Was Van Noy the Rat? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Van Noy the Rat?

Burt Macklin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Now that all the dust has settled, was Kyle Van Noy the "rat" inside the locker room leaking info out all season long (Fitz benching over Tua, players "unhappy" with Tua performances)? In interviews he's done with Pat McAfee, he's come off as a bit of a tool at times. I can see him being the type to be a leader in front of the coaches and a rat to the media.

One piece of evidence that seems fairly damning is that he was the one who released the info that he was cut, not the team. That was evident from the fact that it took them a full week or two to try trading him before cutting him. Maybe the front office figured out that he was a/the rat.

Do you think this was one of the reasons he was cut so abruptly after an okay season?

His production did not match his pay, as he was set to make some crazy amount of money (Top 5 LB money) for someone who was not even the best LB on his team and no where near top 5 in the league.

It’s possible, but I think it’s more likely that Grier and Flores did a cost benefit analysis of his production, salary and age and those were the primary motivations for moving on. Everybody’s replaceable.

Last edited:
Now that all the dust has settled, was Kyle Van Noy the "rat" inside the locker room leaking info out all season long (Fitz benching over Tua, players "unhappy" with Tua performances)? In interviews he's done with Pat McAfee, he's come off as a bit of a tool at times. I can see him being the type to be a leader in front of the coaches and a rat to the media.

One piece of evidence that seems fairly damning is that he was the one who released the info that he was cut, not the team. That was evident from the fact that it took them a full week or two to try trading him before cutting him. Maybe the front office figured out that he was a/the rat.

Do you think this was one of the reasons he was cut so abruptly after an okay season?

His production did not match his pay, as he was set to make some crazy amount of money (Top 5 LB money) for someone who was not even the best LB on his team and no where near top 5 in the league.
I think we all know who the rat is ... ... ...

I can’t tell you if you don’t already know

My question is and I don’t know the answer but if he was traded wouldn’t the new team have to take on his big contract unless they redo it. He saying he was cut early meant more likely and it was the case he was cut and had to signfor far less. Think 6 mill from 10?

My question is and I don’t know the answer but if he was traded wouldn’t the new team have to take on his big contract unless they redo it. He saying he was cut early meant more likely and it was the case he was cut and had to signfor far less. Think 6 mill from 10?
yeah i doubt any team would pay his salary we had on contract. I think it was 13-15 mil for the upcoming season. totally not worth the production. I can't see why the Dolphins would want him blabbing that he's about to be released before they would try to trade him. I can't image our front office is inept. Logic would say they gave him a courtesy heads up that they were going to either trade or cut him, and he let his mouth do the rest.

giphy.gif

If these 3 players are rats, what does that make Armando? Because really, it would have been just as easy for him to find 3 players who absolutely loved Tua... I have some words to describe Armando but Im curious about your opinions...

Back
Top Bottom