Warming up to Waddle | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warming up to Waddle

The fact this fourm is only talking about offense like that'll win the chip by itself is hilarious.

Especially when you're talking about taking a damn WR in the top 3. Just mind numbing.
I don't want to take a WR @3 either, but it is a fact that our "O" needs more immediate help.

I don't want to take a WR @3 either, but it is a fact that our "O" needs more immediate help.

Obviously it does, but dedicating an entire draft to offense is the quickest way to **** up a team. Especially with the overall hype these WRs have when only 3 are worthy of a 1st round pick.

Just annoying to read the same comments about scrubs like Bateman and Marshall etc. Mid 2nd rounders.

The fact this fourm is only talking about offense like that'll win the chip by itself is hilarious.

Especially when you're talking about taking a damn WR in the top 3. Just mind numbing.
What defensive player are you taking at #3?

I don't believe people are ignoring the defense, but the defense is ahead of the offense right now. The fact that Grier said they must add playmakers to the offensive side of the ball shows they are looking at upgrades.

With that being said I wouldn't be shocked if a CB is taken with Miami's first pick this year (I don't think it will be at #3 though). Jones didn't play up to his contract (very rarely do high priced free agents do), and while X had a great year it's only the second time in his career that ne played a full 16 games. He's going to be asking for more money and Miami can get out of both contracts after next season. Flo's defense needs a strong back end to make it work, so adding a DB early is definitely not out of the question.

I agree there’s only 3 WRs I’m interested in top 20

bateman has nice feet but I don’t think I’m getting much different than I already have there on the boundary.

to me at 18 unless one of those 3 drops or I move up for one I’m doing something else.

What defensive player are you taking at #3?

I don't believe people are ignoring the defense, but the defense is ahead of the offense right now. The fact that Grier said they must add playmakers to the offensive side of the ball shows they are looking at upgrades.

With that being said I wouldn't be shocked if a CB is taken with Miami's first pick this year (I don't think it will be at #3 though). Jones didn't play up to his contract (very rarely do high priced free agents do), and while X had a great year it's only the second time in his career that ne played a full 16 games. He's going to be asking for more money and Miami can get out of both contracts after next season. Flo's defense needs a strong back end to make it work, so adding a DB early is definitely not out of the question.

I'm taking a qb or OT at 3, if those don't work trade it down for whatever you can.

I'm taking a qb or OT at 3, if those don't work trade it down for whatever you can.
You don't see the irony in calling a guy like Bateman a scrub, but you'll take Zach Wilson or Justin Fields?

Oof.

At 3, Sewell is the only pick for me. Also prefer a trade back, but you lose me at "for whatever you can" get.

There is a point where you just can't do it.

How the hell is he undoubtedly the best? Devonta Smith is the first WR in 30 years to win the Heisman Trophy.
Lol....you bolded his claim but forgot to read the two little words RIGHT BEFORE you started your bold type...and it answered your incredulous question. "To me...", undoubtedly meaning, "imo"...reading really is fundamental. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

At 3, Sewell is the only pickbfor me. Also prefer a trade back, but you lose me at "for whatever you can" get.

There is a point where you just can't do it.
I'll just never understand this line of rationale.

You'd prefer your lineman to be great and your skill position players good rather than the other way around?

If Wilson or Fields work out its fantastic.

Bateman works out we have a good WR.

Different pros and cons.
The "if" part means a lot since we're not talking about a binary chance of working out. Personally I give a lot of players better chances of working out than a guy like Fields.

You could apply that same line of reasoning for setting fire to our second round pick last year for Rosen and argue its a great idea, except this time you're doing it to the #3 pick in the entire draft.

If I don’t/can’t get waddle top 20 i will pluck Dwayne eskridge top 50 and probably get something very similar.

don’t care about the returns value that craps dime a dozen. It’s the wr grade that will carry and eskridge looks like he can play starting slot/spot boundary to me

Back
Top Bottom