted and has made quite a few spectacular catches and plays in the NFL. Think about that. Not one team drafted him in the 7 round draft yet he's been fairly productive when not hurt. Yes he's dropped a few. Tyreek Hill dropped 15 passes this year.

Yup, in fact, the more I look at the WR's , the more I have a feeling a couple of undrafted guys coming out of community college will surface ama Steve Smith and Ochocinco.

Stills with better productivity. I would package our 2A and 18 to move up to get him.

Back
Top Bottom