Watch Rodgers play, he's worth #2 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Rodgers play, he's worth #2

I hope we don't continue talking about this for the next ten years on how we passed on 1 of the greats... I'm glad I don't get paid to make these decisions.

Ya already knew, its always the same story LOL

BTW, still think Rodger isnt elite? A rare JCane miss if you ask me.

Aaron Rodgers is a great QB. To be honest, and I know I wasn't posting here when Rodgers came out of Cal, but I was all about drafting Aaron Rodgers.

JCane has always felt like Rodgers was good, but I wasn't ready to place him into that elite class. And the reason for that is we've yet to see Aaron Rodgers have to go out with a few minutes remaining in the game trailing and win a football game. But at this point I think he could do it if he had to. Really impressed with the Green Bay receivers as well. They do a great job of picking up several yards after a catch.

LOL @ A JCane miss. Child, please.

Let's see if JCane misses on Cam Newton.

;)

Hindsight is 20/20....maybe someone here could build a time machine and we could go back and take Tom Brady before the 199th pick.

Thats just freak and a lucky pick. This was much more simpler than that. I'm not gonna say that back then I wanted Rodgers but i certainly didn't want Smith. Its amazing how Smith was built up so high and Rodgers was the one to drop. But the fact is we needed a QB and there were two elite prospects and we passed on the second one. Its not a lucky 5th round pick crap shoot.

!!! Rodgers put on a damn clinic. That was unbelievably good. We just witnessed the Dolphins **** Up Bowl. How the hell did Rodgers slide that far? I don't know if there's anyone I'd take ahead of him to start a franchise.

because a bonehead drafting at no. 2 with AJ Feeley and a 7-9 team took a p/t running back and another moron drafting at no. 5 with a 4-12 team and Brian ****ing Griese took the other part timer.

as good as the Falcons were in the regular season, Green Bay showed what ATL's weaknesses were.

1.Outside of Roddy they have no big play threats in the passing game. Gonzo's age is starting to catch up with him (though he is still productive) and Jenkins is only really good in jump ball situations. Plus, Turner is not good in the passing game.

2.They need Abraham and Biermann to get pressure or the defense is pourous. Not a good blitzing team.

All I want to do is ask Saban what he didn't like in Rodgers.

After the draft when the media was asking him why he didn't take a QB, he said he wished there was a franchise QB at #2, but there wasn't. I remember he implied that he'd have taken Alex Smith if SF didn't, but he clearly didn't like something about Rodgers.

Of course he probably wouldn't answer the question if you asked him today... but I'd still like to understand what he was thinking.

Aaron Rodgers is a great QB. To be honest, and I know I wasn't posting here when Rodgers came out of Cal, but I was all about drafting Aaron Rodgers.

JCane has always felt like Rodgers was good, but I wasn't ready to place him into that elite class. And the reason for that is we've yet to see Aaron Rodgers have to go out with a few minutes remaining in the game trailing and win a football game. But at this point I think he could do it if he had to. Really impressed with the Green Bay receivers as well. They do a great job of picking up several yards after a catch.

;)
Na I think youre good on Cam Newton. I'll be pissed if we draft him.

Something to think about...Would Saban still be in Miami had we picked Rodgers over Brown? I think Its definitely possible.

;)

your playoff trash is now 10 tds 1 int in 3 career playoff starts...lol

get a good look cause aaron rodgers is this decades tom brady...this kids phenomenal

After the draft when the media was asking him why he didn't take a QB, he said he wished there was a franchise QB at #2, but there wasn't. I remember he implied that he'd have taken Alex Smith if SF didn't, but he clearly didn't like something about Rodgers.

Of course he probably wouldn't answer the question if you asked him today... but I'd still like to understand what he was thinking.

I remember he and Linehan fell in love with Smith, and even took him out to dinner and broke down film together. SMith, I liked coming out of college and a mixture of poor coaching (a different offense every year in San Fran) and injuries (broke his collar bone in 07, and the doctors messed up the surgury so he missed all of the 08/09 season). Smith is still only 26 (will be 27 in May) and is a high character and intelligent guy so he'll get another chance. I do wonder how good he could've been had he been with Saban and Linehan as a rookie and avoided the injuries.

I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure Cal got beat pretty handily in their bowl (ironically they should have been picked to go to the Rose Bowl against Michigan, but Texas was picked and the VY hype began) and the fact that they lost to USC (a damn good team) I want to say Rodgers was labeled as a guy who couldn't win the big game. I don't remember for sure, the only other reason I can come up with was that the other QBs that have been drafted in the first and coached by Jeff Tedford all sucked.

I don't think is was what Saban didn't like in Rodgers. I think it was Saban needing a running back and not willing to spend the #2 overall on Aaron Rodgers. Perhaps if Saban understood the value of draft picks, he could have traded back, pick up a few picks later in the draft, and obviously still landed Aaron Rodgers.

as for cam newton i'm not gonna sit here and say he will hit...i'll say he's got a ton of damn upside...all i know is i'm damn well ready to take a chance on a qb with our top pick...whether it be gabbert or newton or mallet

**** it...

It just shows what unoriginal cowards the majority of gms are in this league. No one wanted to pick the next Tedford bust. Gawd forbid you ever do any of your own evaluation.

as for cam newton i'm not gonna sit here and say he will hit...i'll say he's got a ton of damn upside...all i know is i'm damn well ready to take a chance on a qb with our top pick...whether it be gabbert or newton or mallet

**** it...

Cam Newton has all of the physical tools I think. But he's not there mentally. This is highly important in the NFL at a leadership position. It's the primary reason Vince Young couldn't cut it. Ryan Leaf is another great example.

ok looking at the 06 draft, there were A LOT of teams before Green Bay that could have used Rodgers. San Fran (took QB oh well), us, Cleveland, Tampa, Tennessee, Washington (traded up to get Campbell), Dallas (wasn't happening with Tuna), New Orleans (year away from Drew Brees getting there), Kansas City, and Oakland (traded into the first for Fabian Washington) all didn't have a franchise QB at that point while teams like Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Detroit, and Minny all felt they did)

Back
Top Bottom