Watch Rodgers play, he's worth #2 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Rodgers play, he's worth #2

It just shows what unoriginal cowards the majority of gms are in this league. No one wanted to pick the next Tedford bust. Gawd forbid you ever do any of your own evaluation.

dumb arses. NFL is filled with dumb arses.

as for cam newton i'm not gonna sit here and say he will hit...i'll say he's got a ton of damn upside...all i know is i'm damn well ready to take a chance on a qb with our top pick...whether it be gabbert or newton or mallet

**** it...

I'm getting to that point. While I'm not totally ready to give up on Henne (partially cause some QBs like Brees don't get it until year 4, but also because I am a Michigan fan), I don't want to sit back and say Henne will develop. You can pretty much talk me into any of the top QBs (Gabbert, Locker, Newton, Mallett, and Devlin) whether you, Tedd, CK, me or whoever don't like the guy totaly, we are at the point where we gotta try and crash and burn with a first round QB (the one I still need the most convincing on is Mallett)

Cam Newton has all of the physical tools I think. But he's not there mentally. This is highly important in the NFL at a leadership position. It's the primary reason Vince Young couldn't cut it. Ryan Leaf is another great example.

dude...seriously... how do we know how "there" he is mentally??? if i could interview him and get to know him i'd probably be able to say something along those lines but since i can't i'm not gonna make that determination...and i know the kid rallies his teammates like few i've seen at the college level and always maintains an even keel but confident demeanor

yeah the offense at auburn is middle school level difficult but i just wanna take a chance on the upside for once...same with ryan mallet...kid makes some rediculous throws i keep hearing how much of an *** he is well all i know is the kid makes freaking plays with his arm and sounds like paul wall in a damn interview...but the physical talent is undeniable...and he thinks vertical first...there's no check down in his damn game

these kids may not hit but i'm ready to take a freaking chance...

I'm getting to that point. While I'm not totally ready to give up on Henne (partially cause some QBs like Brees don't get it until year 4, but also because I am a Michigan fan), I don't want to sit back and say Henne will develop. You can pretty much talk me into any of the top QBs (Gabbert, Locker, Newton, Mallett, and Devlin) whether you, Tedd, CK, me or whoever don't like the guy totaly, we are at the point where we gotta try and crash and burn with a first round QB (the one I still need the most convincing on is Mallett)

i'm at that point also...chad henne is NEVER gonna read defenses and this coaching staff and front office have sapped any gunslinger mentality he had...the nfl has figured out chad henne...another guy you better have a hell of a running game to hide his deficiencies...otherwise here comes shell coverage all over the place

I get that we're all ready to take a chance, but I can't bring myself to just throw **** at the wall to see what sticks essentially. I don't buy into Cam Newton. And I'm a big Cam Newton fan. Kid was incredible to watch this season. But when you consider the QB position and what it entails with the decision making and the mental makeup and everything that it takes to understand complex NFL schemes, I question whether or not he's capable with all of the red flags I think he has. The whole scandal surrounding him at Auburn, the stolen laptop, possible cheating at Florida, etc. These are huge red flags for a leadership position. It's not the risk I'm willing to take. It's TOO risky for me.

as for atlanta if i'm them i'm zeroed in on finding tony gonzalez replacement in the draft...kyle rudolph would be a perfect fit

If I'm Atlanta, I'm looking for a QB, and I'm looking for a new DC.

If I'm Atlanta, I'm looking for a QB, and I'm looking for a new DC.

lol...the atl d has always been overrated if abraham and bierrmann don't do damage they get exposed...as for ryan he's a franchise qb but aaron rodgers made him look like trash today...

ryan will have his day but this next decade i firmly believe once brady and manning go it will be the aaron rodgers show in the nfl...he's that damn good and a hellacious athlete

i'm at that point also...chad henne is NEVER gonna read defenses and this coaching staff and front office have sapped any gunslinger mentality he had...the nfl has figured out chad henne...another guy you better have a hell of a running game to hide his deficiencies...otherwise here comes shell coverage all over the place

like I know come draft time, a lot of people will ***** (probably you and me included) if we draft any QB not named Gabbert in the first. I don't care how big the weaknesses are of Locker, Newton, and Mallett (hell throw Devlin in) a good coaching staff (which could be one without Lee and Henning) can develop that. People forget, Phillip Rivers was not viewed as a franchise QB by draft gurus (only rose because of the Senior Bowl, but even then the highest most thought he would go was 11 to Pitt, and even then that was considered a reach).

The only QB I really have a huge issue getting behind is Mallett because of how much he was hated is one year at Michigan (I know he has the rep still as an *** but Arrington and Manningham HATED Mallett) and I can't help but shake off the belief he is dumb (in college the arm can save you from your brain, not in the NFL).

