Was Ronnie the right back? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Ronnie the right back?

It's a terrible thing having two very big and powerful backs. When the 4th quarter comes, you've got someone fresh to pound away and protect the lead.

Lazy1 said:
I really like Ronnie Brown and think he will be a successful back in the NFL. But I have to think that if we knew Ricky Williams was coming back for sure would Ronnie Brown still have been drafted by us? With Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams in the backfield it is a really talented backfield... but they are too similar of backs to really complement each other. Both Ricky and Ronnie are the type of runners where they are most successful when they carry the ball 30+ times a game( well atleast Ricky is and ronnie is a powerback). I think our backfield with Ricky back would be alot more dangerous with carnell williams rather than ronnie brown. That being said we really can't go wrong with a Ronnie Ricky combo... think about ricky or ronnie being fresh in the 4th quarter and dominating defenses... but then again if we had caddy ricky would still be fresh in the 4th and caddy would be cuttin up the defence.

You stole my sig:(

Lazy1 said:
I really like Ronnie Brown and think he will be a successful back in the NFL. But I have to think that if we knew Ricky Williams was coming back for sure would Ronnie Brown still have been drafted by us? With Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams in the backfield it is a really talented backfield... but they are too similar of backs to really complement each other. Both Ricky and Ronnie are the type of runners where they are most successful when they carry the ball 30+ times a game( well atleast Ricky is and ronnie is a powerback). I think our backfield with Ricky back would be alot more dangerous with carnell williams rather than ronnie brown. That being said we really can't go wrong with a Ronnie Ricky combo... think about ricky or ronnie being fresh in the 4th quarter and dominating defenses... but then again if we had caddy ricky would still be fresh in the 4th and caddy would be cuttin up the defence.

What does it matter? Ide rather have two stud backs instead of one guy carrying the entire load himself, no matter what the styles are..

Back
Top Bottom