Was Ronnie the right back? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Ronnie the right back?

Justasportsfan said:
Do you guys remember the night RW pounded the bills 40 times?

Was that the night "Turn up the HEAT!!" Taco Spice got layed out by RopeWeed?

I still would have begged to have Ricky back, then use that pick on a position you really need like QB or CB.

Lazy1 said:
With Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams in the backfield it is a really talented backfield... but they are too similar of backs to really complement each other. Both Ricky and Ronnie are the type of runners where they are most successful when they carry the ball 30+ times a game( well atleast Ricky is and ronnie is a powerback).

imo, they're both backs who can do anything you want a RB to do. there aren't a ton of those in the league that can catch, run, cut, and plow through the defense all very well. the phrase "change of pace" seems overrated to me. what you really want is your main guy to carry the ball, but not be totally exhausted by the time the game is over. with two main guys... crisis averted.

gr8slayer said:
I still would have begged to have Ricky back, then use that pick on a position you really need like QB or CB.

usually rival fans tell us that ricky can't be trusted, and that we'd be foolish to take him back. then they say things like, drafting a RB when ricky was coming back was a wasted pick. it can't go both ways (not implying you're that hypocritical). my feeling is, correct, ricky can't be trusted, and we're happier than ever to have brown. having brown makes ricky a big reward, slight risk plan.

bakedmatt said:
imo, they're both backs who can do anything you want a RB to do. there aren't a ton of those in the league that can catch, run, cut, and plow through the defense all very well. the phrase "change of pace" seems overrated to me. what you really want is your main guy to carry the ball, but not be totally exhausted by the time the game is over. with two main guys... crisis averted.

Yes this is what every team would love to have. 2 backs to share the load. The Steelers beat the Pats early last year with the Duece-Bus combo. Blew them out if I remember correctly.

Mr Brown was the best choice for the team. If Ricky comes back kewl. The double threat is a great asset to the team. If Ricky can help the team put points on the board kewl. If he's a no show Kewl. Mr Brown can take it I'm sure. We really look good with the moves we have made in the off season. I really see the Dolphins doing GREAT things this year.

Blue 31
Red 26
Hut
Hut>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Score

gr8slayer said:

Reason #256 Why Buffalo can't get it done... " 4x lossers and all" Have you been smoking Buffalo chips or what?

Ricky is a full blown flake at this point. Yea he WAS a good RB. That was then this is now. If we learned any thing it's that Ricky is not like anyone else and can't be counted on at this point. he's a way BIG if at this point. Mr Brown was a way good choice FOR THE TEAM.

Go Dolphins!!!!!!!!!

Lazy1 said:
I really like Ronnie Brown and think he will be a successful back in the NFL. But I have to think that if we knew Ricky Williams was coming back for sure would Ronnie Brown still have been drafted by us? With Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams in the backfield it is a really talented backfield... but they are too similar of backs to really complement each other. Both Ricky and Ronnie are the type of runners where they are most successful when they carry the ball 30+ times a game( well atleast Ricky is and ronnie is a powerback). I think our backfield with Ricky back would be alot more dangerous with carnell williams rather than ronnie brown. That being said we really can't go wrong with a Ronnie Ricky combo... think about ricky or ronnie being fresh in the 4th quarter and dominating defenses... but then again if we had caddy ricky would still be fresh in the 4th and caddy would be cuttin up the defence.

I'm just curious as to when you have seen Brown carry the ball 30+ times in a game.

I think Linehan's offense had a little to do with the decision on Brown. Outside of him being the most complete back that is...

Fast, can catch, and block...

Agua said:
Was that the night "Turn up the HEAT!!" Taco Spice got layed out by RopeWeed?
The very same night that RW started to think about quittinng. I know this because he told me. I talked to him on the phone. He's dating my friends cousin's nieghbor's uncle's sister in law.

PhinPhan1227 said:
I'm just curious as to when you have seen Brown carry the ball 30+ times in a game.

I haven't but I think that is the type of back he projects to be in the NFL. With his speed and power he is a hard guy to tackle and late in the game defences will get tired just like how it was with Ricky and miss tackles and get ran over.

shouright said:
Ronnie Brown is the difference between having to COUNT on Ricky and having him as a LUXURY if he returns to his old form. Personally I'd hate to be COUNTING on Ricky right now.
Amen brother!

Back
Top Bottom