Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins visits Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins visits Dolphins

niklas probably has the highest upside but i would also say he has the steepest learning curve...if he was more a flex monster and athlete like a jimmy graham or that level athlete guy you could probably get more early bang cause you wouldn't ask him to do a lot in line but he's gonna have a lot of blocking responsibilities and assignments etc and i bet his head will be spinning come camp...you can see hesitation in his game anyways at notre dame...like he's fishing for assignments etc instead of just playing at times

i would expect it though with a 2 year tight end...

Niklas pummeling people.. see 6:35-6:58

[video]http://draftbreakdown.com/video/troy-niklas-vs-rutgers-2013/?&start=395&end=418[/video]

Anyone who thinks he isn't a dominant blocker and not a top 10 tight end in the future, I encourage you to watch the 3 plays in a row starting at 6:35 and ending at 6:58

That's how a real tight end plays the game.

PS.. sorry I suck at posting videos on here apparently

niklas probably has the highest upside but i would also say he has the steepest learning curve...if he was more a flex monster and athlete like a jimmy graham or that level athlete guy you could probably get more early bang cause you wouldn't ask him to do a lot in line but he's gonna have a lot of blocking responsibilities and assignments etc and i bet his head will be spinning come camp...you can see hesitation in his game anyways at notre dame...like he's fishing for assignments etc instead of just playing at times

i would expect it though with a 2 year tight end...

watch 6:35-6:58 in the video I just posted... all you need to see as a blocker....

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Niklas would snap Dion Jordan in half if he lined up as a 9 technique

i'm not gonna argue that he cant be top 10 down the road but hes got a long ways to go with some parts of his game...he runs routes into coverage doesnt read zone and sit like he should at times just raw...imo another year in school and maybe you would validate a 1st round pick...

Niklas pummeling people.. see 6:35-6:58

[video]http://draftbreakdown.com/video/troy-niklas-vs-rutgers-2013/?&start=395&end=418[/video]

Anyone who thinks he isn't a dominant blocker and not a top 10 tight end in the future, I encourage you to watch the 3 plays in a row starting at 6:35 and ending at 6:58

That's how a real tight end plays the game.

PS.. sorry I suck at posting videos on here apparently

No doubt his blocking game's fantastic. He'd be a good fit here, his combine #'s give pause regarding his athleticism.

http://mockdraftable.com/player/4564/

No doubt his blocking game's fantastic. He'd be a good fit here, his combine #'s give pause regarding his athleticism.

http://mockdraftable.com/player/4564/

Not the most athletic guy but can win 50/50 throws due to his catch radius, and bringing him down in the open field is no easy task for DB's.. Put on any game you routinely see him breaking tackles carrying 2-3 defenders for additional yardage.

I prefer football players, not guys playing basketball on grass.. Niklas is my prototype Tight End.. Trust me DEs/OLBs DO NOT want to line up against him in the run game. I can live with him catching 35-60 passes a year for what he does in the run game/ redzone

i'm not gonna argue that he cant be top 10 down the road but hes got a long ways to go with some parts of his game...he runs routes into coverage doesnt read zone and sit like he should at times just raw...imo another year in school and maybe you would validate a 1st round pick...

No doubt he is very raw especially in the passing game. In 2012 he was more of a glorified tackle than a receiver bc of Eifert. But you're not drafting him to catch 100+ balls for you. You're drafting him for the movement he generates in the run game. He'll be a guy that catches 35-60 passes a year. But tight ends get so much better once they hit the NFL. More so than any position. And considering he's only played the position for 2 years (one of which he was a glorified tackle) he's gonna improve exponentially over the next few years.. Imagine how good Dan Campbell could make him...

Ebron, Amaro, and ASJ all have maturity/character flaws. They may end up being pretty good pros, but will leave a lot to be desired.. They will not live up to their potential.. Your tape is your floor, your character is your ceiling.

Seferian-Jenkins Healthy and Fast

Seferian-Jenkins, by far the best all-around tight end in this year’s class, had been sidelined since a stress fracture was found in his foot during the Scouting Combine. The injury prevented him from testing at the Combine, and the surgery prevented him from performing at Washington’s pro day.

The injury had Seferian-Jenkins’ draft stock falling, perhaps even into the third round. However, on Friday, he got medical clearance and went through an individual workout with the Jets. At 6-foot-6 and 271 pounds, he ran a blazing 4.56 in the 40-yard dash, with a 37.5-inch vertical jump, NFL scout Dave-Te’ Thomas told Packer Report on Saturday.
http://gnb.scout.com/2/1397542.html

i like the player but theres not an ounce of anything above 4.8 flat play speed tape to be found of his...at least in the last few years

i like the player but theres not an ounce of anything above 4.8 flat play speed tape to be found of his...at least in the last few years

It was probably hand timed. Running track in college everything that was hand timed you would add .25 seconds to the time to adjust for human error for when the starting gun went off. That would turn a 4.56 40 into 4.81 seconds.

It was probably hand timed. Running track in college everything that was hand timed you would add .25 seconds to the time to adjust for human error for when the starting gun went off. That would turn a 4.56 40 into 4.81 seconds.

oh i'm sure it's every bit of a tenth off...just from the get go...but he has lost a lot of bad weight and that should help but will he keep it off as a pro??? i don't know...i just know don't expect 4.6 play speed...

no doubt it helps his draft stock though and makes it less likely he's not drafted in the top 49 at least...and i felt pretty confdeint before he ran a good # he was gonna be at least close to out of the top 50

with ebron i can see the 4.6 it's right there plain as day on tape...

Having spent a good bit of time watching him, I think the guy with the highest ceiling could actually be CJ Fied.

He's a lot more athletic and fluid than he was allowed be under Kirk Flinstone in Iowa. He definitely put on some weight in 2013 and depending how you want to use him, you could have him scale back down a little and add more speed. But he tested very well in the Combine, he got open the few times they allowed him release from the line but rarely got targeted. His blocking is terrific, not just with technique and tenacity, but with awareness of the play development. I've seen him drop a couple, but not to the point I'd put a question mark against his hands. Runs a decent route with sharp cuts for his size and has some after catch ability.

Chronically under utilised player with a lot of upside IMO. With his blocking his floor is a lot higher than Egnew or Sims.

Ebron, Amaro, and ASJ all have maturity/character flaws. They may end up being pretty good pros, but will leave a lot to be desired.. They will not live up to their potential.. Your tape is your floor, your character is your ceiling.

I dont consider a DUI a character flaw unless there is something else there that makes you think he will continue to have problems. Things like family and environment, well documented bad attitudes, ect ect.

In fact, one can gain a lot of character by making a mistake like that and never making it again. This is why scouts are told to check into everything in their life to find the bahavior that tells whether a person has issues instead of one night getting caught by the cops driving home from the bar. The entire world I think is guilty of driving home after drinks.

Jimmy Graham ran a 4.56 and was considered raw coming out.

If he is there at 50 I take him.

Back
Top Bottom