But damnit... if we aren't gonna be contenders, I'd rather not being a contender saying we rolled the dice on a first round QB trying to find the face of the franchise than say we are struggling because we are just looking for game managers.

I get that we're all ready to take a chance, but I can't bring myself to just throw **** at the wall to see what sticks essentially. I don't buy into Cam Newton. And I'm a big Cam Newton fan. Kid was incredible to watch this season. But when you consider the QB position and what it entails with the decision making and the mental makeup and everything that it takes to understand complex NFL schemes, I question whether or not he's capable with all of the red flags I think he has. The whole scandal surrounding him at Auburn, the stolen laptop, possible cheating at Florida, etc. These are huge red flags for a leadership position. It's not the risk I'm willing to take. It's TOO risky for me.

i won't argue with that...i have reservations about him like i have them about all of these top qbs but i also know off of what i've seen that auburn to start the season barely put the ball in the air and the gradual improvement in his game as a passer and in that offense allowing him to toss the rock has been quite substantial

and i also feel without a doubt that cam newton is a better pure passer than michael vick and vince young were when they came out and for his size a freaking crazy athlete

sparano and company would be lost with newton anyways...they need a conservative dink and dunk prospect like pat devlin lol

like I know come draft time, a lot of people will ***** (probably you and me included) if we draft any QB not named Gabbert in the first. I don't care how big the weaknesses are of Locker, Newton, and Mallett (hell throw Devlin in) a good coaching staff (which could be one without Lee and Henning) can develop that. People forget, Phillip Rivers was not viewed as a franchise QB by draft gurus (only rose because of the Senior Bowl, but even then the highest most thought he would go was 11 to Pitt, and even then that was considered a reach).

The only QB I really have a huge issue getting behind is Mallett because of how much he was hated is one year at Michigan (I know he has the rep still as an *** but Arrington and Manningham HATED Mallett) and I can't help but shake off the belief he is dumb (in college the arm can save you from your brain, not in the NFL).

But damnit... if we aren't gonna be contenders, I'd rather not being a contender saying we rolled the dice on a first round QB trying to find the face of the franchise than say we are struggling because we are just looking for game managers.

i can tell ya right now that i will be not a happy camper if mark ingram is on the board and we pass...cause i think he's the next big thing at rb...but you know what...tough **** for me...i'm tired of game managers like you say...i want a damn playmaker under center and while i may have to bite my tongue on draft day if we take one of these qbs i'll just have to understand and recognize that it was high time we used our top pick on a top talent at the most important position in football...

and if said bust oh well...on to the next one...thats where i am with this

Sparano and Company. There's my biggest reason for not wanting to draft a QB. These clowns have no clue what they're doing. The chances of them whiffing outright are great to begin with but I think we all know these goofballs won't be around for the long haul. So you draft a "franchise" QB and fail to develop him early, waste a year or two, then bring in a whole new coaching staff who probably goes to a completely different offensive system and your "franchise" QB doesn't know what to do/think.

We really are on fire right now.

Sparano and Company. There's my biggest reason for not wanting to draft a QB. These clowns have no clue what they're doing. The chances of them whiffing outright are great to begin with but I think we all know these goofballs won't be around for the long haul. So you draft a "franchise" QB and fail to develop him early, waste a year or two, then bring in a whole new coaching staff who probably goes to a completely different offensive system and your "franchise" QB doesn't know what to do/think.

We really are on fire right now.

lol...well you got that right...we should have fired that asshat instead we brought him back and gave him an extension...

i can tell ya right now that i will be not a happy camper if mark ingram is on the board and we pass...cause i think he's the next big thing at rb...but you know what...tough **** for me...i'm tired of game managers like you say...i want a damn playmaker under center and while i may have to bite my tongue on draft day if we take one of these qbs i'll just have to understand and recognize that it was high time we used our top pick on a top talent at the most important position in football...

and if said bust oh well...on to the next one...thats where i am with this

i dunno, part of me likes Ingram a lot, but another part of me feels like we can still get a damn good back at any time in this draft.

As for the whole Sparano and crew ruining a young QB... I honestly belive that no Henning or Lee will be HUGE for the development of any young QB

Count me in the Gabbert > Mallett > Newton camp.

Mallett's arm is just crazy. He is a talent and I think his arm can make up for some of his awkwardness in the pocket. I am a little freaked about his decision making in crunch time, but he is a talent.

Newton: I just don't know about his ability to translate playing over the center. And I don't think his controversies are irrelevant. They may speak to his aptitude, character, and work ethic. Those things matter at his position. I am not writing him off. He is worthy of further discussion and study.

Its going to be a fun 4 months going back and forth on these guys.

Back
Top Bottom