Warming up to Waddle | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warming up to Waddle

I’m with the trade down to about 8 but not interested in anything any later to ensure I get 1 of my top 5 targets. Any later than that and unless teams go qb crazy I don’t see that as a given.

assuming parsons doesn’t clear. I’m gonna be hard pressed to trade out if Miami says his character is a non issue. That doesn’t come around much. I know that

I have warmed up to the idea of Smith at #3. I think he improves our team the most. The kid simply gets open and catches the ball. Plus he and Tua are simpatico. They would work well together.

Waddle does mimic part of tyreeks game, but there’s not a second tyreek hill out there

His suddenness, his twitch, low center of gravity while also being very physical, it’s all exceptional.

id draft waddle after 1A. But if you’re drafting him, or anyone, to be a tyreek replica you’re fixing to be disappointed

its the fire hydrant physicality that I don’t think you can replicate with a waddle. Waddles not soft but hill is hard to bring down cause he’s put together like a fire hydrant and stout

Reactions: A1.
Trade down is clearly the move here, but its also out of their control... Every other option involves a sub optimal move
This is the key fact for me.

We can respectfully debate the rest. That just comes down to difference in philosophy, and how we rate individual players, and their individual attributes.

We, through good fortune, have the 3rd overall pick, but this particular year, it may not have as much value as it could in other drafts.

this cat is different. If you’re drafting someone in the first round to be tyreek hill, you’re likely over drafting him. There’s no 1:1 comparison.

We can respectfully debate the rest. That just comes down to difference in philosophy, and haw we rate individual players, and their individual attributes.

We, through good fortune, have the 3rd overall pick, but this particular year, it may not have as much value as it could in other drafts.
Disagree. I think it has great value this year because of the QBs in this draft.

We can respectfully debate the rest. That just comes down to difference in philosophy, and haw we rate individual players, and their individual attributes.

yeah I’m gonna disagree cause there hasn’t been a parsons level talent in any draft that ive seen. That’s top 5 talent in any class.

just going strictly off of that. Talent and pure upside.

That's not it at all. I believe in "value" with top picks, aside from the QB position.

WR at 3 is not a good value, historically. I'm not going to bother breaking down draft history again, as it has been done by myself, and others, multiple times.

If you believe Smith, Chase or whoever is a can't miss, perennial pro bowler, that's fine. I don't believe there is any such thing at any position. Some positions are just more likely than others.

If there were a J. Jones, or Megatron type wideout in the draft, I may feel differently.

There isn't. I know physical traits aren't everything, but they make a difference when evaluating how high to select a player, IMO.

I think the reason WR is viewed as a bad value early matters a lot. It has nothing to do with the importance of the position. It's because so many 1st RD WR's don't return value/play up to expectations. If you can mitigate the risk, you draft WR as early as OT without thinking twice.

Imo there's a bucket of WR's who are likely to be at least very good, and then you have a really big bucket of guys with talent but serious concerns - guys who could go either way. Draft from the first bucket whenever you can; draft from the second bucket late on Day 2 or any time Day 3.

We can respectfully debate the rest. That just comes down to difference in philosophy, and how we rate individual players, and their individual attributes.

Well, depending on who the jets take at 2, that 3rd pick could be in high demand. There's no doubt in my mind that we will get offers for that pick. the question is how good will the offers be? If Wilson is still there at 3 I'd think we will get some very good offers from more than one team and we should consider those.

Parsons has the talent and upside no doubt. He would need to be coached up at off ball though. He plays off ball like he is still a defensive end. High ceiling but a low floor

this cat is different. If you’re drafting someone in the first round to be tyreek hill, you’re likely over drafting him. There’s no 1:1 comparison.

you will fail 100 times trying. We tried with jakeem grant and we failed.

miserably. But I do agree with others that waddle is the closest thing to it from a proper use skill set perspective. He’s also a candidate to be underutilized by a tunnel vision oc

You're confused as well? Oh boy...we have a "generational" pandemic on our hands, and it's not covid.

Not exactly sure how is that relevant to this topic here.

Try being little more open-minded on a fan forum instead of being so presumptuous

you will fail 100 times trying. We tried with jakeem grant and we failed.

miserably. But I do agree with others that waddle is the closest thing to it from a proper use skill set perspective. He’s also a candidate to be underutilized by a tunnel vision oc
OC’s *

Disagree. I think it has great value this year because of the QBs in this draft.
We shall see.

I hope you are correct. Historically, you don't see what I consider to be meh prospects dominating the top 5 picks. Last year was an anomaly. Beyond TL, I don't see any of them as top prospects. Decent to good, yes. Trade the farm for, no.

Last year there were 3 QBs, widely considered top prospects, yet no tradeups......

Back
Top Bottom